Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmob View Post
    Agreed with Laminated.

And yes, Tobold has been playing for ages and has been an active voice in the game so even if you haven't heard of him or don't agree with his opinions he's contributed more to the understanding of this (and other games) than most on these forums ever will.

Most healers I know are extremely disappointed with the expectations blizzard set and how they've yet to meet them. LK was a spamfest and Tobold's analogy to skateboarding downhill while on fire or whatever is apt. Blizz promised healers more of a triage model and even referenced vanilla in that regard -- for anyone that doesn't understand what that means that meant healers had to be more aware of what other healers where doing, when they were doing it, etc. so they could fill in with complementary heals e.g. tank would take a spike, priest would do a big heal, druid would hot, etc.

What healers have gotten instead is more of the same with Lich King in that there choices are still limited thanks to rampant aoe dmg (which was supposed to be toned down) the risk of tanks being 2 shot (which is a step up from the risk of 1 shots in LK) and further more the limitations are compounded from mana regen issues... which again many healers would be ok with if they had real choice and could use their tools and could genuinely triage instead the dmg intake levels, mana pools etc stick them in a situation where they're not just 1 button spamming anymore but 2 button spamming instead. Whooppiedo.
    We healers still have to predict whats going to happen and what each person is going to do if a tank is going to die or is going to die, don't know if your in a guild with bad communication but some guilds aren't like that. In cataclysm I am not using 2 spells, in fact, I am using each and every single one of them. I really don't think you heal or you know what healers are going through in Cataclysm. The mana problem is fine, they don't want it to be a spam fest, which sorta defeats and contradicts of what you are saying about Catalcysm healers using 2 spells.

PS. I understand that its his opinion, but at least he should know the stuff he is saying is very exaggerated and can be very offensive towards us. We hear people quitting all the time but his reasons are so new and ironic that it sorta defeats the purpose on why hes leaving. Maybe he just didn't list the reason the game isn't fun as it used to be.
    Last edited by FattGuy; 2011-02-15 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob View Post
    Agreed with Laminated.

And yes, Tobold has been playing for ages and has been an active voice in the game so even if you haven't heard of him or don't agree with his opinions he's contributed more to the understanding of this (and other games) than most on these forums ever will.

Most healers I know are extremely disappointed with the expectations blizzard set and how they've yet to meet them. LK was a spamfest and Tobold's analogy to skateboarding downhill while on fire or whatever is apt. Blizz promised healers more of a triage model and even referenced vanilla in that regard -- for anyone that doesn't understand what that means that meant healers had to be more aware of what other healers where doing, when they were doing it, etc. so they could fill in with complementary heals e.g. tank would take a spike, priest would do a big heal, druid would hot, etc.

What healers have gotten instead is more of the same with Lich King in that there choices are still limited thanks to rampant aoe dmg (which was supposed to be toned down) the risk of tanks being 2 shot (which is a step up from the risk of 1 shots in LK) and further more the limitations are compounded from mana regen issues... which again many healers would be ok with if they had real choice and could use their tools and could genuinely triage instead the dmg intake levels, mana pools etc stick them in a situation where they're not just 1 button spamming anymore but 2 button spamming instead. Whooppiedo.
    Funny, every single healer I've played with loves the new aspect of healing that actually requires some thought. Obviously opinions vary, but you shouldn't assume that everyone you know means that everyone in this game thinks the same way.

FYI, the main reason his blog is being scoffed is because he obviously has a lack of raid experience with this expansion but is trying to say it 'sucks' without going into much detail as to why really. That's why his opinion is being chucked as not the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    who is he? and why does his opinion, matter more then the average players?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not familiar with this Tobold person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Never heard of the guy...

Basically, grow some skills please, and stop fucking whine... Seriously.
    This Pmuch.

I keep reading that healing is hard, im playing my Rdruid/Hpally/Rsham fine, and these are undergeared alts =/
    I dont understand why people say its hard....
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    "Let me explain my view of how raiding has changed with an analogy: As a healer, raiding in Vanilla was like solving a Rubik's Cube. You had to *think* to succeed, and you had to think fast."
    Stopped reading there.
    Save me from having to read at all. What an idiot (the OP, not the above quoted text). Thank you to Irony.

(Rubik's Cube . . . think fast . . . someone call the analogy police)

10+ Year Old Account
    In war a medic cant sit there and think about what to do, when theres bullets everywhere, why in a dungeon would one think its fun to just stand there. thats like playing a text based game, your UI could consist of healbot dragged to fit your screen size and nothing else. Thats why in wrath I quit playing my healer, cause you just... stood there.

The irony of this statement are the people who can speed complete a rubik's cube have a set algorithm that they use, and its the same one every time, and If you get a bigger cube theres just a new set of turns and twists to learn
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

First off, the person who posted the blog didn't post it here. He posted it on his own blog, someone else linked it here, so all of your "Do we really need to know?" should be directed at the OP not the blogger. Second, as usual everyone is being an asshat...yet I agree with their message, just not the delivery. In vanilla, BC, and WotLK as long as a boss went down healing meters didn't really matter because everyone lived. There really was no way to separate "Great and good" healers, and sometimes it was hard to distinguish a bad healer in a raid with other decent healers picking up the slack.

Now blizzard gave healers the need to mind their resources, effectively meaning a good healer has everyone alive and has mana left to spare. A decent healer kept everyone up, but OOM'd a little too quick, meaning they could have been more efficient. Bad healers let people die and/or (usually and) run out of mana 30 seconds into a fight. If being measured by your ability to perform your job while not standing in fire is such a terrible thing, then you shouldn't raid. Remember all those times in heroics or PuG raid where you lol'd at and /kicked the dps only doing 2k dps? Now it's time for you to be measured in a similar manner, if you can't do it...it's not really the games fault. I don't mean it as an insult to healers out there, I have an alt healer myself going through heroics which I personally find more fun than ever. For the first time healing (granted I only healed in WotLK, I didn't personally heal in BC or vanilla in serious content) I feel like each decision I make matters, instead of just spam HoT'ing and watching TV. People cried left and right for harder content, we get it and all of a sudden stuff is too hard to be fun?

5 man heroic rant below:
    On a final note, people complaining about heroics? Really? I don't even have raid gear, nor does my pocket healer, we are entirely 346 heroic and 359 rep geared...I tank on my DK main in dps gear to make the instance go faster with my healer having little to zero mana issues, that's also with ignoring CC on everything but double healer / heavy AoE spam trash packs. I queued at the minimum possible level as a tank, holding items in my bags to boost me to the gear level necessary (meaning I didn't have the gear level necessary) and heroics were decently challenging. If you can't heal it there's 3 solutions; Tell your party (and you) to stop taking so much avoidable damage, use more CC on trash or learn to heal in the new style. I suppose gear level could be an issue, but given the ilvl gateway and the minimal issues I've had at the minimum possible gear level I don't think gear should really prevent you from being able to progress through a heroic.

I don't know who this guy is, but his opinion is rather irrelevant.

Vanilla healing meant mana management, but it also unfortunately meant constant casting because the tank was consistently in peril. Bandages were used by everyone and there was this terrible thing called healing rotations. They were dumb to put it succinctly. I'm quite glad they are gone.

The problem is over the course of BC and Wrath, mana became irrelevant. You could cast on anyone and do well and tank healers were limited to the paladins who didn't really have many tools other than efficient spell (Flash which eventually evolved to Holy Light). You could get by with the big smartgrop heals and not worry about it's effect on your mana, if yneeded it and it was ready, you cast it. Spell priorities developed with some rotations, but none really cared about your mana pool.

Flash to today, we have choices to make and they will affect your output very shortly down the line. We still have rotations and priorities, but sometimes the mechanics of the fights change what your next spell needs to be. We have choices, lots of choices.

Oh and boo hoo this guy doesn't get to jump into a raid with clique and grid loaded and play whack a mole while watching netflix and get free loot. As a healer, I love the mobility aspect now. I love that i have to worry about where I stand and how I heal. I love that even when the tank is at 30% health, it doesn't mean that they're one hit from death and if i go into frantic mode healing them, i just might burn out of mana before this fight ends.

Healing was hard for a week, thei adapted and I'm fine, in fact I'm pretty sure in another tier, things will either be nerfed again or as stupidly easy as they were in wrath. Right now I'm happy though and welcome the potential nerf.

The TLDR version, this guy doesn't like the game isn't easy mode and wants to take a trip on the whambulance.

Ok, I think this has gone on long enough. Better to just close this than have a bunch of people banned over name calling.