feral tank / agil vs stam

feral tank,

321agil vs 450stam

and overall, is stam better to have than agility or vise versa for bears>?

thoughts?

For?

That's a trick question unless context is provided.

Agility provides AP, dodge, crit for Savage Defence and therefore allows both mitigation and threat increases. Stamina increases Health pool. Generally, we get enough Stam on gear without needing to gear for it unless we're pushing content boundaries like starting Heroic raids. It also depends how quick and good your healers are, since if you're dying and a boost of 10k health would make the difference, then the Stam might be the go. If you're not dying on a regular basis early in the fight, the Agility brings down the overall damage you take and makes the healers last longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall agility is better for bears 'cause we get crit which affects our mastery and dodge and stam of course only gives health but, it really depends on what YOU need as a tank if your avoidance and mitigation are fine then focus on stam. Also if you need more insight check out Infernix17's bear guide
    which can be found here on the MMO-Champ forums or here in this link.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aclysm-Edition. Hope this helps.
    I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS.-Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Mayor of a Little Village up the Coast, Mistress of Magma and Lord of the Dance.

it's like 6k hp which gives us ap do to vengeance, and the agil is 1% crit 1% dodge and some ap

Quote Originally Posted by rubadub View Post
    tanking????????
    Tanking what specifically?

Agility in general, but there are some fights you need Stamina for.

Get stamina till youre confortable with it, then get rest agility.
    Also some fight tend to favour one over other, like if there is alot of magic, then use stam, if its more of a physical damage, go for agi. If you are tanking chim, you could go for agi. Double strike soaking, go for stam. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by rubadub View Post
    it's like 6k hp which gives us ap do to vengeance, and the agil is 1% crit 1% dodge and some ap
    I was under the impression that agil does not give dodge anymore, am I massively mistaken or am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Xxliability View Post
    I was under the impression that agil does not give dodge anymore, am I massively mistaken or am I missing something here?
    ...Armor for 1000

Agility still gives dodge, but it no longer gives armor, as the previous person was trying to state. IMO it's really a matter of personal preference whether to use Stam trinkets or Agi trinkets, I highly prefer stam trinkets, but that's just me. At the current raid tier you are sacrificing about 20k health for about 2.5% dodge. Hardly seems like a choice to me.

Id go with agility. 1% dodge > 6k health.

Hmm my mistake, I have just been playing around with agi and found that it does affect dodge, the tooltip just no longer shows that it does

This sounds like a trinket choice. In which case, pick the one that is best for the fight.

Lots of physical dmg and you can't be bursted down, go AGL. Lots of magic dmg, go Stam.

Most people seem to prefer Stam for Heroic Modes. I haven't done any to know if burst dmg is really an issue or not.

Agility is for extra mitigation and stamina is for extra hits. Chimaeron is obviously an agility fight where maybe Ony tanking on Nef would be more of a stamina fight. As has been said, trinkets should be switched out depending on the parameters of the fight. If there is a lot of spell damage then go more on the stam side (or TB trinket), if there is more melee damage, and it's not heavy enough to 2-3 shot you, then go agility. Agility is also a lot more RNG based, where stamina is constant. So if you NEED to dodge/absorb something to survive, it is probably best to go for the extra stamina on that particular fight.