early in 5 man heroics: is disc a better option while still accumulating spirit?

Right now I have enough mana to heal (around 80k) however my spirit is pretty lousy (around 1250) so I fear that running out of mana will be an issue for me if I try healing. I prefer holy, but would switching to disc temporarily help me out with mana regen issues until I can get a few more pieces of gear to heal?

not really, since holy has better regen. 80k mana in what spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Discipline is slightly less dependent on Spirit for its regen, but you still need a fair amount of Spirit to actually heal properly. If you prefer Holy, heal as Holy. I have no idea what's an acceptable level of Spirit for beginning in heroics, but have you actually tried healing them, or 5 man normals?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first got 85 on my priest I found healing heroics to be alot easier as disc until all my gear was 346+.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc is easier. Holy requires more spirit. But holy has it easier on AoE department, which is what you will be doing for the most part with so many brain dead DPSes you get in LFG these days (I usually have one melee who takes 80% as much damage as the tank does, if not two). Still I'd start as disc, switch to holy at around 2K spirit to see which one you prefer.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    tbh with low gear discipline is much easier to heal with. with atto spec u shouldnt have a problem with mana even with rly low spirit pool.
    when i geared up i found out ' hey holy is really easy ' but imo everything is how group you have. If u got brainless dps who dont know how to control threat you can be even raid hc geared and you wont do much .