Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmx View Post
    zuldrak raid, got some info bout that?
    All i heard was it was going to be a new troll raid, but it never happened when wotlk realsed, but if u want to see the instance its just north of gundrak, big ass temple.
    Dont know much lore about it though.

What are you all so excited about? That mount is f u g l y.
    ... and I'm a mount collecter, so that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Termy View Post
    If the Amani War Bear becomes available again I might just have to rage hard on the forums.
    I hate this attitude. You have it, and can be proud of it. But other people, that started with wotlk/cata, had a break in BC deserve the bear as much as you do.

Maybe they'll give us a recolored version, like the amani bears in ZA, that look slightly different then the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

WHO CARES ABOUT ZUL AMAN?
    I want my little Samin'aka raptor baby Bring justice to Zul Gurub!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I know lots of people are sick of them already but i think we've got another big troll themed content patch on the way, using zul'gurub, zu;'aman and probably making use of the gun'drak unused raid stuff too.
    I imagine that all the changes brought on by the cataclysm has caused a change in troll culture maybe? who knows. Maybe we'll see deathwing vying for some combination of the loa avatars of the troll raids and his twilight dragons and probably have something to do with how a dragonsworm is made from a mortal.

Harsh language incoming:

Stay the fuck away from the War Bear. And wow... Another revamped instance. We've seen how well that goes, right?
    They can revamp if they like, but if they bring back the Amani War Bear I'm gonna be so amazingly, deeply disappointed.
    There are few items in game that still gives you the feeling of having accomplished something unique. Don't take that away from us. The game is the same as it has been for years. The raid environments change now and then, but everything else is exactly the same, only poorer quests. The vanity items I fought so hard for keeps me going. I'd hate to see this mount reimplemented.

They should just make Zul'Aman a new huge outdoor zone like Zul'Gurub is now, there's no point running it anyway, unlike ZG...

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTarzan View Post
    Stay the %&?! away from the War Bear.
    blah......qq......blah.......nerdrage........blah
    I'd hate to see this mount reimplemented.
    Black War Bear says Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    It may return, and if it does, whatever, but i won't show the same level of respect for those who farmed it after TBC. I might congratulate them, but that's as far as it'll go. If it's recoloured or a different mount, the way to distinguish them is there, and that's enough for me.
    this
    everyone knows if it comes back it will very likely be renamed, recolored and/or slightly reskinned.
    change all the red on it to blue or green or whatever.
    all the pros keep their old ZA red bear and ach, all the new kiddies get their shiny new troll themed bear, (most) everybody is happy

i do however, wanna see them bring back the ZG Tiger and Raptop at the same time, with the same restrictions applied
    rename it, recolor it, reskin it, whatever, just bring them back so ppl have something to do/aim for

laps of H Seth Halls etc... is getting v monotonous, need more options to mix it up
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-02-15 at 11:31 AM.

Let me get this straight people who have supposedly had the Amani War Bear for what, 4 years are now crying because it could possibly be reintroduced in a year or so?

5 Years of being a unique snowflake, isn't that enough? if you're "pro" like you try to act go get the Dragonslayer title or whatever.

ITT butthurt QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    While our guild did have chances to get the Amani War Bear, I missed out several times myself, I see loads of people with the bear and I wish to myself that I could get it again.

ALTHOUGH... if the bear was brought back I dont think i'd feel as special getting it this time than let say the way it was given in Zul'Aman in TBC before it was removed.

I wouldnt want it back tbh, I feel I had my chance and for those that never did I feel that just giving us a different mount would be better, so those that do have the Amani Bear can still feel as great as they have always. Maybe a colour variation or a complete new mount to celebrate TBC 5th birthday would be cool

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, the warbear is one of the only ways of telling a more Veteran player from someone who regularly FotM's. Since there's so many titles out there (and barely any still using CotN or Hand of A'dal), you won't be able to tell by this. Likewise, i believe that every expansion should have something that's unique, but only available for that expansion. For Wrath, it could have been Invincible or Mimi's Head. For Vanilla, it had some of the old vanilla mounts (which i've never seen anyone with to date), or something else more prestigious. It did have the PVP titles, but now those are back and it's not just not possible to distinguise Vanilla players from non-vanilla players at a glance.

The thing about the OP in the thread of that blue post, is that they actually tried to compare Zul'aman with LK Heroic 25 or Yogg+0 25. Zul'aman timed run is soloable. I know because i've done this myself shortly after hitting 85. It wasn't the easiest task, but that was down to it being years since i'd been there. LK Heroic will never be soloable, it's limited by mechanics (in the same way that Kalecgos is). Likewise, it's very unlikely Yoggy+0 will be solod. I don't recall what happens if no one is outside, but i imagine the fight resets.

I respect people who have the original PvP titles. I never got to do that grind, but i can respect the time and effort it took. Likewise, i respect people with the Battlemaster title, since i know how much it takes to get that, or those who got Conqueror after Vanilla (when grinding it out with tokens got changed/removed) - or those with both post-vanilla Conqueror AND Battlemaster. I've a certain level of respect for people who earned their prestige when it was current.

I won't claim the ZA Timed run was difficult originally, but i will claim that if you were too lazy to go for it when you were perfectly capable, or you simply weren't playing, you have no right to access this mount. I also believe that if you weren't good enough to get Yoggy+0 or LK 25 Heroic runs in during Wrath, you should have no chance at the mount (i have neither of these). I'll even go as far as saying you shouldn't be able to have a ZG tiger or Raptor if you didn't play in Vanilla. I have the tiger, and while i like the mount, i'll always know i never truly earned it when it was current, so it's somewhat less valuable than it is for someone who did. Ashes of A'lar has always been a small drop rate. I'd like to say this should be removed at 3.0 as well.

The only "rare" mounts or titles that should remain are those that scale with the level cap. The Black War Bear from killing all the Horde/Alliance Leaders is one example, since the leaders scale with the level cap. All the others should be unobtainable and a Feat of Strength.

People may disagree, and that's fine, but it just feels so artificial when you get people farming outdated content and acting like they were one of the originals who got it.

The only reason the ZA bear was removed was because it was guaranteed to drop if you did the timed run. If it was a low drop rate, it'd still be here.

It may return, and if it does, whatever, but i won't show the same level of respect for those who farmed it after TBC. I might congratulate them, but that's as far as it'll go. If it's recoloured or a different mount, the way to distinguish them is there, and that's enough for me.
    He speaks the truth, agree 100% i still once a month log onto my shaman just flash CotN, and conqourer title
    Thruth be told i just dont like the way shamans are now :/ but i'll enjoy my dk till the end

I switched mains after WotLK to my current pally from my Warrior and this is one of the mounts I love but can never get on the Pally. If they brought it back I would be so happy. Hopefully it comes back as a Archeology reward or maybe as a meta-achieve for some troll instance. Either way, love it, want it, please bring it back!

I wouldn't complain at all if, for the 5 year anniversary of BC, they made an 85 version of ZA with all the same loot, only buffed to to ilevel 359 or more. My favorite instance. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    im all for them bringing back mounts they removed as long as the difficulty to get them is also increased i would hate such a cool looking mount to be farmable.
    It was easily farmable during BC and nobody cried about it back then, it was only difficult for people who were still running t5 content :3

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if the mounts ever make a comeback. I mean, almost all of the wotlk mounts can still be farmed, some just require patience and knowledge on encounters (Glory to the Icecrown Raider comes to mind).

The only mounts that were removed from wotlk were the 2 from the Glory of the Raider achievements, and iirc the reason for this was to prevent people gearing up from the later tiers and trivialising the content to farm mounts (Just like in ZA.. Hmmm). A decision which did not cary over with the release of ICC and Cata.

Blizzard's stance towards farming old content for mounts (and titles) has changed alot since Ulduar was released, in some cases they seem to encourage it. They may not be in their original form but we may see them revived somehow, much like how people can earn the pre-bc pvp titles that were removed with the BC patch

Wow so much emotion invested in a bunch of pixels in a game to display your self worth. It really is kind of sad

Franky I don't care either way, as I switch toons for raid comp every expac or during the xpac, so I gave up caring about this a long time ago. I just like to kill raid bosses, everything else is just there. I have rare mounts on 4 different toons because that was the toon I was playing at the time

Deleted
    To be honest, I would hate to see this mount enter the game once again.

BUT

I was one of the persons who farmed that bloody fucking mount almost from day one.
    Every single week, I passed or lost the roll and "all of the sudden", it disappeared.

I'm not gonna want it now, as if it reenters the game, it will be the FotM mount, and everyone and their mom will most likely get it
    unless they reenter it with some hard achievement or instance so that it will keep its prestige which would be amazing.

Tldr;
    I'm not for the mount reentering the game, but I do understand the argument of some people here.
    Worked their butts off without any luck, that has to suck.

On my server it wasn't some feat of amazing skill (except for a very small percentage) that got you the Armani War Bear during the end of it's availability. You got it because you were in a guild that out geared ZA and could just go in and plow through it or you had plenty of money to buy a spot in a run with said guild. I almost completed the timed run before the group I was with out geared the place and we also killed Zul'jin for the first time before we out geared it.

With that said, I paid for my first LK kill (I don't think I'd ever pay for one again). Mainly because I wanted to see the fight and after a long break during WotLK I wasn't sure if I'd be back in a guild to finish the content before Cata launched. It felt kind of dirty. When somebody has the mount from ZA there is no way to tell how much "effort" they actually had to put into it. When you decide to place some specialness to a title or unique item it may be empty and hollow.

For those who worked hard for the mount, grats to you. I also don't think they should bring it back as the same exact mount and I doubt very much that they will. Recolors seem to be a large part of the mounts now, so I can see that happening.

Unfortunately, the warbear is one of the only ways of telling a more Veteran player from someone who regularly FotM's. Since there's so many titles out there (and barely any still using CotN or Hand of A'dal), you won't be able to tell by this. Likewise, i believe that every expansion should have something that's unique, but only available for that expansion. For Wrath, it could have been Invincible or Mimi's Head. For Vanilla, it had some of the old vanilla mounts (which i've never seen anyone with to date), or something else more prestigious. It did have the PVP titles, but now those are back and it's not just not possible to distinguise Vanilla players from non-vanilla players at a glance.
    There are some things from WotLK that are unobtaineble now. Like "The Immortal" "The Undying" and "Herald of Titans".

The best thing I think the Zul'Aman mount could be compared with is OS+3. This mount is also still obtaineble. That actually makes no sense at all, though OS+3 was a big faceroll where ZA wasn't as much as OS+3.

I missed out on my ZA mount and I never won a roll for OS+3 mounts. Nevertheless getting them now would just be for mount and achievement collectors. If the ZA mount would be reimplemented all it's epicness and glory would be removed. New content should reward new mounts and titles.

I personally reckon that things like "Light of Dawn" and the mounts from ICC should have been removed with the introduction of Cataclysm, or 4.0 even.

Anyway, all in all, very bad idea to reimplement old mounts tbh. Even if it would be for something like the celebration of TBC. Better something different should be made for that.

I hope they do bring the mount back just to make the epeen of this thread wilt.

You guys are all complaining about this mount "MIGHT" be available again in the future.

BUT, everyone and their mothers wanted to have the old school titles available again.

Well i HAD a school PVP title on my char. Does it mean something now? Hell no, everyone can get it. If everyone has now a chance to get the same i got previously, then i WANT that mount and any other mount that was available in the past.

I want my damn black proto-drake.

That is all.