Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammagia View Post
    Wow mentality ftw
    Implying that only happens on WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post
    Implying that only happens on WoW.
    No I am saying that each calling will have a different spec that excels in different scenarios and against different foes, It is purely WoW players that think one spec is an acceptable way to play and should be able to counter anything another class throws at them.

Make builds and find the better way to play, in this game, will be a huge time consuming...
    I dont know if I will try this one, I have played this for all the betas, and still cant decide.
    The game is nice, the look is ok (I have played with full resolution all the time, but I cant take why ppl think the look is awensome), and all the interface is friendly...but still...to find out a nice build you will pretty much explode your brain...

No I am saying that each calling will have a different spec that excels in different scenarios and against different foes.
    How is that any different from WoW? In WoW we're given plenty of options to choose from regarding spec. The problem is, in ANY game, there will always be maxing. Someone will figure out that for any given raid content that X spec for Y class has the highest potential. If anything, it would surprise me if Rift starts off with a lot fewer options. These sort of "max scenarios" are really difficult to balance until the game is live and people are doing that content.

I don't know if they will allow gearscore, damage meters in game. The main objective of the game is to have fun! I know they hinted at a dungeon finder as for a dps spec that blasts all the other one aways. I say just go with the spec that you like most, that you enjoy playing. Don't worry about damage meters, no one can see how much damage anyone is doing anyways.

As for myself I will be doing a Necromancer, as I was in everquest1 with a bit of a warlock side. Because I enjoy having my pet beside me doing my bidding and soul draining the people from ranged. The only thing with Necromancer is that your pet is your dps, if he dies. Your kinda screwed, says that is so many words in the bio. You provide the buffs and minor dps while hes attacking and of course he gets stronger as you level

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse View Post
    How is that any different from WoW? In WoW we're given plenty of options to choose from regarding spec. The problem is, in ANY game, there will always be maxing. Someone will figure out that for any given raid content that X spec for Y class has the highest potential. If anything, it would surprise me if Rift starts off with a lot fewer options. These sort of "max scenarios" are really difficult to balance until the game is live and people are doing that content.
    Really? how does a priest go melee and how does a rogue go spell damage ranged in wow?

Really? how does a priest go melee and how does a rogue go spell damage ranged in wow?
    Inner Fire before they removed the attack power bonus? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Inner Fire before they removed the attack power bonus? :P
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

I know, I was being sarcastic. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    I'm not trying to be negative but you know there's gonna be that spec that outclasses everything else for a certain role right?
    No, thats World of Warcraft.

This is the Rift thread on these forums: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nd-screenshots

If you want to make as many threads as you want, I suggest either joining the open beta that starts today and using trion's beta forums, or heading to riftjunkies.com

In the meantime, MMO has made it clear they don't want these sub-forums flooded with Rift threads (and I don't blame them), no matter how excited some of us may be about it :-P

Please use one of the official Rift threads.