Poll: Best Race For Druids

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is a tough one, since all four races "make sense".

Night Elves (the canon druid ofc) and Tauren are the hippes of the druidic ying and best fit (in my mind) as balance/restoration through their reverence for nature and suchlike, whereas Trolls and Worgen are the darker, more aggressive yang as befits the feral druid. Both races are, from a lore perspective, shapechangers .. Worgen from the curse and Trolls via their tribalistic voodoo worship.

If I was to pick the "best" race from a lore perspective, I'd go with:

Night Elf - Balance.
    Tauren - Restoration.
    Worgen - Feral.

From an in-game perspective, I'd say Tauren. Our (not a typo forms look great and we have comic appeal when hopping around in cow form. Plus, we get to pick flowers fast and have a bit more stamina than other races.

Umm, I'm not familiar with the lore, but I'm curious about something:

Since Blood Elves are technically elves, shouldn't they be able to be druids instead of trolls? I mean, if they're allowing Night Elves to be mages, they might as well allow Blood Elves to become druids ("dark" druids if you may as previously mentioned in the earlier reply about Worgens.)

Since Night Elves were the first druids, and Blood Elves "are a race descended from the Highborne night elves*"...

In my humble opinion, it would've made more sense than troll druids.

Sorry if that was a stupid question, but I was wondering and I really wanted to know.
    Last edited by Youcif; 2011-05-15 at 06:39 AM. Reason: additional inquiries, grammar corrections

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elfs hands down
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

definitely not worgen.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    Night Elves, The first, Malfurion Stormrage is Night Elven. Point proven
    i approve of this msge
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Youcif View Post

Since Blood Elves are technically elves, shouldn't they be able to be druids instead of trolls? I mean, if they're allowing Night Elves to be mages, they might as well allow blood elves to become druids ("dark" druids if you may as previously mentioned in one of the earlier replies about Worgens.)

Sorry if that was a stupid question, but I was wondering and I really wanted to know.
    I think the reason behind this is because not all night elves are or can be druids, historically there were 2 sections of NE's ones who were centered more toward arcane magic and those centered toward nature magic. All of the BE's were exiled NE's that were from the part that was centered around the arcane and therefore had no druids nor a strong connection to nature magic.

At least thats what i remember hearing/reading. If anyone could support/refute that would be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore: Night Elf
    Fav: Worgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

From a lore PoV: Night Elf
    From a pve tanking PoV: Night Elf
    From a dps: troll / worgen (dunno which one would be better)

Human

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...es/druid.shtml

PS. aww no druids in Diablo 3 ftl
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    a girl can dream, can't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    I think the reason behind this is because not all night elves are or can be druids, historically there were 2 sections of NE's ones who were centered more toward arcane magic and those centered toward nature magic. All of the BE's were exiled NE's that were from the part that was centered around the arcane and therefore had no druids nor a strong connection to nature magic.

At least thats what i remember hearing/reading. If anyone could support/refute that would be helpful.
    This is close.

The Night Elves were all the Night Elves. They had the ruling class the Highbourne many of whom practiced arcane magic. This lead them to the Burning Legion. More the Legion to them but still. This lead to the War of the Ancients. Once this war was done, Malfurion started to lead the elves away from the arcane magics, some of the few surviving Highbourne couldn't give it up and talked some of the 'common' folk to join them in leaving the Night Elves. They later became the High Elves, then the Blood Elves. So the elves who founded those who we now call the Blood Elves were never part of the group who knew druidism.

There's also the fact that the Blood Elf culture has nothing to do with it. Classes aren't something that runs through your blood, it's part of your culture, part of your person, who you are. You can't do something just cause some ancestor did it.

Worgen.

(Because I can't stand playing as night elves or cow people)

Deleted
    Gnom Elves! (TEH Gladiators)

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    This is close.

The Night Elves were all the Night Elves. They had the ruling class the Highbourne many of whom practiced arcane magic. This lead them to the Burning Legion. More the Legion to them but still. This lead to the War of the Ancients. Once this war was done, Malfurion started to lead the elves away from the arcane magics, some of the few surviving Highbourne couldn't give it up and talked some of the 'common' folk to join them in leaving the Night Elves. They later became the High Elves, then the Blood Elves. So the elves who founded those who we now call the Blood Elves were never part of the group who knew druidism.

There's also the fact that the Blood Elf culture has nothing to do with it. Classes aren't something that runs through your blood, it's part of your culture, part of your person, who you are. You can't do something just cause some ancestor did it.

Very well explained! Thank you very much!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a min/max kinda guy... although I have never played a druid end game... I would assume Worgen for feral dps, Tauren for feral tank, and Troll for Boomkin/Resto

My pleasure, always glad to help with Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Youcif View Post

Since Blood Elves are technically elves, shouldn't they be able to be druids instead of trolls? I mean, if they're allowing Night Elves to be mages, they might as well allow Blood Elves to become druids ("dark" druids if you may as previously mentioned in the earlier reply about Worgens.)

Since Night Elves were the first druids, and Blood Elves "are a race descended from the Highborne night elves*"...

In my humble opinion, it would've made more sense than troll druids.

I would just like to point this out: Being a Druid is NOT a Racial Choice. If you wanted to get ultra technical, ANY race could potentially be druids.

The only thing you really need to be a druid (or a shaman, or a priest, or a paladin), is a deep enough spiritual / magical / reigious connection to your "class" power source.

The primary reason Night Elves are druids and Blood Elves are not is because the vast majority of Blood Elves simply don't want to be, or the very nature of their culture sort of prevents them from even considering the idea. They chose alternate paths to power. One group stuck with the path of communion with nature, the other chose the path of mastery of the arcane. By and large, it is more a side effect of the society they come from, rather then something bred into their blood.

A gnome could be a druid if he truely wanted to, its just that the idea of a gnome being raised in such a way that they would actuallly consider the "profession" of druidism as something for him is pretty much unheard of.

Night Elf.

Shadowmeld + flightform = escape from outdoor PvP

Deleted
    In my personal oppinion I looove trolls. Racial is great, looks awesome, sounds awesome :P .. and as far I care they are the underdogs, hiding in the woods for thousands of years.. no one knows, maybe they existed as druids even before nelfs n stuff ...
    But.. in general.. looking at the lore n stuff, Nelfs for ally.. Taurens for horde.. obv..

10+ Year Old Account
    Night elves.