Thread: Help! Cho'gall!

Deleted

Help! Cho'gall!

Hello guys, i'm searching for abit of help with Cho'gall

Atm, we have a decent grp, but the DPS seems to be lacking, cause, when the 4th add is dead, the boss is at like 35%.

We are moving the adherant to the sides, when they spawn, and having Cho'gall in the middle, basically.

Anybody, have any tips, that makes the DPS increase abit, would be appreciated

Feel free to ask any questions.

When 4th add dies and all the Blood is aoe'd down, focus fully on Cho'gall. When 5th add spawns, ignore it and just let it be OT'd while your DPS push him to 25% because at 25% he "absorbs" the add and it depawns leaving just you and cho'gall + tentacles

EDIT: Make sure OT interupts the 5th add to keep Corruption low

Deleted
    Yea we are doing that, but its still like 9-10% HP he needs to be burned, when the blood is dead, while the raid is taking alot of dmg

You shouldnt get 4 dead adds.
    your dps shudnt be slacking so bad, 10man or 25man, shud hav 3 adds dead, 4th add spawning and boss shud already be around 30%, jus hav interupter on the 4th add, n zerg the boss thru to 25% then the adds wil despawn and u wil just hav the boss + his p2 adds to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats your groups dps like on av?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

what's your group comp?

my 10man has 1 frost mage dps down the first wave, 2nd wave is done the same way, 3rd is done by mage, lock and frost dk. It allows continuous DPS on the boss while ads are up.

Also, placing the ads in the same location, with the pools grouped up is a big benefit - but make sure the tank doesnt stand in the black "defile" like substance.

Deleted
    Healers: Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid

Tanks: Blood Death Knight, and Prot Paladin.

DPS: 2 Hunters, 1 Mage, 1 Rogue, 1 Fury Warrior

This seems like a DPS problem, plain and simple. If you can live to 4 adherents this is not heals failing or interupt failing or even dispell failing...
    you just aren't doing the damage you need to do.
    Are the DPS geared out for a fight like Cho'gall? (silly question I know)

We just downed him last week heres are make up:

Healers: (me) Resto shaman, Resto Druid

Tanks: Dk, warrior

Dps: Hunter, Rogue, Mage , Feral Druid, Boomkin, Ret pally

We have the hunter kill the firs set of adds, then boomkin and ret kill second and we dont get the 3rd.
    We also use two healers which helps out a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mojomaker View Post
    This seems like a DPS problem, plain and simple. If you can live to 4 adherents this is not heals failing or interupt failing or even dispell failing...
    you just aren't doing the damage you need to do.
    Are the DPS geared out for a fight like Cho'gall? (silly question I know)
    Yes they are, Mojomaker

Deleted
    tank cho'gall near his throne.

Take and kill adherants near the stairs. Have dps switch to adherents when up. When they die, move the dps to the middle of the room. DoT cho'gall. Wait for adds. Slow and AOE nuke adds. Return to boss. Rinse and repeat.

3rd phase kill/interrupt adds + nuke fatty.

Had him at a 50K wipe other evening. He's gonna fucking die tomorrow night.
    Last edited by mmocfd8d985519; 2011-02-13 at 09:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    tank cho'gall near his throne.

Take and kill adherants near the stairs. Have dps switch to adherents when up. When they die, move the dps to the middle of the room. DoT cho'gall. Wait for adds. Slow and AOE nuke adds. Return to boss. Rinse and repeat.

3rd phase kill/interrupt adds + nuke fatty.

Had him at a 50K wipe other evening. He's gonna fucking die tomorrow night.
    I know the tactics for the fight, it's additional information i'm looking for

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might I suggest two-healing it? Your heals are solid if you can live through the fourth, but you might gain the edge you need by having an extra DPS in place of a healer.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-13 at 09:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwhansson View Post
    Healers: Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid

Tanks: Blood Death Knight, and Prot Paladin.

DPS: 2 Hunters, 1 Mage, 1 Rogue, 1 Fury Warrior
    Try it with 2 healers if your dps dont seem up to it or the healers seem capable of it, we 2 heal it every week, makes the fight quite easy as long as people dont stand in shadow crash and use raid cds on shadows orders (Aura Mastery, raid wall)
    Last edited by Silorn; 2011-02-13 at 10:01 PM.

Have the Adherent near Cho'gall until it's at around 30%, then kite it to the designated corner. That way your melee can dps both with cleaves.

On our first Cho'gall kill, we got the 5th add at around 34%.
    We ended up killing Cho'gall with no deaths and before hitting the enrage timer.

Just make sure no one gets any corruption in phase 1 - DPS is not all that important.

(Setup was 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 DPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigor View Post
    On our first Cho'gall kill, we got the 5th add at around 34%.
    We ended up killing Cho'gall with no deaths and before hitting the enrage timer.

Just make sure no one gets any corruption in phase 1 - DPS is not all that important.

(Setup was 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 DPS)
    I agree with this guy. We got our 5th on our first kill and just ignored and burned the boss. If you do get to that point consider popping lust a little early to push him over. Your raid make up looks good enough to keep the adds in the last phase under control.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not uncommon to have a 5th add regardless of what bullshit someones telling about "lulz we have 3" in this thread, if your DPS can't push him to before the 5th spawns, don't worry. Focus Cho'gall after the 4th is cleared until he's near enough that you can push him over with abit of effort, let the 5th one spawn and just have your OT and a healer wander over out the way and burn Cho'gall with every CD. make sure you save a couple for the last few % and you should be able to push him over. Failing that its probably a gear issue. Or you could 2 man heal it as it's been mentioned. Theres not a great deal of raid damage until P3.
    Last edited by Malania; 2011-02-13 at 11:52 PM.