Deleted

Heroic Chimaeron - Frost vs Unholy threat and DPS

Hey fellow DK's.
    Tomorrow my guild is going for another day of attempting Chimaeron HC and I'm mainly rolling as Blood Tank but we're also going to try switching me to DPS in blood presence while a warrior goes prot; he is currently offtanking as DPS.

My question is, also as the thread title reveals, Should I go for Frost or Unholy as "tank" during the time when the bot is up?
    My logic tells me that I will get more threat as Unholy since I get threat generated from my pet aswell and even tho I will be standing in front of the boss (since I'm not expertise capped I will lose many hits) the Ghoul will stand behind.
    Also the fact that I'm using spells with DnD and DC and am spell capped.

Secondly, would I benefit from trying to get more expertise to land the hits (got 7 atm) or should I just aim for haste to get more hit chances?

Quote Originally Posted by Plankt View Post
    My logic tells me that I will get more threat as Unholy since I get threat generated from my pet aswell and even tho I will be standing in front of the boss (since I'm not expertise capped I will lose many hits) the Ghoul will stand behind.
    im pretty sure that threat generated by your pet does not add up with yours... for example having the mechanic work that way would mean no pet would ever be able to hold threat against his owner e.g. voidwalkers or hunter tenacity pets

frost has always, and always will do a shit load more threat than unholy. I keep up with out tanks when in frost presence, let alone blood.

Deleted
    Indeed, didn't think about that.. the extra DnD aggro and the Death coils and diseases should add up to give more aggro from Unholy tho and also more DPS seeing I'm standing in front of the boss.

Conno: Are you sure when standing in front?

I will also be in blood presence ofc
    Last edited by mmoc922587812a; 2011-02-14 at 02:18 AM.

I'm our guilds Frost DPS DK and I tanked this encounter in my normal spec and in frost prescence. There were no problems and the threat was fine. As said above I frequently struggle staying below our tanks in frost presence, blood shouldn't be needed

Deleted
    Are you going 2h/DW? And also, are you running with a specc that looks near like the one on Elitist Jerks?
    I found that their guide is outdated for 4.0.3 but not hard to change a bit to work.

Btw: Reforging/Gemming/Enchanting much expertise for this encounter or just running at low expertise?

I'm specced following the EJ guide for DW. Have 26 exp and 8.07% hit rating. Reforged everything to Mastry after Hit/Exp.