Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy Mastery or haste resto druid

Hi there been looking at people going on about mastery as its the best thing .I am doing 10mans 12/12 all done and 2/12 hc i dont know weather i am missing something here but am i to reforge to mastery now inseid of haste i have 1566 haste and 9.15 mastery . And prob the top healer most fights ( DONT CARE ABOUT MEATERS AS LONG AS WE DOWN THE BOSS) so if some one can clear this matter up for me that would be great

Deleted
    Haste.

Go check the math on Elitist Jerks if you want, but it's that easy.

Intellect > Haste > Crit/mastery

only gear spirit if you have bad mana problems (which shouldn't be the case with enough int).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Intellect > Haste > Crit/mastery
    More like Intellect > Haste > Mastery > Crit

I believe you go for some mastery if you're a tank healer, but I'm not 100% on that. But int and haste should be first choices for whatever healing you're doing.

With 4.0.6 ive been going Intellect > Haste to the next breakpoint > Mastery > Haste > Crit

first off, are you healing 10m or 25m?

either way its...

Int > haste soft cap > mastery > haste hard cap > crit

mastery is better for tank healing, but if you are raid healing in 25m, then haste isn't as important if you are already at the rejuv cap OR if you can hit the 2004 cap for WG, then go for that

haste can be a gimme based on your gear, if you cant hit a certain cap to get the extra ticks, then the haste in between isn't kind of "wasted" in a sense

Quite a few incorrect posts here... Haste is only better then mastery IF you get another breakpoint, otherwise mastery is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if the next breakpoint is another LB tick, then mastery will probably give you more in the long run. 916 is a good place to stop with haste, after that about 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is the BEST throughput stat outside of RJ. What does this mean?

This means the more you RJ, aka raid heal, the less haste is useful. You balance around your break points and you don't really want much between them. If you do a lot of direct healing, haste is your best throughput stat. Master is good, even crit is good, but not as good as haste.

Now, if you are tank healing you want to hit the LB break points as high as you can, after you do, you still want haste but you want a healthy amount of mastery too.
    In 10s, you want to hit your cap(focus on Rj/Wg caps) and probably focus more on mastery then more haste. You may direct heal a bit, but the majority of your healing comes from Rj, wg efflor.
    For 25s, it's even more so now, mastery>haste between break points for raid healing. Once again, focus on WG/Rj breakpoints then consider reforging out of haste.

ou don't want to starve crit, just reforge extra spi/haste between caps.

Would appreciate the exact number of haste breakpoints rather than percentage if any1 can share that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Haste is the BEST throughput stat outside of RJ. What does this mean?

This means the more you RJ, aka raid heal, the less haste is useful. You balance around your break points and you don't really want much between them. If you do a lot of direct healing, haste is your best throughput stat. Master is good, even crit is good, but not as good as haste.

Now, if you are tank healing you want to hit the LB break points as high as you can, after you do, you still want haste but you want a healthy amount of mastery too.
    In 10s, you want to hit your cap(focus on Rj/Wg caps) and probably focus more on mastery then more haste. You may direct heal a bit, but the majority of your healing comes from Rj, wg efflor.
    For 25s, it's even more so now, mastery>haste between break points for raid healing. Once again, focus on WG/Rj breakpoints then consider reforging out of haste.

ou don't want to starve crit, just reforge extra spi/haste between caps.
    Ill have too bookmark this for some testing later on and a question, what is the soft cap for haste? I'd like to try a little mastery stacking if I can spare some haste.
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmele View Post
    Would appreciate the exact number of haste breakpoints rather than percentage if any1 can share that.
    It's in the resto sticky: here.

Deleted
    Personally i am sticking with haste.

Not because of raw output but because it makes my HoTs tick faster and my HT/Regrowth cast faster. I tend to put my HoTs/heals on people that need to be healed, and so the faster they are healed the better.

Ok crit/mastery (outside a haste pivot point) will mean that your HoTs heal for more over their duration and will probably help the raid more, i am sticking with haste just for the emergency factor of landing a heal fast when i need it.

Deleted
    Whats the ideal numbers I should be heading for regarding intellect / spirit?
    I have some gear reforged from mastery to spirit. My mana seems ok at the moment, so would you recommend putting the spirit back to mastery then..
    All of my gems are intellect as far as i can remember unless required for a decent socket bonus and meta gem.

Quote Originally Posted by kiltofake View Post
    Whats the ideal numbers I should be heading for regarding intellect / spirit?
    I have some gear reforged from mastery to spirit. My mana seems ok at the moment, so would you recommend putting the spirit back to mastery then..
    All of my gems are intellect as far as i can remember unless required for a decent socket bonus and meta gem.
    more int is better. there is no "number to shoot for" on that one, get a lot of it and then get even more after that.

Spirit is subjective and up to you. if you are finishing fights with mana to spare then start reforging your spirit away into secondary stats. but there is no way to give a target number.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmele View Post
    1% haste = 128.05.

http://typehforheals.com/2010/09/23/...otbreakpoints/

This chart breaks down the percentages. Multiply that percentage * 128.05 = haste. This does not account for any haste buffs.

Simple calc really.

(((X-.5)/Y))-1)*100=% of haste where 1%=128.05 haste rating

X=desired ticks to achieve, Y=base number of ticks for the duration. For example lifebloom = 10 ticks over 10 secs. Desired # of ticks = 12. 12-.5=11.5, 11.5/10 = 1.15, 1.15-1=.15, .15*100=15%, 15*128.05=491.885 round off to 1920.75 haste rating round off to 1921.

If you include 5% raid buff haste then, (((1.15/1.05)-1)*100)*128.05 = 1219.52 haste round off to 1220.

If you include 5% raid buff haste plus 3% (from dark intent : warlock) then, (((1.15/(1.05*1.03))-1)*100)*128.05 = 811.04 haste rating round off to 812.

This is just so that you understand where the numbers come from.

LB, 11 ticks = 641 (5% = 129), 12 ticks = 1921 (5% = 1220), 13 ticks = 3202 (5% = 2440)

WG, 8 ticks = 915 (5% = 262), 9 ticks = 2744 (5% = 2004)

REJ, 5 ticks = 1601 (5% = 915), 6 ticks =4802 (5% = 3964)

REG, 4 ticks = 2135 (5% = 1423)

Enjoy........

I appreciate it ppl

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Quite a few incorrect posts here... Haste is only better then mastery IF you get another breakpoint, otherwise mastery is better.
    Finally someone with common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Incorrect. According to EJ, Haste is still the best throughput stat DEPENDING on a few things. There is no black and white with druids and it's ignorant to act like there is.

The more you RJ, the less haste is worth it. So, in a 25 situation where you do little to no direct healing, mastery is better then haste between break points.

In 10s or fights where you do direct heal a bit more, haste > mastery. But, if you are direct healing a lot(tank healing, assigned healers, 10s) and running oom with a lot of your direct healing going to overheal, you can cut back on haste because you are probably burning through mana too quickly with it not going to effective healing because of your cast time.

I disagree. Last night I reforged everything so that mastery was a priority. I've been assigned to tank healing lately as we're using one resto druid for raid heals, and one for tank heals. I heal the main tank. ALL of my direct heals landed under 6% of my overall healing. Wild growth, Rejuv, and Lifebloom were the top 3, and accounted for at least 65% of my healing. All of my other heals, SM, Efflo, HT, Nourish, Regrowth made up the other 35%. The only fight in BWD I did any good on was Maloriak, and it was the AOE dmg that got me 2nd on the meters. All the rest of the fights I was last.