Why is this macro not working?

I was trying to get my macro to work so I could see how many Hibicus I needed to turn in to be exalted and it just returns back 111400 for me (I am 200 away from revered).

Code:
    /run local name; for i=1, GetNumFactions() do name=select(1,GetFactionInfo(i)); if(strfind(name, "Sporeggar")) then ChatFrame1:AddMessage( ceil((43000-select(6, GetFactionInfo(i))-(GetItemCount("Sanguine Hibiscus")/825))*5) ); end; end;
    Also, this macro I made works just fine.

Returns Skyguard kills (approx).
    Code:
    /run local name; for i=1, GetNumFactions() do name=select(1,GetFactionInfo(i)); if(strfind(name, "Skyguard")) then ChatFrame1:AddMessage( ceil((43000-select(6, GetFactionInfo(i)))/11) ); end; end;
    anyone have any ideas?

Your maths is off.

Why do you need to get home many Hibiscus you have if your trying to find out just how many you need? It looks like a macro to tell you how many you needed and a macro to tell you how much rep what you had would give got carried away and created a love child.

Try this one, unless I've made a mistake this should simply tell you how many Hibiscus you need.
    Code:
    /run local name; for i=1, GetNumFactions() do name=select(1,GetFactionInfo(i)); if(strfind(name, "Sporeggar")) then ChatFrame1:AddMessage( ceil(((43000-select(6, GetFactionInfo(i)))/825)*5) ); end; end;
    If you want to know how much rep your current Hibiscus would give then the following should work
    Code:
    /run local name; for i=1, GetNumFactions() do name=select(1,GetFactionInfo(i)); if(strfind(name, "Sporeggar")) then ChatFrame1:AddMessage((floor(GetItemCount("Sanguine Hibiscus")/5))*825); end; end;
    Bear in mind I'm doing these pretty much blind with a whole lot of guess work, so you might want to double check them.
    Last edited by Judge40; 2011-02-15 at 10:33 AM.

Wouldn't it be easier just to pick the Hibiscus or buy it from the AH till you are exalted? Not sure why you need a macro for this?

Deleted
    do some napkin math and you will be just fine
    I did it that way with every possible rep item I farmed... if you get a few extra pieces the world is not gonna fall apart....
    so much for macros

I used to use this website, looks like it still works.

http://www.wowjuju.com/repcalc

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    Why do you need to get home many Hibiscus you have if your trying to find out just how many you need? It looks like a macro to tell you how many you needed and a macro to tell you how much rep what you had would give got carried away and created a love child..

I was returning how many I had in my inventory so I could see how many future I needed to pick.

For example, say I had 10 in my inventory, and I needed 40 total to hit exalted. I wanted the macro to return a value of 30.

Wouldn't it be easier just to pick the Hibiscus or buy it from the AH till you are exalted? Not sure why you need a macro for this?
    I needed a macro because I wanted a macro. I had a macro for skyguard rep (telling me how many more kills I needed to hit exalted), I had a macro for Mag'Har rep (approx how many kills to hit exalted factoring in Warbead turnins). And I have a macro telling me how many kills I need in instances for x rep.

if you get a few extra pieces the world is not gonna fall apart....
    so much for macros
    I like macro's because it gives me a goal while I'm farming so I can see how much more I need to hit. For example, if I needed to kill 200 more of something, every few mins I could hit a button and see where i'm at without having to "redo" my math. It's just something ot make the time pass and actually feel like i'm progressing.
    Last edited by Thirleck; 2011-02-15 at 07:37 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why not use kgPanels, and make your own mini-addons out of them? Attach the event to looting, and just make it count down every time you loot another Sanguine Hibiscus?

I mean, you've already written 90% of your addon already.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirleck View Post
    I was returning how many I had in my inventory so I could see how many future I needed to pick.

For example, say I had 10 in my inventory, and I needed 40 total to hit exalted. I wanted the macro to return a value of 30.
    Ah okay, got you now.
    Code:
    /run local name; for i=1, GetNumFactions() do name=select(1,GetFactionInfo(i)); if(strfind(name, "Sporeggar")) then ChatFrame1:AddMessage((ceil(((43000-select(6, GetFactionInfo(i)))/825)*5))-GetItemCount("Sanguine Hibiscus")); end; end;