Poll: What is your bear tank role?

Bear tanks on Nef

I am currently interested in hearing what role most bear tanks are filling on the Nefarian encounter. Give me any feedback as well on why if you can.

Bears are shit on add packs due to how SD works. Anybody else would be better, though tanks with block have an awesome advantage.

Yeah, I knew about that and completely agree. I simply added it to the poll to cover all the options. :-D I'm more interested in any discussion differences between Nef vs. Ony tank.

i initiate the pull by being on ony for all of p1 and when p3 hits i switch to nef and our warrior picks up adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubar View Post
    i initiate the pull by being on ony for all of p1 and when p3 hits i switch to nef and our warrior picks up adds.
    What tanks do you put on Nef and the adds during P1?

10+ Year Old Account

luilz

Well, if my guild actually got to Nefarion, knowing my GM I'd most likely be on adds. He's got this stick up his arse about MT being on boss. Even though we proved on Maloriak that he's a way better option for the adds, despite my Dodge and Armor. (He's a Prot Warrior and an a$$hat) But, imho I should be on Nef or any single target encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr View Post
    What tanks do you put on Nef and the adds during P1?
    in 10man we have a mage/shammy deal with adds while our warrior tank grabs nef then in p3 he'll go grab the adds while i get on nef for the rest of the fight. and in 25man we have a dedicated paladin tank for p1 adds while our warrior does the adds in p3 and i again grab nef for the rest of the fight.

makes more sense to just put me on nef for p1/p3 if im going to eventually do nef in p3, but thats the way we've always done it and theres no reason to really change it lol
    Last edited by Ubar; 2011-02-14 at 04:20 PM.

We had a warrior on Nef and a Warrior on Adds I believe for P1... Bear for P3, and 2 wars for adds... Though I think a pally/warrior would work on adds, and a DK or Bear or Warrior or Pally can work on Nef. I'm a rogue, so, I don't really know TOO much about tanking, but that's my $0.02.
    " "People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the !$@% to build cars" " - hazer221

Quote Originally Posted by Druidtank View Post
    Well, if my guild actually got to Nefarion, knowing my GM I'd most likely be on adds. He's got this stick up his arse about MT being on boss. Even though we proved on Maloriak that he's a way better option for the adds, despite my Dodge and Armor. (He's a Prot Warrior and an a$$hat) But, imho I should be on Nef or any single target encounter.
    your gm's ego is getting in the way of an "optimal" setup for boss/add kiting then. thats pretty horrible and shouldnt be tolerated.

makes more sense to just put me on nef for p1/p3 if im going to eventually do nef in p3, but thats the way we've always done it and theres no reason to really change it lol
    LOL, I agree there. This is typically what my role has been for both P1 and P3.

The way we did it in our raid was we had the Bear tank Nef in P1 and kite the adds in P3. Once he figured out how to kite them we had no issues downing Nef.

Deleted
    Tanking Nef as a Bear. Other tank is a paladin and better suited to kitting adds and surviving p3.

I Bear tank Nef in P1 and 3, Our Prot Pali tanks Ony then the adds in P3 and our DK kite/tanks the adds in P1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tank Nefarian P1 and adds in P3
    other tank is a paladin

Druid on Nef
    Our other tank is a DK, he handles Ony (and therefore adds)

your gm's ego is getting in the way of an "optimal" setup for boss/add kiting then. thats pretty horrible and shouldnt be tolerated.
    Fuck I could figure that out just by knowing that the gm leads raids. He should promote an officer to raid leader and take a seat.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our bear takes Ony during phase 1 and then Nefarian during phase 3, while our prot pally takes the adds during phase 3. I heal-tank the adds during phase 1.

I couldn't vote on your poll because it didn't allow multi-votes >.>

Bears great on Nef/Ony, Not so much on adds. Other classes can do it better and take less damage.

Our bear tonk is great on Nef - we have a warr on Ony and a warr or dk on the adds and it's a pretty smooth setup from what I've seen (25man).