Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

>.> you taunt me

Selling recalled products is a nono. They were recalled for a reason (albit this does not apply to you). If someone were to buy it that DID care about this problem, the retailer would be in a tight noose for selling a recalled product. If you are so impatient that you ABSOLUTELY have to have your comp ASAP, downgrade like you said. Or wait the 1-2 months and have a sicknasty comp that you are 100% pleased with. Not 80% pleased with because you downgraded.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

http://www.techpowerup.com/140250/In...bruary-14.html

can anyone explain what this cryptic garbage means?

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    http://www.techpowerup.com/140250/In...bruary-14.html

can anyone explain what this cryptic garbage means?
    What's so hard to understand about that? The fixed chipset is to begin shipping to OEM's (yesterday).

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    What's so hard to understand about that? The fixed chipset is to begin shipping to OEM's (yesterday).
    Seems pretty cut and dry English to me. Cougar Chipset (i.e. 1155 P67 and H67 chipsets) are shipping to OEMs (i.e. brand computer manufacturers like Dell, HP, etc) as of February 14, yesterday. Retail stores and online retail stores should be getting it as early as the 28th with this.

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    Don't be butthurt cuz your i7 is gonna be wooped by Bulldozer.
    Pointless statement. i7's have been our for a while when the Bulldozer will be released. Not comparable, at all. Also, you got no facts to back up your claims; so until you do, I'd stop typing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not turn this into an Intel vs AMD pissing match. I'm having a lazy moment and having to fill out infraction forms will make me a sad panda.

Try some computer parts places in Singapore.

Keep in mind the core difference between bulldozer and i7s ... i7 will still beat bull in gaming and 90% of all applications.... However in insanely multithreaded apps bulldozer is "rummer-ed" to pull ahead. Keep in mind that intel will be releasing the new chipset for enthusiasts in beginning of Q3... sandy bridge is just entry/mainstream your kidding me if you think AMD is anything more then a joke these days. But I do sincerely hope they can pull things together or we'll lose out on competition.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 02:24 AM ----------

Bulldozer is a 32nm chip ~ intels new chip coming out this year ivy bridge is a 22nm and is for the "enthusiasts" and sandy bridge is for low/entry mainstream.

I sincerely hope AMD can get their ass into shape or prices will start driving up as intel will have no real competition for high end parts.
    Last edited by Tulion; 2011-02-16 at 03:39 AM.

Bulldozer(Zambezi) is a 32nm chip

---------- Post added 2011-02-15 at 08:20 PM ----------

Bulldozer(Zambezi) is a 32nm chip

Quote Originally Posted by Tulion View Post
    intels new chip coming out this year ivy bridge is a 22nm and is for the "enthusiasts" and sandy bridge is for low/entry mainstream.
    As far as I know, the 22nm die-shrink will be for the entire lineup, low-end, mainstream, and eventually the new socket for high-end (replacement for 1366).

jesus, take the fanboy stuff elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    As far as I know, the 22nm die-shrink will be for the entire lineup, low-end, mainstream, and eventually the new socket for high-end (replacement for 1366).
    Eventually it will be yes, however Q3 what will be released is the top of the line high end 22nm. If your familiar with Intels Tick Tock its pretty self explanatory

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    @phovos

if you can`t wait for the sandy bridge re-release, then i would go socket 1156 and i5-760 and then clock it to 4,0 Ghz. it will last you atleast 2 years before you need to do any upgrades.

if you do alot of video editoring, 3d renderring or programming then go 1366 and i7-950
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    I put my money in and purchased all the components for my new pc. I bought my Socket 1155 mobo from a site that I had never used before since most good sites took them down. I now have all of my pieces BUT my mobo and I just found out (7 days after I payed for the thing) that they do not have the mobo in stock and will be returning my money.

So now I have all my pc components sitting here with no motherboard ;[

I can't seem to find any motherboards anywhere (and no I don't care about the bug in the chipset at all, I just want my board) and it is getting very destressing.

I haven't seen any announcements of when new boards will be released and the only 1155 socket mobos I am able to find currently are M-ATX.

Honestly, I am just complaining, and maybe fishing to see if anyone knows of a place selling 1155 mobos?

What are others experience with this whole stupid recall? I am damn unhappy about sitting on $900 of components with no motherboard.

I'm possibly thinking about returning my i5200k and just buying a Phenom II or something. I would die if I had to wait to use my new rig!
    music of black origin ?