Thread: Sub rogue

Deleted

Sub rogue

Today i was bored so i tried sub for pvp (bgs, duels) and i have to say its pretty cool now, nice mobility, nice survability, OP dmg ( 31,2k crit to DK with 3,2 resi ? HELL yeah) only thing im affraid of is nerf.

In pve seems to be fine too, tried one HC and 12k avarange, anyone tried it in raid ?

Wanna know urs opinions about sub in pve/pvp
    Last edited by mmoc25067970c6; 2011-02-13 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    sub is in a good spot in pvp now, dunno about pve, havent tried it. but apperanlty its still behind.
    tbh i doubt you crit 31.2k on 3.2k resi, maybe with zerk up and trinket, even then

Deleted
    i use http://www.wowhead.com/item=59520 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=64761 so maybe double proc, but still its bit much =D

Deleted
    ah i see, yea the changes for unheeded warning are nice, maybe you can get up those numbers then, my bad

Deleted
    no one tried sub as raiding spec ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajmon View Post
    no one tried sub as raiding spec ?
    And i doubt anyone will. Mut and Combat are just suprerior.

Deleted
    is realy nice..
    bs cryt like 24k .. heh.. much more as ambush? i know is nice, but ppl will crying.. maybe will nerf us
    we will see

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    And i doubt anyone will. Mut and Combat are just suprerior.
    Simulcraft shows otherwise, at least with respect to Mut:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/406-3/Raid_T11_372.html

EDIT: yay, 2000th post! Panderen Monk /transform Warchief!

Deleted
    Man go play some arena on high rate,your backstab will be under 6k on plate,and yeah with critical strike.sub pvp dmg is still bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rolex0008 View Post
    Man go play some arena on high rate,your backstab will be under 6k on plate,and yeah with critical strike.sub pvp dmg is still bad
    It doesn't need to be high in pvp to do well. Sub has never been about damage. It's a highly active control spec.

If you want high damage, then go play combat or assassination. You do not want to become another Arms spec or Feral or even Frost spec. The more damage you give to a control spec the much higher chance you'll be nerfed back down in damage to a worse point than where you started or worst case scenario lose critical control tools - then you're fscked! You'll be crap damage combined with crap control, an unplayable monstrosity.

I'd actually get very wary if Sub's damage started approaching hunter/spriest/fury/warlock levels. People who prefer the other specs because they've played them for a long time and everything is setup around them (including the groups they run with), will start feeling they have to use it in pve. While, on the other side of the coin, casual and strong pvp'ers alike will be doing crazy well, new comps become viable, and wonder if its Heaven on earth or something, knowing that any day now something has to give. They start saying stuff like I don't care if they take away X as long as I have Y, completely ignoring the raw damage changes that have been made (and there's nothing intrinsically wrong with either X or Y in a different damage context). The combination of all these people being forced to change will result in a LOT of QQ. Knowing how Blizzard only nerfs with a sledgehammer or a bat and never tweezers (especially if they get enough QQ), Sub could lose its core playstyle literally overnight in hotfixes/minor patches. In fact, it could be even Blizzard itself intentionally raising a spec's damage so they can homogenize specs in later patches - which reduces their balancing workload in the long run (bit paranoid this last one since its hard to prove without Blizzard themselves saying something to support this, lol).

It's only then the people who kept clamoring for more damage will realise what just happened and that it cannot be undone. Or worse, those who were clamoring were most likely the noobs to the spec and have ZERO clue what havoc they just created! They just move on to the next FotM spec. Yes, its happened many times in the past - the latest casualty being Feral, ofc. Part of the problem being that its easy to level classes now, there's less concept of a *main* - people simultaneously want things to be different and yet expect to perform in the exact same way with the same skillset having come from a different class (bloody strange, these humans)!

TL;DR. Sub doesn't *need* high damage.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-15 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Simulcraft shows otherwise, at least with respect to Mut:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/406-3/Raid_T11_372.html

EDIT: yay, 2000th post! Panderen Monk /transform Warchief!
    That's with perfect rotation and gear.