Poll: Favorite Thing to do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    we need an MMO-C minecraft server!

oh wait... just imagine the trolling.
    There's quite a large amount of mods and tools available to prevent griefing on SMP servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    There's quite a large amount of mods and tools available to prevent griefing on SMP servers.
    Yay for huge bedrock spawn jails, area protection and if necessary, whitelisting.

i've been building my nice little fortress with super-mining complex.

still trying to figure out the setup to make my little crops section. i saw it in a video, but i haven't figured out how to do it myself.

minecraft is super boring after a few minutes. i can't imagine how people spend countless hours building "cannons" or stuff. the only cool thing i ever saw within minecraft is the 8 or 16 bit cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    the only cool thing i ever saw within minecraft is the 8 or 16 bit cpu.
    For such a deceptively simple game, you can do some amazing things with redstone circuits.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    For such a deceptively simple game, you can do some amazing things with redstone circuits.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits

Even with a simple redstone circuit and a little creativity, you can make a very useful rig such as this one. It only works if a player is present inside the minecart resting on the pressure plate. Regardless of which direction the booster is rotating (that particular type of booster has an odd habit of switching direction at random) the outermost orbital cart will enter the u-track and boost your minecart - with you inside - off to wherever the track leads you. Afterward, that cart will return to its normal rotation.
    Enforce proper spelling and grammar!

15+ Year Old Account

latest completed project: solid obsidian tower with gold trimming from bedrock to ceiling, decided to add balls at the bed rock for laughs they are roughly the size of Olympic swimming pools.]
    currently planning on a scale replica of tol'vir city.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-02-17 at 04:51 AM.

Currently creating my own fantasy world, starting with a lava citadel and town. Heavily modded world, and planning on adding an adventure-mode like setting.

Gonna be good stuff! ^_^

Deleted

something fun to watch if your eyes hurt by to much blocks :P

15+ Year Old Account
    My friends and I have a LAN server we've been working on slowly over the course of the past month or so. We're currently working on a minecart station system that's fully automated to run us from one base to another. We hiked for 30 minutes away from our main base and made a gigantic tower there to mark where it was, and we're slowly building off in that direction to meet it. So far we haven't cheated for any of our materials, but I have a feeling that with the amount of track we need, we'll be cheating to get that.

Side note: I did die trying to prove to my friend that you cant jump into the lava after objects and I had 37 obsidian in my inventory that "disappeared" into the lava with my dead body, and a diamond pickaxe; lolz @ me. Took a while to live that one down.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I've been slowly hollowing out an entire landmass, recreating Moria. The next step is the Bridge of Khazad'dum, which I will make by mining out an immense chasm that stretches across over half of the map.
    /kneel
    You have done what most people, like me, who dont have much motivation to do. All Hail Herecius!
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

I think it would be a great idea for an MMO-Champ Minecraft server. It's hard enough to find a good one on the Minecraft Forums.

Problem is, running a Minecraft server big enough for 30~ people is a chore, let alone one large enough for all the people MMO-Champion would bring to it.

i have a question for you beta people.
    me and a friend has our own server on the classic version and i just love the freebuild.
    In the beta can you still do freebuild without gathering materials? and also can you play coop survival mode?
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    In the beta can you still do freebuild without gathering materials?
    There's this program called MineEdit that allows you to, among other stuff, modify your inventory to give yourself the required resources.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    minecraft is super boring after a few minutes. i can't imagine how people spend countless hours building "cannons" or stuff. the only cool thing i ever saw within minecraft is the 8 or 16 bit cpu.
    Easy, we are not like you. You like to play Call of Duty, the Madden of FPS's (I would place money on you playing it). I am a different kind of gamer, who loves building stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Umlüx View Post
    my last project:

http://www.umluex.at/bilder/minecraft/arkologie/

SimCity2000 ftw
    I saw this and I did the slightest of double takes and remembered those awesome buildings in Sim city 2000.
    Nice job!
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudosavior View Post
    I think it would be a great idea for an MMO-Champ Minecraft server. It's hard enough to find a good one on the Minecraft Forums.
    There is one, but I'm not sure the status of it at the moment.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    we need an MMO-C minecraft server!
    Oooh, that would be awesome!