Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Rogues: Do you use distract in arena/bg's?

Do you use distract in arena/bg's?

Quote Originally Posted by vclm26 View Post
    Do you use distract in arena/bg's?
    In BGs if I want to sap someone who's just out of reach and on a mount. Has no use elsewhere, so otherwise I don't use it.

Wouldn't it be useful to turn an enemy caster around during a cast?

Deleted
    0. You can use it from stealth too, why wouldn't you use it?

1. It's awesome against mounted players near high places, especially bridges. AV Stormpike graveyard bridge is a classic. No longer reliable as it once was prior to patch 4.0 though.

2. You can use it on the run, or otherwise, to prevent players from eating by forcing them to stand up. Longer range than a sap.

3. You can use it to redirect stealthed rogues or ferals back into Sap range sometimes if you see them escaping in a straight line.

4. You can use it for all of the above around a corner, someone trying to LoS your party (especially arena).

5. It's excellent way to redirect or stall enemy FC players. Sometimes it takes ages for them to realise it too.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-13 at 10:27 PM.

ofoucrse lest say rogue vs rogue if you distract the other rogue while both of you are stealth trust me 10/10 times you will get a sap first

wouldnt it be cool if you could distract out of stealth

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be useful to turn an enemy caster around during a cast?
    Can only distract a target who's not in combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernae View Post
    Can only distract a target who's not in combat.
    You're not in combat if you start a cast ... Also, if someone CC's you long enough (6sec) and no other enemies around, you drop out of combat player vs player. That's half the point of Blind, Polymorph etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Yes but Distract doesn´t work if the target is in combat either. Odds are atleast one of you will be.
    And? Infernae made it sound like starting a cast is enough to put you in combat - I disambiguated.

Also, skill is in the margins (especially for rogues). Determining when its appropriate to use an ability is part of skill. Why are you talking about "odds" here? I outlined scenarios where this occurs. It can often be a life saver too. Something doesn't have to be used 90% of the time to be very useful when you do need it.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-14 at 01:49 AM.

I only use it in arena to stop enemies from drinking if I can't get there in time. Otherwise, not really.

Yes, every game.

Always useful for getting a sap or opener off on someone mounting or running in the opposite direction, just out of your reach. Spins them around and most people will take a second or so to reorient themselves, more than enough time to catch up.

Also this one time I distracted someone on autorun right off LM in AB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    You're not in combat if you start a cast ... Also, if someone CC's you long enough (6sec) and no other enemies around, you drop out of combat player vs player. That's half the point of Blind, Polymorph etc.
    Casters usually get into combat before they start thinking about casting anything. Most casters will start out with an instant so they'll be in combat, or if they have the pet the moment their pet starts running to engage you they are in combat as well. It's so easy to get into combat it's redonkulous, and rogues are more aware of this than any other class due to our many "must be out of combat" abilities (stealth, sap, and distract).

I suppose if you're in world pvp and a mage runs up and starts casting poly a quick distract would be pretty pro tho. I think what some people don't kno is that distract can be used outside of stealth. Sometimes when I'm chasing another melee and he drops combat (unlikely, but it's happened a few times) I can distract him to turn him around. That was more in BC tho. Nowadays there's so many ways melee can strike at range they'd have to be semi-retarded to go ooc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. But I do see how useful it can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    right behind you but dont turn around cause that will only piss me off!
    I do enjoy using it on my rogue alt but more so for annoying people. The best use i have ever gotten out of it was when i was at lumbermill and the alliance had it, only one person was defending it and he was running in circles around the flag on his mount. I used distract at just the right time aiming him towards the cliff and /loled as he fell and died.

Just distract someone off of the bridge on Blade's Edge. Always makes me lol.

wouldnt it be cool if you could distract out of stealth
    distract does not require stealth...

yes, I use it all the time. squeeze covered it's uses.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    Distract interrupts drinking so yes.

Distract is very handy to use when your opponent is running away from you and is literally a hair away from your attack range. I use it all of the time.