Poll: Do you need a mousepad?

Question Do you need a mousepad?

I have a Razer Naga and have been using it on my wooden desk for half a year now without any problems. The desk hasn't been discolored, and from what I can see the "feet" of the mouse hasn't been worn out yet. Will I eventually harm my mouse without a pad? If I should get a pad, please recommend one.

will you eventually harm your mouse without a pad? yes

do you need those friggin expensive pads from razer? no

buy a $2 pad and you're set. or go to that chinese site that gives customized pads for free if you advertise for them on facebook, that's how I got mine. forgot the name tho, arscow or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    do you need those friggin expensive pads from razer? no
    $29.99 to look cool at your lans - its worth it!

Factor in what time a gamer you are. Do you play shooters? You might want a large mouse pad to play at a lower sensitivity.

I've never used a mouse pad, but I do notice that when I'm playing a FPS and doing fast movements, my mouse will be jumpy and completely throw my aim off. I currently use a standard mouse, but I am buying a Razer Naga soon in preparation for TOR, and will probably get a Razer mouse pad with it.

my razor mouse pad cost $4....i wouldnt call that expensive. but yea there's nothing special about it except it has the razor logo. get any mouse pad. or even just a piece of contact paper (that clear sticky stuff you used to cover your books with in primary school) eventually not haveing a pad will damage your mouse. not in any significant way, but it will have a negative impact on performance.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't used a mouse bad in years, unless you play on granite or tile you don't need one.

I have a Glass Desk. I use the Mouse Pad that came with my Cataclysm Collector's Edition with my Razer Naga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    my razor mouse pad cost $4....i wouldnt call that expensive. but yea there's nothing special about it except it has the razor logo. get any mouse pad. or even just a piece of contact paper (that clear sticky stuff you used to cover your books with in primary school) eventually not haveing a pad will damage your mouse. not in any significant way, but it will have a negative impact on performance.
    Well... they have some more expensive products. To be fair I got a chance to use one and its a really nice mouse pad.

Here is a video.

Since I always use a laptop I use my sofa/bed/couch as a mousepad and when I sit at a desk I use the touchpad.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    buy a $2 pad and you're set. or go to that chinese site that gives customized pads for free if you advertise for them on facebook, that's how I got mine. forgot the name tho, arscow or something like that
    It's ArtsCow

I used my mouse for years without using a mousepad and when I finally got one from that promotion I wondered why the hell I didn't get one sooner. It's just so much more comfortable and smooth. Also I got it with a sweet-ass image and someone else had the same idea I did

I actually just picked up a Razer Vespula (http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Vespula-...7731483&sr=8-1) and it actually has improved my game in FPSes and in RTSes as well as League of Legends. I've been using a cheap $5 mousepad for the past ten years, and I love this thing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I do prefer a mousepad, but it won´t kill me not to have one. If you can get your hands on one, do it. Also try one of those mousepads with a resting thing for your wrist, the soft bumps that are so comfy, I really do recommend those for long sessions with a mouse. This is all my personal experience though, and you might feel completely differently, nonetheless good luck in finding what´s best for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

I'v been playing games for 3 years with this one mouse and I got no mouse pad.I occasionally clean dust of it but thats it.