Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Hyperbole is fun!
    Not really i farmed in total like 5 hours the past week and got ~2000 whips got bored and stopped atm i have around 300 in my bags the rest were milled.
    There are many that farmed over till they fell asleep on their keyboards i don't even want to know how many whips they got.

Good, now there won't be so many people farming in Uldum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    Good, now there won't be so many people farming in Uldum.
    You are right, just the bots will remain.

I'm always amazed at how people find the time to RP. I guess you really need to be committed to that.

---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsocks View Post
    You are right, just the bots will remain.
    Those bots make life easier for many.

All hail the bots!! HERE HERE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    There is something oh so special about swooping down in front of an alliance herber who's just cleared 3 or 4 mobs to get to his herb and stealing it from under his nose. With the track humanoid food buff you can sometimes see them sit there for a good 10 seconds wondering wtf just happened.
    This is more do to phasing than an oblivious person. The herb will keep sparkling and appear like it's still able to be herbed for a good 10 seconds when suddenly it disappears and you see a druid 30 yards away appear. Especially in the southern swamp where the zone changes in about 7 different places, it phases constantly.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Not really i farmed in total like 5 hours the past week and got ~2000 whips got bored and stopped atm i have around 300 in my bags the rest were milled.
    There are many that farmed over till they fell asleep on their keyboards i don't even want to know how many whips they got.
    What % of an entire realm fall into ALL of these categories:

a) have herbalism
    b) are greater than level 75 (for illustrious profession level)
    c) has herbalism >500 (required to gather whiptail)
    d) has a flying mount (unrealistic to think they could even compete without one)
    e) knew about the issue (not everyone reads forums)
    f) had the motivation to spend large amounts of time farming

I see you even removed yourself from the hypothetical group of players you mentioned as you only have ~2500.

I think you need to learn the definition of hyperbole

---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    This is more do to phasing than an oblivious person. The herb will keep sparkling and appear like it's still able to be herbed for a good 10 seconds when suddenly it disappears and you see a druid 30 yards away appear. Especially in the southern swamp where the zone changes in about 7 different places, it phases constantly.
    Oh I'm not saying they were oblivious, they were actively clearing the mobs in order to cast gathering on the node. I just happen to be able to herb far quicker than them and without dismounting. I'm also completely certain that some people spent that aforementioned 10 seconds going through their combat log to find who to /w in order to hurl abuse

Now I can stop hating Taruen druids. Well...some of them weren't total douchebags, just a couple.

It is always kinda nice to see who will act like douchebags when giving the chance. I have Druid, I could have followed the non druids around and snagged the flowers they were about to pick, has they landed\dismounted. But even with a casual don't care approach, it was pretty easy to gather 500 whiptail an hour. Fighting over a couple of flowers picks here and there is just petty.

But I understand it, Griefing is what all the cool kids are doing to be cool.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2011-02-15 at 02:54 PM.

Was i the only one thinking there was some big marijuana festival that I missed?...

It was prob some dude on the forums who had a guild bank and a few alts full of whiptail and wants a vial but won't sell cheap

Fuck him not all of us got 600 stacks

/emo
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    As a Druid, you may experience temporary loss of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I farm at godawful hours, I usually have the place to myself. I still generally get 200-300 in an hour of lazy farming. However, I'm watching the market hoping for the inevitable crash when too many people sell it at once. We'll see how lucky I get in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    standing in 1 spot with aprox 4 nodes on the map and still getting more whiptail that i previously got in an hour. gonna miss that
    does make you wonder what these "do-gooders" want to achieve by pointing things like that out. from what i saw of the OP of the bluepost, he was basically complaining bots took her herbs and his market was crap. GJ ruining it for the rest of us. yea i know it would have been nirfed eventually, but we might have got a few more days out of it at least.
    People reporting this arent/wernt ruining it for anyone..... especially the farmers/sellers of herbs.......

With them spawning that fast the market would have soon been flooded and prices would have fallen dramatically. Is that really what you want?

Now they are spawning properly again - the prices will stay stabalised on the AH which is good for sellers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Now I can stop hating Taruen druids. Well...some of them weren't total douchebags, just a couple.

It is always kinda nice to see who will act like douchebags when giving the chance. I have Druid, I could have followed the non druids around and snagged the flowers they were about to pick, has they landed\dismounted. But even with a casual don't care approach, it was pretty easy to gather 500 whiptail an hour. Fighting over a couple of flowers picks here and there is just petty.

But I understand it, Griefing is what all the cool kids are doing to be cool.
    I guess you're one of those people that think players who undercut your auctions by 1c is a douchebag too right? Thanks for the laugh!

Anyone has any info what the next "fest" will be? And when?

my server is just full of dumbasses, undercutting each other by like 50s-1g each. until yesterday, while the bug was up, i was selling whiptail at like 7-7.5g each. now that the bug is over and "no more free whiptail" ah is infested by plants at like 3g each, less than a half.

i expected a drop of the prices, like it should have been, but during the bug, not after :P i suppose i'll just stack my plants in the bank for better days^^ (selling volatiles as for now is quite retributive)

i got myself a nice chunk of it, just cant decide if i want to turn em into flasks, or turn em into cards.
    Scrapbot Was Here.
    I was asked a simple question in school today; 3 men walk into a bar, 1 orders a Margarita, 1 orders a Screwdriver, and the third orders the largest glass of Guinness he could get. Which on is gay?
    My answer: The one who bought the Guinness because he gave it to me.
    my teacher looked at my answer and laughed. i got bonus points because of it.

Herbfest continues in deepholm...

honestly the whiptail spawn rate was the way all gathering nodes should be.

when you're making the decision to take an hour out of your game time (which is supposed to be "fun time") to fly around and click on pixels you should not have to spend half that time finding a spawn,
    you should constantly be just flying from node to node and picking, with no downtime.

when half the time spent farming is just wasted on searching for a live node it feels very unrewarding for casual farmers and discourages them completely,
    it caters to bots and hardcore farmers, which contradicts the developers approach to other aspects of the game.

the initial "panic rush" to farm the zone would have died out, half the people rushing to uldum were casual farmers that normally wouldn't have been farming that much but realized that now in uldum putting some time into farming actually paid off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Druids "stealing" nodes would happen if this was to still exist and if it didn't. It will just happen that much more once the fix goes through simply because there will be less than before. The ones who let people have the one they were going for/fighting for will simply just snipe it as quickly as they can.
    Well, at least this Herbfest made a bug feature itself more prominently.

When a player channels their gathering cast on a herb, a tauren druid can still 'steal' the herb from them as their cast finishes faster. No kidding. They don't get a 'this is already being used' message when your own cast is halfway done already. For as long as the cast finishes before yours, it will be theirs. Quite frustrating

Good thing my bank is full of whiptail now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Well, at least this Herbfest made a bug feature itself more prominently.

When a player channels their gathering cast on a herb, a tauren druid can still 'steal' the herb from them as their cast finishes faster. No kidding. They don't get a 'this is already being used' message when your own cast is halfway done already. For as long as the cast finishes before yours, it will be theirs. Quite frustrating
    You just jelly of our herb sniping skills.

Yeah, I can see how that'd be annoying, and a couple people got mad at me about it. For me, though, the herb tends to load before the other player, so I don't always notice someone else at the node until I've snatched it. At least the other Hordies didn't have to deal with me Psychic Screaming them into mobs. Sometimes I'd take a break just to terrorize the few Allies in the area.