Love is in the air

I just dinged 85 last night, leveled as shadow and mainly just quested with a few dungeon runs here and there. I have a couple of tailored pieces of gear and have around a 324 item level. I'm dual spec'd shadow/disc, with what I would consider to be the standard non-atonement build 31/8/2.

Last night I queued up to heal for the world event boss in SFK, and people were taking damage like crazy. I tried to use PoM, shielding the tank, putting penance on people taking a lot of damage and casting heal as much as possible, but I was still low on mana to the point where I had to use my shadowfiend.

I have not healed on this toon since WOTLK. I was hoping to start healing 5 mans, moving to heroics when I get more gear, but after the way things were going last night, I'm worried either I or my gear are not ready for normals, I know I need more spirit and I think I might be going for too much haste, but I figured the more haste the faster I would be able to cast my efficient heal.

Is the damage going out in that fight comparable to what I will see in cataclysm 5 mans? Were people just being bad and not avoiding damage?

I logged out in shadow gear, so I don't know if you will be able to see everything you need to be able to tell me what's going on. In my "healing set" which still has pieces without spirit, I was at like 13% haste, 13% crit, and around 1200 spirit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ickle/advanced

Thanks
    Last edited by Töasty; 2011-02-14 at 04:04 PM.

Disc - stack int, then spirit then haste

However having bad gear you should try using holy. reforge all crit/mastery to spirit and you can start healing dungeons without too much problem (1k spirit is managable with CDs for boss fight on HC, 1.5k+ u dnt need SF anymore for hc bosses, 2.5k spirit+ u can spam FoL again)

And in cata dungeons there r a lot of aoe dmg where at higher ilvl u can keep up with PoM (1x-2x is enuf for each aoe spike, glyphed with PoM + decent mastery)
    Sup

Your group was bad and standing in the perfume/cologne spills. Next time it might help negate some of the bad if you ask them to use one of the bottles on the table to the left to make them immune to one or the other.

I was able to successfully heal a tanking ret pally on that fight on my scrub pally healer, so I'm thinking your group was just bad at moving out of ground AoE.

Edit: As for Cata 5 mans, they are worse than the V-Day boss. That fight should be a cakewalk compared to everything else. And as for your spec, idk how it is now post-4.06, but you might want to consider going Holy until your gear gets better. When Cata first dropped, I was Disc at first, but then switched to Holy as it was easier to manage mana and keep people up (at least at that gear level). Like I said though, this could be different since we've had a patch since then... Just my experience. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Hugitout; 2011-02-14 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugitout View Post
    Your group was bad and standing in the perfume/cologne spills. Next time it might help negate some of the bad if you ask them to use one of the bottles on the table to the left to make them immune to one or the other.

I was able to successfully heal a tanking ret pally on that fight on my scrub pally healer, so I'm thinking your group was just bad at moving out of ground AoE.
    ^ this, when i do the event with one of my guildies one of us Qs as a healer, but we both dps, we throw maybe one hot on the tank.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.