Old Instance/Raid Soloing Spec & Gear?

I'm looking to start solo'ing old Instances & Raids and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on specs & gear.

I was thinking about Prot spec & Ret gear (stacking mastery) but honestly I have no idea what to do.

I have enough Heroic gear for both Ret & Prot specs.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction for this?

Character Links, Guide Links, Spec Links are all welcome!

Thanks!

I dont have any links, or gear, but my suggestion would be to just go into the instance and try it out.

All the level 60 raid content should be trivial, except maybe Cthun?

The level 70 stuff might put up a little challenge.

The level 80 raids probably arent soloable as a paladin, as most of the bosses have enrage timers.

Just go as protection spec, good damage, vengence will be a big help, and word of glory should keep you up no problem.

I would just wear the tank gear too, and slowly put on ret pieces as you see if you're getting smashed or not taking any damage.

Deleted
    With Propper strategy you can kill half the bosses in Naxx and a few in Ulduar ToTC and ICC. I mean if a 80 level rogue can kill 2 bosses in naxx and a DK can solo half of the ICC at 85 I'm pretty sure you can too.

---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 07:07 PM ----------

I know your a pally but you could maybe get the Onyxia health over time trinkets they might benefit you in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killed View Post
    I dont have any links, or gear, but my suggestion would be to just go into the instance and try it out.

All the level 60 raid content should be trivial, except maybe Cthun? (Razorgore the Untamed says hello, which in turn excludes the rest of BWL unless you get help to kill him first)
    And well.. 'cept for that most level 60 stuff is doable, some 70 stuff (mechanics can be a bit tricky here though), and a couple 80 bosses. I'd suggest going for a mix of tank/DPS gear, or you won't be able to kill some of the bosses with enrage timers ^^

No class without a pet can solo Twins emperors.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Hi there (yes i finally made my account to replay on this topic, sorry for bad english)

Well i have been soloing instance since half of WOTLK.

I use pro spec, but with the "new" Divine Storm, that now make damage to all your enemies (not only 4 like in WOTLK), it's a huge help.

In my experience heres the list:

MOLTEN CORE:

Lucifron: Easy, just tank and spank (kill the pack of core hounds first), after the fight you should clean the curse with Divine Shield

Magmadar: you can, clean the two packs infront of him, or tank him in the ramp of the bottom, that way the fear will make you up, the packs were a pain in level 80, sine they all have to die after 60 sec of the first one, if not they'll reignite with full health, now it's alot easy but care about it, no big science on the fight, use Res Aura.

Gehennas: Burn him, use res aura, he will put you a cure the reduce your healing in 75%, so burn him ASAP.

Garr: Devotion aura, kill him, each time you kill an add he will become stronger (i think),when you kill him, rebuff, cause he spam Antimagic Pulse, the dispells your buffs

Baron Geddon: clean the adds before pull him, he patrols, when you pull it, go to the tunnel and search for a spot with low ceiling, 'cause he will put you Living Bomb, that will throw you in the air, and yes if you're in a bad spot the fall will kill you, use res aura

Golemagg the Incinerator: just DPS on him, the adds wont die, he will put an stackeable debuff that will reduce your armor, in level 85 you can kill him before he kills you, but if you see that you may die, heal you with WOG, or if the stacks are to much for you, switch and make SINGLE target to one to his dogs until the debuff falls, use Res aura

Sulfuron Harbinger: this can be tricky, because he have 4 healers, with Rebuke and AS you shouldnt have problema now,focus in one healer and interrupt his heal, after the first one is down, the rest will became easier, the boss can knock you but nothing serios, use devotion

Majordomo Executus: Forget the boss, kill the lil ones (healers) then the big ones, when all the adds are down, he will surrender and summon Ragnaros, randomly he will teleport to a "magma" pit in the center, it actually dont do any damage if you go as 85 with res aura

Ragnaros: Easy fight, but with an attack that can kill you if you are in a bad spot, he wont move, he will make an atack that will push you back, heres the problem, it will push you too high adn if you fall in rocks you will be death or at least too weak, theres an spot, where if he push you, you will fall in lava, and nothing will hapend, its a right hand of ragnaros next to a wall, lava and wall in the back, i wish i could explain it better, but if you feel you will die, use bubble

I actually do this, great way for money! I go Prot spec Prot gear (I have no ret gear). I can do;
    Molten Core,
    AQ10,
    AQ40(Up to, and not including, Twin Emperors),
    Probably BWD(After Razergore, no one wants to help me get past him so idk),
    Zul'Aman,
    Magtheridon's Lair (Save AS/Judgement for Quake else he will despawn),
    Serpentshrine Cavern (Not including Vashj or Fathom-Lord Karathress).

Probably Gruul also, but I can't get past the council...

i love doing this we screw around every week for some extra gold all of Kara is soloable (i normally grab one other for chess just for times sake) gruul is soloable but to be frank we need 6 or 7 to do council because you can't resist any of their ccs anymore. Loot reaver and alar are also easily soloable for an extra 250g a piece and some bosses in bt. Sunwell is pretty much off limits and you just dont make the gold in wrath content unless your on 25 man. We 4 man flame 3 towers to pickup shards but normally dont touch nax.

Quote Originally Posted by Killed View Post

All the level 60 raid content should be trivial, except maybe Cthun?

The level 70 stuff might put up a little challenge.

The level 80 raids probably arent soloable as a paladin, as most of the bosses have enrage timers.

Just go as protection spec, good damage, vengence will be a big help, and word of glory should keep you up no problem.

I would just wear the tank gear too, and slowly put on ret pieces as you see if you're getting smashed or not taking any damage.
    Considering the bolded part - Vengeance actually does not do all that much due to the fact that it decays over time. I've been doing some lvl 70 raid content solo as prot, and rarely ever saw it much above 1000.

But anyway, here's what I experienced so far (as mentioned, prot specced)

Level 60

Molten Core is a breeze, as it was already soloable at 80.
    BWL should be well doable beyond Vael, but so far I have only done it with a friend.
    AQ is doable up to the Twin Emps. Huhuran is the most annoying of the bosses. I haven't had a successful kill on the bug trio yet though, because being able to interrupt Yaui's heal is a bit luck based.

Level 70

Karazhan is also quite easy, except maybe Netherspite for obvious reasons. Again, most of it was soloable at 80. The most annoying thing in there probably is chess.
    Magtheridon is rather easy too, but so far he bugged out and despawned on me every time (first time at 20%) which caused me to not bother trying anymore. Gruul's lair on the other hand isn't possible, as the ogre council pretty much curbstomps you (I'm looking at you, Olm!)
    In SSC, I've done Hydross, Lurker, Morogrim and Leotheras with relative ease. Karathress could be doable, however you will most likely need a lot of Shadow Resistance due to cataclysmic bolts dealing 50% of your max health in damage very often. Vashj is impossible due to the tainted core mechanics.
    Tempest Keep is tricky. Al'ar is doable without much problem, however Voidreaver has you in permanent silence due to arcane orbs hitting you in melee where it's impossible to get away from the impact fast enough. I couldn't try Solarian since the trash in her room kept MCing me, thus resetting before I could kill them. *cough* She herself shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

As for Kael'thas... he could be possible, but the most annoying thing on that fight is advisor Capernian. Conflags will cause you to loose control over your character for about 50% of the time which makes her a pain in the butt to take down. Once phase 3 starts, Telonicus will add his remote toy rendering you helpless for what feels 99% of the time.

Hyjal trash is a pushover, however the first boss is practically impossible to solo. His Death and Decay does damage based on a percentage of your health, and the iceblock he freezes you in will have you standing in the DnD for the entire time, killing you really quickly.

Haven't been to BT yet, but I can see a lot of fights that probably won't work due to encounter mechanics. (Naj'entus' impaling spike, RoS Phase 2, Gorefiend killing you to turn you into a ghost, and so on)