Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Minecraft beta survival, bad graphic oh yeah... but so fun!!! I give: 9/10

Anyone here playing Minecraft Beta Survival? I'm playing Minecraft since feb'10 2011 and now I'm addicted!!

Just to say, I've not played WoW since I have Minecraft...

I recommand this game for people looking for something fresh and very fun.

I'm curious to know if any WoW gamer are playing Minecraft too!!

P.S. Minecraft Classic is not what I'm taking about!

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    1st: What the hell is Minecraft?
    2nd: Holy shit you have that many characters oO?!?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing minecraft for a while now when I'm bored. It's pretty fun but you have to keep yourself motivated to do something.

Luckily a lot has changed since alpha! It's definately fun for a creative mind like me :P

I play it with a few friends whenever I'm bored, love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually play Minecraft when i'm bored lol.

Deleted
    I've played the beta a bit, it's not all that fun to be honest, it's not enough gamey. All you really do is go out and mine a tree or something to get some basic tools. Build a small hut and dig straight down, hopefully you find some coal so you can make torches, otherwise replay. Once you got that, you're more or less done, no need to worry about day/night since you've built yourself in, you can just focus on digging down until you find minerals and craft stuff and then... well. It's not really a game even in beta, you just craft and mine for the sake of crafting and mining, there's just no reason to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minecraft is great. I thought that it sounded like garbage when some friends told me about, but when I actually tried it myself, I was addicted!

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I always thought Minecraft was like Minesweeper... But after just not looking it up it seems more like a Windows 98 version of the Sims.

How do people not know what Minecraft is yet?

As for the graphics...that's part of the charm. If it were an uber-realistic game with life-like graphics and insane physics, it wouldn't be nearly as fun. Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

*edit*

This is the video that got me into playing Minecraft, along with a LOT of other people. Watch it for a pretty decent overview of what Minecraft is and how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXeph.../0/4UdEFmxRmNE

Also:

http://www.minecraft.net
    Last edited by halmotors; 2011-02-14 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    At first I always thought Minecraft was like Minesweeper... But after just not looking it up it seems more like a Windows 98 version of the Sims.
    Literally the best description of Minecraft I have ever heard is 'Legos with zombies'

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I've played the beta a bit, it's not all that fun to be honest, it's not enough gamey. All you really do is go out and mine a tree or something to get some basic tools. Build a small hut and dig straight down, hopefully you find some coal so you can make torches, otherwise replay. Once you got that, you're more or less done, no need to worry about day/night since you've built yourself in, you can just focus on digging down until you find minerals and craft stuff and then... well. It's not really a game even in beta, you just craft and mine for the sake of crafting and mining, there's just no reason to do it.
    You appear to have somewhat missed the point.

You should try building things and flexing your creativity muscles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    You should try building things and flexing your creativity muscles.
    Why would I do that in survival mode when I can do it in a freemode. Also, why would I do it in minecraft when I can do it in a software made for that reason such as a lego simulator or hell, 3d studio max.

I never really got why people think it's fun to create random stuff in minecraft, and I've seen a lot on dedicated servers. It's just "Look, this thing is extremely tall/big. Look, I've used colors. Look, I've made 8 bit graphics." It's rarely impressive, I was only really impressed by the star trek spaceship model, but it turned out it was generated so.. yeah, not too cool.

I like minecraft, but I can't play anymore without many mods because of the terrible lack of updates

Minecraft is interesting inthat it can appeal to two groups of people: the RPGers, explorers of fantasy realms and the creative folk who love to build amazing structures. Overall, it's a fantastic game. You're a little lego man lost and confused in a hostile environment, where terrifying creatures come out at night and mysterious, deadly beigns haunt you. It's a tale of survival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Yeah, I've been playing minecraft awhile myself, it's a lot of fun when you're in the mood for it. 100% sandbox just lets your mind do whatever it pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    A people with there is no life beyond his computer its seems )

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Minecraft is pretty much the most popular game right now. You must live under a rock haha.

Played it since alpha.. it's quite fun tbh.. it's nice little change from the world of azeroth.. I especially like the amazing sandbox type of game that it is. atm I'm building a giant city on the mountain side in some random map I spawned.. ITS AWESOME!

Why would I do that in survival mode when I can do it in a freemode. Also, why would I do it in minecraft when I can do it in a software made for that reason such as a lego simulator or hell, 3d studio max.

I never really got why people think it's fun to create random stuff in minecraft, and I've seen a lot on dedicated servers. It's just "Look, this thing is extremely tall/big. Look, I've used colors. Look, I've made 8 bit graphics." It's rarely impressive, I was only really impressed by the star trek spaceship model, but it turned out it was generated so.. yeah, not too cool.
    Then maybe you should just go eat unbuttered toast and read the dictionary, fun-sucker.