15+ Year Old Account

Mount Random Macro

Just wondering if its possible for a Mount Random Macro? Cannot decide for the life of me which mount I want to use and I always change between my Volcanic Stone Drake, Phosphorescent Stone Drake and soon my Dark Pheonix, is it possible to create a macro to mount a random flying mount out of a fixed list of mounts?

/castrandom Volcanic Stone Drake, Phosphorescent Stone Drake, Dark Pheonix

This works I think

Deleted
    I use an addon to accomplish this if you're willing to go down that route - "RandomCompanion" (it's on Curse's site)

Allows me to bind my random mount spawning to a key (choosing the best for the environment), and (as the title suggests) allows you to spawn random companions too!

Edit: the addon allows you to set weightings for your favourite mounts, so if you only want 3 mounts to spawn just set those three weights to '1' and the others to zero.

Yeah, RandomCompanion is pretty sweet...
    It allows you to assign weights to which mounts you like. So like if you bought all of those ugly Nether Rays for the mount achievement and can't stand them, you can disable them from the random rotation. It's really nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Last DJ View Post
    Nothing in WoW makes you special, except perhaps for the unique ability to form coherent sentences... So lighten up, sweetcheeks, and stop taking a collection of pixels so seriously. If you want accomplishments or uniqueness that merits more than a half-hearted shrug or confused blinking, go win an Olympic Gold.

Huh, I wasn't aware of /castrandom. Before my add-on I used /castsequence.

At any rate, I like Mountiful the best for my random pet/mount needs.

Deleted
    Actually it works with commas too, even without spaces. I made random macros for all my fav pets and mounts this way and they work fine -

/castrandom somemount,someothermount,anothermount

#showtooltips
    /userandom [flyable, nomounted] flymount1, flymount2, flymount3; [noflyable, nomounted] groundmount1, groundmount2
    /dismount [mounted]

/thread

I downloaded an addon called GupPet. It has a mount and a pet randomizer and you can uncheck from your list of mounts/companion pets any that you don't want to summon... It's pretty nice and has a movable button for each that you can place anywhere you want. It's possibly the best addon for this.

Add-on, available from Curse, called SmartMount saved me many woes for what I was trying to accomplish with a random mount macro... which looked at flying in the right zones, ground otherwise, then the underwater mount.... 255 characters for a macro just isn't enough sometimes, particularly for a toon with too many mounts to type into 255 characters to begin with.