Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Blizzard Fanboy ;p
    Lol my sentiments exactly. I never knew there were so many time travellers who would head into the future to see the way games work and report back and not go find next weeks lottery numbers. ;o)

OT: I find Rift interesting at most i've played WoW for a long time (Since 2005) and DAoC before that and have always looked for the DAoC niche that is never reoccurring in new MMO's coming out. I tried WAR and Aion and countless others and always came back to WoW, now i have that i'm bored itch that comes shortly after WoW next expansion and Rift from what ive read and seen could possible fill a couple of month void and if it hits the DAoC PvP itch then i will stay. If not i will do my about turn and wait for the next MMO to come along and repeat my usual.

Just feel like i am looking for something lost when i stopped playing DAoC back in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by mokoshnek View Post
    Rift is just another WAR/AoC, no one hyping the game will still be playing it in a month and in 3 months everyone will have forgotten about it. Not much to say here really, I think at this point everyone but the diehard fanboys know this with the game being so close to release.

SW:TOR isn't going to be anything special either - it's just going to be some linear story focused shit, basically WoW in space with some cutscenes. I've heard from people in alpha that it's pretty bad, Bioware should stick to single player games.

As for Guild Wars 2, there's not going to be any healers or tanks, and you're limited to 10 abilities at a time. Combats going to be a joke.

Basically if anyone thinks anything other than Blizzard's next mmo is going to change that graph, they're delusional and I'll have fun laughing at you when your new amazing mmo comes out and crashes and burns like everything else that tried to compete with WoW. And before you call me a WoW fanboy or whatever, my subscriptions been canceled since December.
    Your either a wow fanboy or a sad kid that still comes to a primarily wow forum for some unknown reason. That being said SWTOR is nothing like WOW, GW2 will do decently because its F2P the only one i don't have much hope in is DCUO and Rift. That being said WoWs numbers most likely won't increase much more than it is at now. Star wars fan base is 10 times that of WoW easily, that alone will allow it to do decently, i don't doubt that WoW will still hold a majority in the market, but what you are saying.. is making you seem like a fanboy. All i hear is OMG this will suck, when a lot of other MMOS including games like AION and Eve are pretty well respected MMOs, who cares if they don't have 12 million players, they don't have to deal with people like you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Same for WoW.
    Blizzard release only ACTIVE subscriptions in their numbers. So no, not WoW.

Deleted
    Indeed, would be interesting with a new graph of that now when RIFT are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    If it does do the Aion move then it will beat wow to death. Aion was on the way to do that. It just had NC soft managing it which ruined it in the end. Trion has allready proven på have their balls much more on point. So thanks for proving my point
    I no think what the poster was trying to say is that Aion was a unique concept with 0 end game. They also did 0 to stop RMT in the beginning with destroyed the economy. Where these NCSoft's fault? Yes, but its also because the end game was non-existent. The battles in the abyss were lagged all to hell and basically were not skill based. It may have improved now, but Aion is relying on their Korean counterpart to stay afloat.

Rift will be a good niche game that will capture an audience without a doubt, but no more than 1 million and that won't all come from WoW. I bet some from Aion will come to Rift as well. People wanted Aion to be good, but it just wasn't. Just took some people longer than others.

I can see that Rift is not as good as people are hyping it to be because I've been in beta. Some people are blinded by the shiny new graphics and long talents, but we're already seeing where people are eliminating whole souls because they are pointless.

Asheron's Call has a completely freeform and open skill system that allowed you to make virtually any combination of skills and yet it always distilled down to a handful of 3-4 "best" specs that everyone moved too if they could. Same will be true of Rift.

Rift will succeed, but it won't kill WoW. There isn't any such thing as killing WoW because people in WoW are too attached to their characters to let hundreds of DAYS of work go wasted. They'll play both games and end up coming back to WoW when the other game gets boring. That's why WoW maintains its numbers. WoW is a slut and is happy to see people fool around with other games, but it knows you'll always be back.

In before people go "Look what Aion did to WoW Sales in 2009!"

If you look at the WoW Breakdown on MMOdata.net, you'll see it's because China shut off WoW in the country (numerous news articles), which caused the extremely low subscription numbers. Not because "Aion did it".

(Still a new poster, apparently can't quote URL's...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    I no think what the poster was trying to say is that Aion was a unique concept with 0 end game. They also did 0 to stop RMT in the beginning with destroyed the economy. Where these NCSoft's fault? Yes, but its also because the end game was non-existent. The battles in the abyss were lagged all to hell and basically were not skill based. It may have improved now, but Aion is relying on their Korean counterpart to stay afloat.

Rift will be a good niche game that will capture an audience without a doubt, but no more than 1 million and that won't all come from WoW. I bet some from Aion will come to Rift as well. People wanted Aion to be good, but it just wasn't. Just took some people longer than others.

I can see that Rift is not as good as people are hyping it to be because I've been in beta. Some people are blinded by the shiny new graphics and long talents, but we're already seeing where people are eliminating whole souls because they are pointless.

Asheron's Call has a completely freeform and open skill system that allowed you to make virtually any combination of skills and yet it always distilled down to a handful of 3-4 "best" specs that everyone moved too if they could. Same will be true of Rift.

Rift will succeed, but it won't kill WoW. There isn't any such thing as killing WoW because people in WoW are too attached to their characters to let hundreds of DAYS of work go wasted. They'll play both games and end up coming back to WoW when the other game gets boring. That's why WoW maintains its numbers. WoW is a slut and is happy to see people fool around with other games, but it knows you'll always be back.
    And this is exactly where you proove you have not done your homework. Aion didnt indeed have any endgame which resultet in lost subs. Trions creators have stated that they are focused on endgame more then anything else.
    Thats the difference, and thats what all the haters refuse to see.
    I didnt like Rift for the "we are not in azeroth anymore" line which was downright stupid marketing. Nevertheless I got a beta invite and what do you know when I gave the game a fair chance it was a huge improvement to the other games out there.
    But its not for all players, and Its definately not for those who want solofocused MMO's.

And this is exactly where you proove you have not done your homework. Aion didnt indeed have any endgame which resultet in lost subs. Trions creators have stated that they are focused on endgame more then anything else.
    I didnt like Rift for the "we are not in azeroth anymore" line which was downright stupid marketing. Nevertheless I got a beta invite and what do you know when I gave the game a fair chance it was a huge improvement to the other games out there.
    But its not for all players, and Its definately not for those who want solofocused MMO's.
    Aion had just tons of issues. You know people biggest issue with Trion right now honestly?
    1. Animations..they do not seem to flow
    2. Character customization..almost all this qq is from no boob sliders
    3. Fluff..more vanity pets..player housing

Aions issues on launch!
    1-100 EVERYTHING from leveling..gear...enchanting...professions..RMT/BOTS..no local development

Trion has already started ip banning people from the game for hacking and refunding their
    purchases. Unless Blizzard can push out some miracle patch they are in trouble. SWToR and GW2
    are around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Unless Blizzard can push out some miracle patch they are in trouble. SWToR and GW2 are around the corner.
    Dont forget the patch that comes after that to fix all the bugs that miracle patch caused

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Rift will pull an aion
    Meaning what?

I started playing Aion in December, so have only played after patch 2.1 went live. There seems to be a fair amount of end-game content... actually too much to some people's way of thinking.

I am curious to see how Rift avoids the pitfall that Aion is in, now... where there is competing recruitment in LFG channel for people to run instances and to defend/attack forts.

This is making the Aion PvP'ers on my server angry at the PvE'ers... because the PvE'ers aren't stopping what they are doing to help the faction keep/capture forts.

Like I said, I am interested in seeing how Rift handles the rivalry between players who want as many people as possible to close a rift - to increase the loot-quality - versus those who would rather run dungeons & raids.

In WoW, not winning Wintergrasp or Tol Barad doesn't have much effect on a faction.

In Aion, not being able to take/keep forts can put a serious damper on the ability of a faction's members to progress.

I wonder which side of the issue Rift will wind-up on.

and for anyone who hasn't played Aion in awhile, I see comments in chat that professions are still broken, that fort battles are slide-shows, and that "care bears" should go play a different game.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Deleted
    Rift realy is not Aion. Aion is very bad and the hype was .. well hype. Rift is actualy good the hype is completely true and with cata being boring as hell i think a lot of people will be moving and staying.