1. #1

    Spirit Beasts new faster spawn timer ?

    Hi guys,

    I have skoll which I managed to get quite a while ago and was proud and use him as my main pet. Well a few days ago my flattie was leveling his 81 hunter and said he will go have a look for skoll, I was like good luck mate. 5 mins later OMG just got skoll I'm gonna go look for the bear. I was like good luck I have tried alot of times and never seen him. 5 mins later bam !!! Got skoll and spirit bear in 10 mins. I told him to go buy a lotto ticket. Then about half an hour later he gets loq...... I was like are you actually kidding me !!! This is crazy the chances of getting all 3 within an hour is unheard of, there is usually campers at the points just waiting. The only thing I can bring it down to either he is a really really lucky guy or the spawn times have been made faster??

    Any thought or heard of anything??

    In the new patch I did remember reading somewhere that some of the rare pets have been introduced that were lost in the cataclysm and they have got better spawn times. This include spirit beasts?\


    [EDIT]This is what was in the patch notes:

    Quests & Creatures

    Many rare creatures that went into hiding upon Deathwing's emergence into Azeroth have made a return! In addition to finding new homes in a post-Cataclysm world, they drop new, improved loot, provide a healthy experience bonus, and respawn much more quickly when killed. Happy hunting!
    Last edited by Supafly87; 2011-02-14 at 11:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal SofreshnsoClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a plastic bottle.
    Posts
    63
    The zones are all but abandoned. Shortly after the release of Cata, I picked up Skoll and Ghondria in about 10 minutes of flying. I have all but 2 spirit beasts now. I think the biggest thing is there aren't as many BM hunters as there used to be. BM didn't get as much love as it should have in Cata.

  3. #3
    Less Players = More Mobs

  4. #4
    High Overlord NerdsRSexi2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the Azerothian sky, on a dragon.
    Posts
    106
    I found all 4 Northrend Sprirt Beast in 12 hours. And that was when the zones were fairly well populated. It's all about luck really.

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    In the new patch I did remember reading somewhere that some of the rare pets have been introduced that were lost in the cataclysm and they have got better spawn times. This include spirit beasts?\

    [EDIT]This is what was in the patch notes:

    Quests & Creatures

    Many rare creatures that went into hiding upon Deathwing's emergence into Azeroth have made a return! In addition to finding new homes in a post-Cataclysm world, they drop new, improved loot, provide a healthy experience bonus, and respawn much more quickly when killed. Happy hunting!
    This was a reference to the various rare mobs that disappeared because their normal spawn-location was unreachable/dumb.

    Such as in lava, or water. I make a habit of killing the scorpion in Uldum constantly as it's a nice bonus when I am herbalisin', he still spawns at the normal rate it seems.

  6. #6
    I got all northr ones while lvling my hunter.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiloo View Post
    This was a reference to the various rare mobs that disappeared because their normal spawn-location was unreachable/dumb.

    Such as in lava, or water. I make a habit of killing the scorpion in Uldum constantly as it's a nice bonus when I am herbalisin', he still spawns at the normal rate it seems.
    Hunters everywhere just died a little inside. ._.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Past!
    Posts
    1,217
    Right after I tamed Loque'nahak (was so excited after a month of doing rounds over sholazar) hearthed to amber pine and saw arcturis, for the 6th time. I think it all depends on luck and the stars alligning, still have yet to tame skoll though
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Romire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Queensland
    Posts
    3,600
    I saw loq the first time with the help of a tauren, but the mongrel sat there and took all the threat and killed him on me! i got my revenge by gettin him kicked from his guild as they had enuff of his shit

    So i caught him 23hrs later!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hahaha this is funny.

    In daytime i am Varian, King of the Alliance ... but @ night i dress up like a mage and troll arround in Origins of Order.
    Australian Oceanic Player: 6 Year Vet, Multi classit

  10. #10
    no, i just tamed arcturis after camping him for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT, i slept 8 hours while someone else camped him, he spawned at 12:11am server friday then i tamed him at 1:18am server monday and he didn't spawn between

    luck is luck, that's it, you can have bad RNG and wonder if they removed it from the game or good RNG luck and wonder why you're so awesome

    ---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 01:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SofreshnsoClean View Post
    The zones are all but abandoned. Shortly after the release of Cata, I picked up Skoll and Ghondria in about 10 minutes of flying. I have all but 2 spirit beasts now. I think the biggest thing is there aren't as many BM hunters as there used to be. BM didn't get as much love as it should have in Cata.
    bm is better in pve now than it's been in years

  11. #11
    I try to do all my rounds for the spirit beasts every time I'm in northrend (which was every day for the first month of Cata launch because I was farming heroic UP for the blue proto) and since Cataclysm launch, the only rare spawn tames I have managed to come across are Gondria, the spider in Zul'Drak, Skoll and King Krush. That being said, I have bumped into Time-Lost 4 times since Cataclysm launch, held him for guildies and had several players /spit on me then /ignore me when I tried to tell them sorry lolol.
    Tagging a rare spawn mob and holding him for 10 mins is very annoying lmao.
    I did the same thing with Gondria and Skoll, freezing trap them which makes them tagged then wait for a guildy to log over from an alt to get a pretty beast they will use later that night. Sadly, I had to kill Krush for my Frostbitten achievement, but all of the other rares got put to good use
    Pure RNG with the spawns, try to log on around 6 AM server or so if you're going to try to find them, I got all of my rare spawn pets during Wrath between 5AM-7AM while waiting to go to school or work. Good luck!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiloo View Post
    This was a reference to the various rare mobs that disappeared because their normal spawn-location was unreachable/dumb.

    Such as in lava, or water. I make a habit of killing the scorpion in Uldum constantly as it's a nice bonus when I am herbalisin', he still spawns at the normal rate it seems.
    Uhh....nice bonus? It only drops a tear worth 25g..you could probably sell the location of him to a hunter for a couple hundred fyi.

    I'm a hunter and I would pay like 500g or more for that info.

  13. #13
    got them all in a day on my hunter but i dont play her
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRC6r-BBag

    two worlds blended together perfectly; I love dichotomies

  14. #14
    Nothing new there TBH.

    Northrend beasts might give the illusion of spawning more often since there are fewer hunters camping them now and the loot they drop is worthless.

    I found all the rare Northrend beats in two days with just checking every few hours each spawn point on alts. Only Cata rare I have so far is the spirit wolf and I just found that one by chance, wasn't even looking.

    If the respawn rate was indeed increased, then that's good new all around.

    As for selling locations to hunters, the pets spawn at designated spots... every pet-collecting hunter worth his salt uses NPCScan or some similar addon. So, don't be fools - just get the addon and fly around each area if you see something like that in General chat!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I saw loq the first time with the help of a tauren, but the mongrel sat there and took all the threat and killed him on me! i got my revenge by gettin him kicked from his guild as they had enuff of his shit

    So i caught him 23hrs later!
    Learn how to trap i say.. tag it before you bag it.. Perhaps he'd heard of you before?

  16. #16
    On my hunter alt i have Skoll & Arcturis, never had luck with Loque & Gondria in WoTLK. Think i might try it again checking spawn points few times a week. And as others said snce there are alot less players in Northrend it may be easier to catch them.

    Off topic: Same goes for Time Lost, 3 times saw him dead thats it. Will check it more often.

  17. #17
    Managed to get gondria last night was there as soon as i showed up, also found skoll gave him to a guildie. Was camping Arcturis for about 6 hours not luck. Had a friend flying around sola for loq and no luck either. O well I think it was good i managed to get atleast 1. I really want that damn bear.......... o well in good time

    Happy hunting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •