Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "No ned ta be a warrior or a smith right now is ther? Howevar if yah like yu culd test the strength of my hammer." Denholme commented with a slightly disapproving smirk as he patted the butt of his large Stonehammer resting on his back. "Otherwiase I hav no reason to tak to yah Deathknight." He spoke the last word with a disdain. Denholme wasn't looking for a fight but he just didn't like anything about these unnatural men and this one wasn't going to change his mind. He threw his shoulder towards Lethean and started back in with Stephen. "So Stephen, with how you travel wit your trade I was wonderin what yu like most for fuel? I prefer a thick natural oil but if push comes I'll shove some coke in mah forge."

(( Sorry for the belated response, forgot I was in here >.< ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen smiled at the dwarfs question. One I have been asked many a time over. He took a sip of his ale, then replied with amusement.
    "To answer your question, from what I have seen of it, oil makes for quite a nice fuel, though it is not one I use often. Most places I'm restricted to coal or coke, some I end up making my own charcoal. These goblins, as I'm sure you know, are as cheep as they come. They run their forge off of wood, a foul choice, but it keeps me in a job fixing their shoddy craftsmanship." Stephen allowed that to sink in, before delving in deeper.
    "Now, I learned on a coke forge. My pa was fairly successful, so we could afford it over charcoal. That doesn't mean he didn't teach me all he knew. My first lessons ran into coal and charcoal." Stephen brought his mug up to his lips, taking another drink while considering the Dwarven smith with greater scrutiny.
    "Now, I wonder, what is it you are here to sell these penny-pinchers? And I ponder that your forge must be well known for something for you to be as well off as you are. If you don't mind my curiosity, what may that be?"
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

10+ Year Old Account
    "I dun know how well but well enugh I suppos." Denholme reached again in his side pouch and fiddled with a few items inside it. "It's called the Stone Forge in the upper commons of Ironforge. But the real reason for my visit is this," he said as he pulled out a second cylinder. About half the size of the last with the color of dark iron but even in the bright light of the tavern it seemed to emit a small glow of it's own. "Called Underlight Ore, if yah eva had the pleasure of workin with it I think yah'd understand the reason for dealing with these goblins." Denholme said with bit of a smile. A rare ore only found in the Ghostlands, not exactly Alliance friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen eyed the ore with great curiosity, that of both a smith and a wanderer. Noticing the slight glow, he was quite puzzled, for he had never seen such an ore before. "As it turns out, I have not. Which is curious, as I have seen many of even the rarest ores in my time in Stormwind and the Goblin trading cities. Where does this ore come from? And better yet, what purpose can it serve?"
    My RP Characters:

Deleted
    Sianne grabbed the beer from the bar and looked around her watching the dwarf and the human that where talking to each other. Looking further into the inn she smiled. Dwarfs, humans,orcs, trolls and all the other races, It's all the same in the neutral city's.

She takes another swallow of the beer and puts the keg back on the bar, Looking tired and exhousted it was better for her to take a look for a place to sleep. her travel was not finished yet and sianne had still a long path to go.

Lethean ignored the tone coming from Denholme, though he did let it get to him somewhat as he began muttering to himself softly, the air around him becoming even colder for a moment before it warmed up - But just barely.
    He continued to gaze curiously at the blood elf. I wonder what her story is, he thought to himself, draining the rest of his mug's contents before standing up, grabbing his helmet and walking over to the bar. When he got there, he placed the mug along with two more gold coins on the counter, as the bartender came out and looked at them with understanding - Though in Lethean's eyes in was misunderstanding. He shook his head at the barkeep, then turned. "Keep 'em." He shoved his helmet on, then approached the female blood elf, aware she was probably dog-tired and wouldn't be able to answer many of his questions coherently. Nevertheless, he was determined.
    He stopped just a few feet away from her, then leaned up against the counter, supporting himself on his elbow. "Well, don't you just look exhausted," he said, keeping his icy tone neutral. Unsure if she would feel the drop in the air tempature like the others, he didn't bother to see if there was anything he could do about it. "What brings you here?" he asked carefully, watching her closely.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Ah, well this one is a bit rarer. It's ben many a decades since I was last abl ta obtain it. Only comes from a mine up in teh Ghostlands." Denholme twisted it around in his hand. "Ta be honest it's only as strong as Obsidium, but it's rel use isn't in teh sun. I'm sur yah hav noticed teh glow. That is teh rel gem within. Takes a good month o'forgin ta get it nice and right but if yah can it's bright as any flame."

Deleted
    Sianne looks to the stranger that is now standing next to her. with the her in her hands. "Well i am just here to rest before i contineau traveling with the boat to kalimdor" She says with a tired voice, looking in her empty keg she places it back on the bar. throwing some other coins on the bar. "Another one please barkeeper" Looking back at the blood elf with a smile. "So and what brings u here to this nice place?"

Lethean nodded slowly. "Just here to bide my time, for now," he answered, entwining his fingers as he met her eyes. "Kalimdor... it's not too bad of a place. Untouched by most of the plague that swept through Lordaeron before, yet was the continent that was torn apart by the Burning Legion. A friend of mine has done alot of research on Kalimdor, and has pondered many of the things that have occurred in the past in it." He shrugged. "I don't really care for it that much; to be honest, I have much more important things to worry about." He paused for a second before speaking again. "If you don't mind me asking... why do you travel to Kalimdor?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Deleted
    While sianne lisned to the blood elf she placed the keg on the bar and then looks to him "A old friend of me i fighted with asked me for help" She nods and then talk further. "I have no idea what he needs help with but it sounded seriusly" While ordering some non alcoholic drink and throwed again some coins on the bar. " I wonder why he asked me while there are more old friends are around in kalimdor.... well i will see when i arrive there"

10+ Year Old Account
    (( /facepalm here I was thinking Stephen was waiting on Denholme...))

Stephen lost himself in thinking about the properties of this new strange ore. Questions ran through his mind as he struggled to grasp the abilities of the ore. "So, it can glow, eternally? With no fuel? No heat, no spark, only light? That's... That's astounding! Is it resulting from some magical incident? Or how does it form? And how do you come by having a supply of it to sell? How did you learn to forge it correctly? How DOES one work it to bring it to such bright intensity?"
    My RP Characters:

Lethean nodded at the blood elf as she drank, sensing that she wished to be left alone. She looked as if she'd been to hell and back, and was probably dog-tired. Shrugging, he said, "Travel safely, then." He turned, realizing Stephen and Denholme were still talking. He sniffed distastefully, remembering the dwarf's comment towards him a bit ago, and then remembered why he was here. He found a chair away from the rest and sat, leaning back and crossing his arms across his chest. She'd better get here soon so we can leave.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denholme chuckled a bit at Stephen's stream of questions. He missed this, most of his apprentices have been forging for only a few years less than himself and using not as involved. Many families learned blacksmithing for tradition and not always for the love of it. "So far it can. I hav'nt found a peice o 'it that dun't have a hearty glow. Ta be honest I believe it ta be a work o'the land. Up ther wit them elves, ovr time teh arcane does funni thins. So far it's teh only place I hav heard o'it, but them goblins can still travel up ther without much worry." Denholme waved to the barkeep, but he seemed busy with others and would be a moment so he continued. "It isn't so hard to actually forge but I hav found that lower heat does teh trick for a nice strong glow. Teh only problem is cooling. See it dun't like water for sum reason. I suspect a magi culd tell meh why but I dun't think it'd make a difference. Yah just let it cool natural, it's why it takes so long ta craft. Though ta really get teh experience I'd hav to show yah."

He paused as the barkeep finally made it over, "Two stouts, a bowl o'dragonbreath chili and anythin for the lad her."

((Joining because WoW servers are down and bored. RP'ing as my main RP character Nidal Shadowdance))

Nidal Shadowdance, blades visibly covered in what looks to be blood, takes a seat at the bar, ordering a mug of ale, and pulling down his hood. His face is serious, looking like he isn't in the mood to talk about what he just expirienced. He chugs down the ale, drinking half of it in one giant gulp. He sighs.

((Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking))
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:
    Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking |

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Gonna give this a shot))
    Jonas walks into the bar. Hoping the human and dwarf didn't see him, he steps around into the shadows up to the bar.
    Reaching under his cloak, he pulls out a few coins from a pouch
    Clearing his throat, he calls out in a gravelly voice I'd like an Ale please.. anything from Stormwind will do, if you have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((My first attempt at RP, ever.))

From the moment Rhoan set his first step into the tavern, he felt an unnatural cold chill, which made the hairs on his neck stand up. He knew this sensation. A few years ago, he had worked with a Death knight in Tirisfal. They had been looking for a rare book in the library of the scarlet monastery. An expedition which, like so many, failed miserably. Rhoan quickly turned his eyes away from the source of the chilling aura. Death knights usually weren't too fond of his kind, and he didn't want to make a scene.

He observed the other travelers for a little while, still standing in the doorway, before deciding to enter. "A Pandaren and a Dwarf," He thought, "This could be interesting."
    Rhoan had heard tales of the Pandaren, but this was the first time he met one in the flesh. "He might have some beer with him", he hoped, always eager to taste a new brew and the Pandaren were famous for their zythology.

His long, brown robe hid his plate armor completely, but it did little to damp the sound of his metal boots on the old wooden floor of the Inn. He sat down in what seemed like the most comfortable chair and brought out a tome from under his robe.
    He lowered his hood to reveal his short, gray hair. His equally gray eyes showed experience and intelligence, but had a sense of melancholy about them. The paladin clearly had gone through a fair amount of hardships in his life.

"Barkeep!" He yelled, "I'll have whatever the Pandaren's having, I assume he knows his ales better than the rest of us." He gave the Pandaren a gentle nod, hoping the furry creature would start a conversation. He had no idea how to even address the humanoid bear, and did not want to offend him. He decided to let him start, if possible. He was eager to talk, though. Ale and exotic cultures were 2 hobbies of his. Two birds with one stone, and all.

While waiting for his drink, Rhoan buried his head in the tome and started reading.
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-10-10 at 01:42 PM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Lethean sat away from the rest, eyes closed yet alert of his surroundings. When he heard the first newcomer enter, he slowly opened his eyes and lifted his head. Before he'd spotted the night elf, though, he knew at once he was dealing with a kaldorei. Years of fighting alongside one had trained him effectively in deciphering the sounds they made; some noticeable, others hardly realized. By the looks of it, this particular night elf was a rogue. The way he moved - smoothly and with practiced ease, told Lethean he was probably an assassin, one that was hired under another - or group - that was highly trained, and had passed at least some of this skill to the night elf.
    He gave the rogue another second of his time examining him, then he turned his head away, readjusting the position of his crossed arms and shifting slightly in the chair, his dark, icy plate creaking. How long have I been here?
    He was about to close his eyes again when another entered the tavern. This time, little more than a shadow, obviously trying to attract as little attention as possible. Curious in spite of himself, Lethean batted one azure eye towards the cloaked figure, who passed some gold coins on to the counter, requesting a drink. Lethean's pointed ears twitched, but he dismissed it and shrugged to himself. Some prefer to live in secrecy, while others have an open mind. It's normally the open-minded fools that end up getting killed off. Smart guy, that one.
    He didn't bother trying to rest again, as moments later, a third entered. This time, Lethean stiffened, the air around him literally dropping to unheard of icy tempatures. The human paladin, who wore brown robes to cover his plate armor, walked in to the tavern, obviously cautious. Two points that made Lethean suddenly alert pushed themselves to the forefront of his mind: One, the human, though did not look like it, could be with the Scarlet Onslaught. If that was the case, then Lethean knew he'd be put in an awkward situation. A few years ago, he'd been captured and tortured at the hands of the Scarlet Crusade while trying to rescue a fellow death knight from their clutches in Hearthglen. During this time, they'd branded several marks on to his chest, tried to exorcise him, and worse. He'd never been through more pain in his life, even when he was killed, which had involved being torn apart from limb to limb, literally, by a pack of ravaging ghouls.
    The death knight narrowed his eyes in sudden fury as he recalled this. The second point was that the paladin was a human. Lethean, though his best friend was a kaldorei, despised humans in every way. He'd made acquaintances with a few, but had never actually trusted one, or even fought with one before. A muscle - though dead - seemed to twitch near his right temple, and he growled ever so softly to himself in rage. If I wasn't worried about keeping to myself until Neyira arrived, I'd march up to that bastard and decapitate him this second.
    Something inside him made him cool down, though. And if he isn't actually with the Onslaught, and is just a paladin associated with the Alliance?
    Lethean stifled a snort. "As if him being Alliance and not an Onslaught mongrel would stay Shadowfrost from taking his life?" he murmured quietly to himself.
    Is that what you think of Neyira, then? Who is also a night elf?
    Again, Lethean thought this an appropriate time to snort in arrogance; this time, he did not try to stop it. "Because she's with the Alliance, right?" he growled under his breath, growing angry with himself and his irritable conscience. The part of him that had survived through all the suffering, pain and death - the part of him that was still him, Lethean Sunfury, proud high elf ranger and later sin'dorei paladin, that persisted on haunting him through everything.
    Lethean shook his head slowly, trying to dispel the notions from his thoughts. He closed his eyes and laid his head back, sliding down the chair a bit so that the head of the chair could provide a rest - though a hard one - for his helmeted head.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Jonas was handed his drink, he glanced at the Death Knight in the corner, noticing his eyes cross him.
    At least I'm not the only one who's undead here. I'm probably the only one completely unaffected by the chill
    He took a gulp of his ale. "Hmph, typical goblin town ale", he grunted quietly.

Fading off into the shadows, he sat on a stool and pulled his hood down further.
    Accidently saying aloud. "I could certainly use some stronger ale...".
    He quickly looks around to see if anyone heard him. Looking at the pandaren, he thought,
    I need to keep my thoughts to myself. I'm not sure of that strange bear-creature there. Looks like he might know a thing or two about fighting

He noticed a new person walk in with alarm. He could literally feel the burning of the Light emanating from the man. There was no denying he was a paladin, despite the robes.
    I wish those people would keep their aura's to themselves in public.
    Mentally reaching out, he caused his corner of the room to become slightly darker, hoping the paladin wouldn't see him.
    Last edited by Vouksh89; 2012-10-16 at 07:56 AM. Reason: ((sorry for so many edits, keep re-reading posts))

Lethean watched the Forsaken try to hide himself from the rest, retreating deeper in to the shadows, thinking himself safe in his corner. Lethean smirked under his helm.
    Clearly, he doesn't fully realize what we death knights can see.
    He heard the door to the tavern creak and open, and Lethean watched as another death knight entered, an air of deadly calm around the female Kaldorei.
    Her garb was similar to Lethean's, except for the weapons. Instead of a two-handed greatsword, two twin runeblades were sheathed at her waist. Both were inscribed with numerous different runes, which glowed brightly. As with Lethean, the air around the night elf was icy and forboeding, and she looked around for a moment. Eventually, her azure eyes landed on Lethean, and he sat up a little straighter as she approached.
    He stood as she neared him. "About time you got here," he muttered, his deep tone echoing softly. Somehow, he sensed she was grinning beneath her own demonic helm.
    "Pfft," Neyira Shadehunter scoffed, her own voice soft. "Please. You can't blame me for getting distracted."
    This piqued Lethean's curiosity. "Distracted? By whom?"
    Neyira seemed sheepish, although Lethean could not tell for sure, as her expression was hidden. "Just a couple of young, inexperienced and arrogant adventurers. Apparently, they'd never seen a death knight before, and believed I was weak for allowing the Lich King to do what he did to me." She crossed her arms over her chest, meeting Lethean's gaze. "I didn't kill them, but I did teach them a little lesson."
    Lethean chuckled. "Typical you. Hopefully, they'll remember your lesson; otherwise, they'll be in a bit of trouble."
    Neyira nodded, then looked around the tavern, which seemed to be rather crowded today. "Indeed. So, when are we off?"
    Lethean shrugged. "I haven't seen any sign of Gorthrak yet. He was supposed to be here almost an hour ago. He has Highlord Morgraine's instructions; until he arrives, there is little more we can do, other than sit around and wait for him."
    Neyira sighed. "Great. Just what I love to do."
    Lethean gestured off to his right. "Well, may as well grab a chair. I have a feeling we're going to be here for a while."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jonas noticed frost form briefly around his mug and turned around and saw another armor-clad elf walk in. Judging by the dimness around her and the demonic armor, she was another Death Knight. She began walking over to the other Death Knight.
    This could be interesting.
    Gesturing over, he sent his shadow raven to that corner, using it to eavesdrop, curious as to what the newcomers business was with the other patron.
    ["...when are we off?"]
    While focusing on his connection to his raven, his connection to the shadows around him dropped and went back to their normal state.
    ["I haven't seen any sign of Gorthrak yet. He was supposed to be here almost an hour ago. He has Highlord Morgraine's instructions; until he arrives, there is little more we can do, other than sit around and wait for him."]

Hmm. Perhaps I should introduce myself in a moment. Perhaps they could use my... talents on this journey of theirs.