Should I drop mining?

My current proffesions are mining and tailoring.

Even though I have the skill at 525, I never use it.
    I know that the other profession that exists is enchanting (one that doesn't require a gathering). I always hear how enchanting has a price to pay, and is hard to level up.

Should I do all that I can on tailoring and drop both, or should I just drop mining for enchanting.

If you are asking then probably yes.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

If you never farm or anything with your mining then yes go aread drop it and lvl enchanting...
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

You don't have to fly around mining nodes to make money with mining. If you are a tank or like to PvP, the additional health isn't a bad thing. Enchanting is expensive and tedious to level up. Personally I'd stick with mining.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your that bored with mining and never use it then go ahead and do enchanting. But enchanting is costly be warned..

do it! enchanting goes great with tailoring for getting mats, especially now when epic crystals aren´t all too common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made a whole plan for myself which you can do if you have more alts which means more gold.

druid - Mining and Herbalism.
    Pally - Engineering and Alchemy.
    DK - Blacksmithing and inscription.
    Rogue - Leatherworking and skinning.
    Mage - Tailoring and enchanting.

This has been giving me a crapload of gold on AH and made a crapload of usefull stuff for the guild with all this, but wasted a crapload of time.

P.S. I know using the word crapload too much.