Thread: Tear VS Mandala

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Tear VS Mandala

Wondering if anyone has tested Mandala up since patch and its up time. Is it worth switching out tear of blood for? For Disc or Holy? Both perhaps?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tear of Blood is an amazing trinket. I much prefer a throughput trinket that procs regen over a regen trinket that procs throughput. Proccing throughput is situational. I'd stick with Tear until you get get DMC: Tsunami or Tyrande's Doll.

Deleted
    Hijacking the thread for a similar question, you say "Stick with tear until you get Tsunami or Tyrande's, which trinket are you pairing tear with? (hit 85 on my priest 1½ day ago and going tear(hc)+Tsunami)

1 and a half days and you already have heroic tear and tsunami? damn man.

anyway I'd go with tear and tyrande's just because I think it's easier to get than Tsunami. but if you have both tsunami and Tyrande's I'd prolly put both of them in over tear:/

that's a lot of extra int plus both trinkets have a lot of regen on them. Tear is more of a 'before you get your purps' trinket.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already have Tsunami trinket in. My 2nd trinket slot is what I'm pondering over. Those two being the only two trinkets at hand besides my DMC. The int proc is better for disc I though for mana regen with rupture and torrent used with it, maybe even SF if I can time it right.

Quote Originally Posted by lynguistic View Post
    Already have Tsunami trinket in. My 2nd trinket slot is what I'm pondering over. Those two being the only two trinkets at hand besides my DMC. The int proc is better for disc I though for mana regen with rupture and torrent used with it, maybe even SF if I can time it right.
    Correct. Assuming you can use any sort of regen mechanic during its proc, then it's ahead of Tear of Blood. Not to mention, you can reforge the Mandala, unlike the Tear.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

RNG stays RNG, but more mana regen is always welcome and will (almost) never be wasted in good hands, whereas sp (or int for that matters) may not always proc when needed and thus will usually end up unused to its full potential.

it'd be another story though if the proc could be manually activated, that would obviously make it one of the best trinkets available for this tier.

in the end, even if MoSP is better now that it was pre-4.0.6, i'd stick to heroic ToB.

Deleted
    From a pure regen perspective Mandala is better, but you need luck and attention to use it. If you cant pay attention to the proc and aren't min/maxing, use Tear.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm thanks for the advice everyone. After thinking about it I'm probably going to stay with tear. Might try out Mandala for a fight next raid and see what it does for me and if I'm quick enough on its procs for it to be useful.

Deleted
    what do you guys mean with using the procs good? What kind of spells would bennefit most from the higher int?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracks View Post
    what do you guys mean with using the procs good? What kind of spells would bennefit most from the higher int?
    Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend. The mana return on those spells are a percent of your current mana, so when you fiend during the mandala proc for example you get the 3% of your 120k (or more if hymn was activated) instead of 80k which is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by decibell View Post
    Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend. The mana return on those spells are a percent of your current mana, so when you fiend during the mandala proc for example you get the 3% of your 120k (or more if hymn was activated) instead of 80k which is huge.
    Arcane Torrent works as well, although obviously only important if you are a Blood Elf.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.