Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Hunters are a team

Hi all,

Small open letter to hunter community. I believe there's a fair amount of passions running high, but they should be directed at blizzard who have long since messed our class up. They fail to fix traps, throwing traps is too clunky, traps get resisted too much, its obvious they use numbers out of a worgen top hat (25% nerf! no lets try 15% we love round numbers!)

And so on.

But ultimately, I see many people arguing. I feel your passion, I love being a hunter. I have been a hunter since wow classic and simply won't be another DPS class. Many of you will be reacting angry towards your fellow hunters because you feel angry and defensive while posting. But thats not your fellow hunter's fault. Thats blizzard's fault for just cocking up our favorite class!

First, they buff MM... Many diehard MM hunters have been really really happy about this. Then other hunters will step in and say "aimed shot sucks!" well let us be honest with each other, it does suck a little bit whenever you have to move, and you do know that blizzard will change this. Should we be angry at people for saying it? hell no! be angry because blizzard didn't get it right after a long, long ptr. Nobody is saying MM should be less dps... only that it should be dps that works on the move equally well.

As for BM, I see people laughing at BM like they are the ginger stepchild? I don't think so, I am proud to raid next to BM hunters. They're a bit of a different breed, bringing many weird and wonderful pets and a different playstyle. I think BM hunters are arguably the coolest of them all with their big shabby old pets!

Surv? Well this is my favorite spec and the overnerf makes me feel sensitive, I guess many people who love surv just feel pretty sick about how much they reduced our damage. So when MM people and rerolled SV people meet, there's arguments over how MM should play.

But guess what we all share? thats right we're hunters! And only working together and trying to agree on things, will we be able to take the fight to the official forums - together and provide strong but mature pressure to balance our class and make all 3 specs as close as possible.

Thats all have to say to my fellow hunters

I like this guy. He's not screaming "bm lol"

Really nice thread m8.. And its not qq (thats i like) i hope ppl would understood your point.
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you baked?
    As for BM, I see people laughing at BM like they are the ginger stepchild? I don't think so, I am proud to raid next to BM hunters. They're a bit of a different breed, bringing many weird and wonderful pets and a different playstyle. I think BM hunters are arguably the coolest of them all with their big shabby old pets!
    Yea.....

Deleted
    Whatever, this guy is speaking sense. We are warring with each other. Arrogent kids keep hating on BM, MM and SV. We should be happy that we have 3 very different specs. We are all Hunters arn't we!?

10+ Year Old Account
    HUNTER PRIDE WORLD WIDE!

lets keep on huntin'

First char was a hunter (now my main alt is also a hunter) . It's one of the most fun classes to play in WoW for me , even now I remember the vanilla days when I was killing lvl60 wars at lvl 47-60 (kiting at 35-40 yards FTW) or almost killed a retri pala who had full BWL/AQ40 gear (I was at 100%(lvl55) and he was at 10% until he landed a stun on me .... didn't had enough room because of the stupid duel limited range) .
    I agree with the OP , hunters should stick together , nice post BTW .

Almost always played my hunter as BM, at wotlk I used to pve with surv/mm though. Now in cataclysm again, playing pvp with my hunter and doing really good, I can kill ppl with np and kite em to oblivion.

As pve wise, I'm doing very well also, especially after the patch my dps seems quite good, I just like bm and my shiny pets.

asd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    I like this guy. He's not screaming "bm lol"
    But nobody wants the slow one on their team. We just had last pick.

Eh, if I'm shootin' stuff and it's dyin' quick enough for me to raid the fridge for another beer then I could care less that the big arsed glowing blue wolf is beating my scabby white wolf's arse in recount! (:
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Although if you're raiding the fridge for beer, I might suspect you of being a dwarven bm hunter! Even if not, then each beer is a considerable buff to hunter dps as flasking is essential tbh.

Deleted
    it is time for us to show the rest of the world that we are hunters and not huntards and will never me lets show them that we can keep us with our skills agenst all blizz nerfs. by pet and bow feel the might of hunters!!!

I love how my guild openly giggled when they saw my Devilsaur and Spirit Beast in BWD.

Then they saw the meters.

3% raid damage is also invaluable.

Great post, thank you!

Gamer Girl since Vanilla- Pet and Mount Collector!!!
    Armory
    DeviantART

Deleted
    be angry because blizzard didn't get it right after a long, long ptr
    You kinda can't, its not blizzards fault people don't go into the PTR to test such things. Sure some people go, but enough to change something? Most of the time no.
    Nobody is saying MM should be less dps... only that it should be dps that works on the move equally well.
    By the time this actually happens I will reroll a hunter, already thinking of this cause Hunters are doing some really nice dps in PvP