Trading Valor points for Justice points

I feel like this would be a pretty decent idea, it's much like the trading down of badges in wrath and it lets people who have pretty much everything they need from Valor points buy the things they want to buy for leveling alts or just random fun.

I thought of this about 10 minutes ago and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has thought it of but it seems pretty solid and it could be extremely beneficial for the people who're getting bored with their level 85 that sits in a major city when they're not raiding.

They probably will later on down the line, but for now the best thing to do with your unused valor points is to buy the BOE boots. They still go for around 12-14k on my server, at least.

I also want this but i heard it won't be happening

it will be in patch 4.1
    All valor you have before 4.1 will become justice points aswell as the current Valor shop will become justice, just like they did in wrath so people who take a break or just start the game wont use months of gearing up in outdated raids.

I'd really like for it to happen, I'm losing a lot of interest in the game... I have a lot of BoA gear I need to buy... again! It wouldn't only help me do that, it'd help me gear out another spec I'd like to try or just open up a lot of new possibilities.

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 10:14 PM ----------

Well they'll have entire new sets of stuff to buy so they'll be worth something then. I'm not talking about another content patch converting them all to lower points I'm talking about being able to trade in X amount of points for an equal amount of Justice points.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    All valor you have before 4.1 will become justice points..
    Can anyone give me a source for this assumption? If this is the case there's no reason for me to keep hoarding my Valor Points at least

I can't give you the source but I'm 99% positive I've seen it blue posted somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    Can anyone give me a source for this assumption? If this is the case there's no reason for me to keep hoarding my Valor Points at least
    That is exactly how the system will work. When 4.1 comes out, all Valor points will be changed into Justice points and the items you can currently buy with Valor points will be purchasable with Justice. When the new tier of raiding starts, everyone will have 0 Valor points and will be able to purchase iLvl 372 stuff with valor points, and 359 stuff with justice points.

There are a few questions still unanswered, but the part I just mentioned is fact.

..... just for fun.. here are my questions, which as far as I know are unanswered.

1. It´s pretty safe to assume that you will keep your JPs that you have and that VPs will simply be added to them... but will we be able to go temporarily over the 4000 cap ( ie. you have 3000 JP and 1500 VP when the tier changes) More than likely there will be a soft cap where you will have 4500 JP, but will be unable to earn more until you spend down below 4000.

2. What will happen to the JP cost of current JP gear (346)? Because the cap is 4000 on JP, it is hard to imagine the ´new´JP gear (359) will cost more JP than the current 346 gear does. Will they reduce the cost of the 346 gear?

In any event..back to the original comment from the quote. There is absolutely no reason to ´save´ valor points. The gear you can buy with them now is the same gear you will be buying with them after they become JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    Why would they give you free t12 for killing a t11 boss?

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyChan View Post
    Why would they give you free t12 for killing a t11 boss?
    In a year, they are going to be giving us t13 for killing 5 man heroic bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id say this system is better it gives free epics but doesnt let the lazy people get current gear casuals and new players can catch up to the current tier and eltist will shut the fuck up about people having there shiny purples =.=

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]