Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Meredith gets up from her chair to join the growing group at the bar when this place gets going, it gets going fast she thinks to herself, a wry smile quirking her lips. She nods a greeting to the gnome that appeared seemingly out of nowhere, and the decidedly dangerous looking hooded woman. She's wary, but not overly perturbed by the diminutive Death Knight. Despite her hatred for most of the undead, after her experiences in Northrend, she knows the Death Knights to be as honourable as any in the Alliance. She proceeds to address the big man that had spoken to her. "Well now, I'm sure I can add to that good sized crowd you need." she says, intrigued. This is clearly not a game she's familiar with. As long as you promise not to take me to the cleaners, that is." she adds with a grin.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, now, we have a newcomer for our group, Darsithis thought. "Welcome, welcome, please, have a seat. Be prepared to lose against me, of course.". She tapped the side of her helmet, careful to avoid the large bone spikes on either side. "You do have to be up early to get past the mind of a gnome".

10+ Year Old Account
    Meredith schooled her face to neutrality. She had to forcibly remind herself that in spite of her tiny stature, the gnome was no child. losing isn't a problem," she said, then with a sudden grin she continued, "whatever I lose here is easily made back when I introduce a new card game at home"
    Well aware that the gnome most likely spoke the truth, the gnomish knack for numbers had boggled her mind in the past, Meredith made a mental note to try and limit her stake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Syleen takes a seat, next to the death knight. The bartender delivers her ale and places it on the table, she takes a sip and awaits the man's response. Syleen muses herself with a thought, "Yeah muscle man. Tell us about yourself, I like to know men I may hook up with." She looks at the table and a realization comes to mind, "We're playing cards? I suck at card games."
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-04-27 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darsithis gave the woman sitting down next to her a sideways glance. "I see that look in your eyes. Good luck. He strikes me as a very," she paused delicately before finishing, "rogue-ish man".

10+ Year Old Account
    Meredith hides her smile behind her mug as she takes another swig of the surprisingly fine ale. She's one for directness herself, but the Death Knight makes her look positively subtle in comparison.
    A game of cards seems the least of the entertainment on offer, she thinks, wryly.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((You guys can read minds? I'm so embarrassed, I meant that everything she said was in a thought. However, let's see where this goes; I just wanted to inform you guys this isn't what I intended, but it's brilliant. Let's roll with it. :P))

Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post
    ((You guys can read minds? I'm so embarrassed, I meant that everything she said was in a thought. However, let's see where this goes; I just wanted to inform you guys this isn't what I intended, but it's brilliant. Let's roll with it. :P))
    ((Generally speaking sir I like to keep thoughts italicised. Quotation marks really do make one think that the person's speaking. But that's just me :P))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Sorry for any confusion. Thanks Madgod: Sheogorath, your input, as always is much appreciated.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Darsithis finally turns to the young woman at the other side, still nursing her drink. "I'm Darsithis, by the way. Are you going to join us?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh, hi. Sorry, name's Syleen, your everyday rogue." Syleen looks down towards the gnome, bright blue eyes of death stare into her own. She takes a sip of her ale, "I would like to join you, but I think that's up to Muscle man over there with the cards." She smiles then turns from the gnome and faces the man. Syleen twitches a bit as she imagines the gnome staring at her with those huge blue eyes. Dear Light, Gnomes have always creeped me out, now a gnome death knight?!
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-04-28 at 12:27 AM.

There was a fiery flash from the windows, and then a solid THUNK! was heard as something heavy hit the bar's porch. Right after, the door swung open to reveal a cloaked, hooded figure - albeit one easily recognized as an elf. The elf strode through the door, leaving behind an aroma of slightly burnt pin, his wooden staff thumping on the floor next to him, and made his way to the bar.

"Barkeeper!" he said, "your finest bottle of Darnassian liquor please." The un-named elf settled down into his seat, though he did glance around to observe the ever-increasingly rowdy gambling party going on.

((Re-integrating my High Elf druid into Alliance society!)).

10+ Year Old Account
    Darsithis laughed. "I did not mean you, Syleen. I meant our other female friend who has remained silent this entire time. I overheard you introduce yourself to the bartender."

She picked up her glass before continuing and toasted Syleen. "As for muscle man, I believe he is...". Darsithis never got to finish her sentence as the room briefly flashed with a bright light and a loud sound. She whirled around, both hands on her axe as she watched the tall elf enter the Salty Sailor.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((My bad. *Sigh* Awkwardness, the bane of my existence!))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((No, don't worry about it. I wanted you to respond to it - to be like "well, I'm better than her! pay attention to me!" kind of thing . Even earlier I wasn't reading your mind. I was showing that my DK was perceptive and able to see what people were thinking through their expressions. I had imagined you, as you sat down, giving him that smouldering look that said "boy, I want you"))
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-04-28 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meredith opened her mouth to answer... Darsithis, was it? Yes, she was sure that is how the gnome had introduced herself to the giant of a man that was sitting with them. Meredith's head snapped round as the door swung open and a heavily cloaked and hooded figure entered. Despite the concealing clothing, she knew an elf when she saw one. She relaxed somewhat as he ordered a drink and took a seat so she returned her attention to the gnome.
    "My apologies, I was a little caught up in the promise of a card game," she said, smiling ruefully at her lack of manners, "I'm Meredith, pleasure to meet you." She held out her hand for the pint-sized Death Knight to shake in greeting, if she so chose.

((Darced, I was more responding to what Darsithis said than reading your thoughts, though with Darsithis's comments and your own body language, I was able to put 2 and 2 together and come out somewhat approaching 4 ))

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ah where to begin Darsithis. For now let's just say I'm a bit of reckless warrior." Richard took a long drink of his ale and then flipped the cards back up together. Taken a bit back by Syleen and the forwardness of the women he found himself now surrounded by, "Well like I always say can't have too many people to drink with," he said with a short chuckle. Richard dealt out a single one to each of them, face down, "Well then my lovely new lady friends have any of you ever played a Head game?"

(( I'm referring to this drinking game =D Head Game ))

(( Oh and for our purposes we are sitting like this:

-----Richard
    Syleen---Meredith
    -----Darsithis ))
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-04-28 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darsithis shook the tall woman's hand heartily, pleased to meet so many fine people. "Well met, Meredith. Well met, indeed. Did you know that the trait for hazel eyes is common in only seventeen percent of the human population? Fascinating!" She finished her mug of milk and signaled the bartender for another. "I find a good pint of milk to be the easiest drink to keep down. It is not as if I need to have it!" Laughing, she carefully removed her horned helmet to reveal pink pigtails on either side before slapping the card to her forehead.

"There! Guess my card!"

10+ Year Old Account
    A top the shockingly green haired Darsithis' forehead sat the Three of Swords. Richard chuckled as he licked the back of his own card and stuck it to his forehead, the Ten of Axes. "Not quite Darsithis. The goal is for you to guess your own card. We go around in a circle and every wrong guess you have to take a drink." Without guessing he went ahead and took another large sized gulp of his own ale and waved at the barkeep for a refill. "Now this is a regular deck, 52 cards in all. So only 48 wrong choices!" Richard let out a booming laugh at the few memories he could recall of past games as a the barkeep. "So who would like to go first?"

((Now obviously for this to work you will know your own number but just try to forget it. You have to play as your character and therfore you will only know the three other players numbers. So Syleen has the Queen of Spears and Meredith has the Seven of Swords. Oh and btw swords = hearts, axes = spades, spears = diamonds, bows = clubs, if you wanted to know ^.^))
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-04-28 at 05:19 PM.