Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    "What kind of proposition? And does it pay well?" Vylana replied to the human who just sat down Yes! High paying job here I come! she thought while talking, trying to hide a large smile. Seeing his ring only made her more excited.

She took another drink, only half way paying attention to what all was going on in the corner between the forsaken. One seemed to be annoyed at the other, but that's all she could make out of it.

She turned her attention back to the human in front of her, giving him her full attention.

Millard was expecting her tossing away his advance but he did not expect that she still had her heart in it that much. Her determination always seemed extraordinary strong to him, but this was indeed unexpected. The priest sighed. What a shame that she had no talent for dabbling in the Forgotten Shadows. But he would better back down now. He didn't want to make her susceptible to the hatred that so many forsaken fed on. Compassion was also a value taught by the Shadow.

"I did not want to stop you from your journey. I just told you what I have seen happen countless times. But if you are certain this will end differently, I will of course help you as much as I can. But as I already told you, none of the records that are kept could help so far."

When Millard spoke to Catherine, all the tension in her body let go at once. She had been scared of how he would react, but seeing how he respected her decision after all she felt she could relax again. She wasn't mad with him any more. She looked down on her own hands as she was fiddling with her belt around her robe. With her head still down, she gave a shy look back at Millard before she started talking again.

"You know, you would really like Benjamin if you met him yourself. He was a priest too, I'm guessing he practices shadow magic now, like you! I hope you get to meet him sometime. I feel you would have much in common."

There were so many thing that popped into Catherine's head now. She had been away from Tirisfal for so long she had so much she wanted to talk about. But she felt it would be polite to let Millard speak for once. She interrupted her own rambling about Benjamin to leave the conversation in the hands of Millard instead.

"What have you been up to? How are things back in Tirisfal? When are you going back? Perhaps we could travel together?"

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Linked for the symbol))

Ryan smiled a bit. "I represent a group called Blitz Mercenaries." He then pulled a ring identical to his out of his cloak and set it on the table so the full view of the symbol could be seen. Brand new and un-tarnished unlike his own. "We are, like our name implies, a group of mercenaries. Several contracts with different members of the Alliance and those friendly to them. We are recruiting select warriors to be apart of our organization. It won't be high paying lump sums like normal jobs I am sure you have taken, we are more of a consistent group providing long term and short term help alike. But that being said the pay is considerable and we can provide ample supplies and arms if you need them."

Ryan noticed her eyes drift to the forsaken in the corner, "Don't worry about them just a simple fight between themselves. So would this be something you would be interested in? I would require a small example of your skills but from what I can see now you should have no problem with it." Ryan then took a long gulp from his cherry drink.

"Do never compare me with the Priest of the Holy Light ever again. I have been compassionate in life and I will be in death. That is why I still wear this robe. But it has nothing to do with that damned church. Have you never wondered why I have a limp leg? That was also the "compassion" of a Brother of Light. The previous owner of this robe to be precise."

The word compassion was spoken with an awfully sarcastic tone.

"You also never asked why I wear my mask. It was also the holy light; I remember the sensation of my burning face very,... vividly."

The priest's tone got calmer again. He could not be mad at Catherine. She clearly still had feelings for that priest and was rambling of him, but he had to set her straight.

"But I digress. Tirisfal has been quiet, considering that Gilneas is still at war. The war is at a stalemate and there is not much to do for me. And I am indeed heading back. I would love to journey with you. It is difficult to find decent company, but I am sure you know that."
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-05-29 at 11:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vylana picked up the ring to look at it, it was indeed nice looking. She thought over the offer, disappointed it wasn't the very high paying job she expected, perhaps it would be nice to be a part of a group, though. Plus, she heard him say they would provide arms, she could go for that. Free is cheaper than hundreds of gold, after all.

"No jobs from Horde, I take it?"
    she asked still turning the ring around between her fingers, "And what kind of freedom would I expect if I joined this group of yours? Would I still be able to refuse jobs?"

Finally, she put down the ring and looked at the human again. "And what kind of proof of skill would you require?"
    Last edited by seam; 2011-05-29 at 11:17 PM.

Catherine was stunned. She had no idea she had insulted Millard. It had not been her intention at all, and she was ashamed. She knew how the forsaken felt about the holy light, but she had forgotten. As he continued to scold Catherine, she kept her head down, staring into her glass of wine again. She struggled to keep the tears away, and tried to focus on the wine instead of absorbing every bitter word coming from Millard's lips. She still heard everything she said, but she needed the glass to distance herself from the emotional impact of his anger.

Just when Millard began speaking in his normal tone, Catherine grabbed the wine and drank a sip from it. It felt warm and comforting running down her throat, but leaving a weird taste in her mouth afterwards. She could not help but cringe, and just as she did she hoped Millard did not notice. When he accepted her proposal of the travelling together she felt alright again. Perhaps the wine helped, but Catherine was just as happy as she was when he first sat down with her.

Deleted
    Noone had heard anything, noone had seen anything, in fact everyone and everything had been completely ignorant of her pressence. It was a meek voice that left her as she had reached the bar. A pair of yellow reptile eyes, half closed, were eyeing the barkeep from underneath a hooded robe, colored dark as midnight. She seemed to carry herself as if she wasn't used to choosing her own steps, swaying slightly from side to side. All in all, the stranger seemed too weak to keep standing for much longer. "..." Making strange gestures, the stranger seemed to be irritated at something, before she handed the barkeep a little yellow parchment with the words: Give me a drink that could knock me out, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Not yet. Current situations and all that entails has made it difficult of our group to establish Horde connections, but if you wondering if our loyalties lie only with the Alliance, no." Ryan paused and took another sip. "Freedom is always yours but if you accept a job we will expect you to carry it out until it is complete. Otherwise you are free to come and go from our base as you please. Refusing.....not quiet. We do allow our members a certain leniency in choosing which jobs you will be assigned to but for the most part members are chosen for jobs based on their skills and talents." He finished his drink and held it in the air and looked to the bar, in goblin, <"Barkeep another if you don't mind.">

Ryan turned back and continued, "As for the test well a simple duel will suffice. Nothing serious just a simple show of you strengths."

Something then startled Ryan, a presence. He just noticed a cloaked figure at the bar. How did this stranger get so far in here while escaping my detection, especially given its current state. Ryan smiled again. Perhaps I choose a great day to visit this bar.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Interesting...very interesting." Vaylana said quietly while deep in thought. It didn't sound so bad, it would be nice to have a steady supply of jobs. Not being able to refuse jobs wouldn't bother her either, now that she thought of it. She almost never turned one down anyway. And a duel wouldn't be too hard here in Stranglethorn, she could simply jump up a tree and get him from there.

She took yet another drink, it was almost empty, but she was satisfied.

"Alright, I'll do it. When do you want this 'duel'? And where?" She stood up and stretched, excited to see how this works out.

((I actually have to go for a bit, sorry =( ))
    Last edited by seam; 2011-05-30 at 12:08 AM.

Sora, hooded and cloaked in unrelieved black, stepped into the gloomy shadows of the inn. Sweeping his eyes over the assembled patrons, noticed a fair variety and relaxed slightly. Moving to an free stool at the bar. Motioning to the barkeep, he spoke softly, "Have you any Silvermoon Special Reserve?" While awaiting an answer, he lamented on the turn his life had taken. He had been a man of importance, personal guard to Prince Kael'thas, lover of his daughter Ellie. Then had come the incident that had seen him banished from the Isle of Quel'danas. He knew he had been set up, but without proof he had had to leave the Isle. After Kael'thas death, he had returned to seek Ellie, to no avail. Now he was traveling the world, taking work where he could. His strength and skill with the exquisite twinblade strapped to his back ensured he never needed to dip too deeply into the money he had stored with various bankers across Azeroth. Maybe there would be someone in this tropical backwater in need of my skills.
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

10+ Year Old Account
    ((No problem))

Ryan quickly downed his next drink. He then picked up the ring and twirled it around in his hand, "Well you were a Sentinel, no?" Ryan stood and started back to the bar, already knowing the answer to his question. "Meet me at the gates to Booty Bay in an hour." He then took his original seat, sat the mug and a few coins on the bar and took out his book.

He pretended to read his book while studying the stealthy stranger, when a Sunfury Knight walked in. As he inspected the Knight a little longer out of his peripherals he decided that might not be the case but still his other stranger was far more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Aye we may have a bot'le ar three." The barkeep went into the back room and rummaged around for a little while. When he came back through the door he held a bottle Silvermoon Special Reserve.
    "Now this ere bot'le aint cheap landluber. Its usually fer tha pirate cap'ns cuz only they have tha coin fer it. If ye be wantin this bottle yer gona have tah show me some pret'e coins.

Sora jolted from his reverie as the barkeep brought the bottle over. The odious little person seemed to assume he was a vagrant, so he reached into his cloak and drew out one of the pouches secreted within it's many pockets. Hefting it's weight in his hand, he gauged roughly fifty gold pieces within. Pulling the string, he scattered the coins on the bar. "Set me up a tab and I'll be wanting a clean glass." Settling into his seat, he felt a prickle in the hairs on the back of his neck. He couldn't identify an immediate threat, but loosened his twinblade in it's sheath nonetheless.
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

Deleted
    A low sound appears at the back of the inn and the doors opens. With a shadow on the ground a person walks in, While moving the cape u could see that the person was a female blood elf. The elf looks around her and nods and then walks to the bar. she gets a chair and gonna sit on it. She put of her hat and then her helmet and place it on the bar, Now u could see that she had black hair and a ponytale. And then she looks to the barkeep. " Give me some Thunder ale barkeep " She says with a smile while she throw some gold coins on the bar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vylana finished up her drink and stood up.

I've got an hour to burn...what to do, what to do...
    she reached down and felt her coin bag. Empty. Can't even get another drink she sighed. Perhaps she should talk to someone else in here...just to pass the time. But who looked like a good talker?

The forsaken in the corner most likely would keep to themselves...and most Blood elves she had met disliked talking to Night elves such as herself.
    Either chance it or sit around waiting...

Vylana got up and walked over to the female Blood elf "So...what brings you here?" she asked, while trying to put on a friendly smile.

Deleted
    Valine looks to the stranger that said something to her. It was a female night elf, Valine Smiles " Traveling! after a long walk it's always nice to visit a tavern and drink beer " While she looks back, she still waits on her drink that she ordered. and then looks back to the night elf that asked her something. " So now i told why i am here, what u doing here in this nice place? " She smiles and then looks around the tavern who are more inside.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2011-05-30 at 02:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Nice place?" Vylana laughed, "Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of a Goblin ran tavern..." she trailed off, noticing she was starting to ramble.

"Anyway, I just finished a job, wanted to get a drink." she smiled. She was happy to see the Blood elf didn't instantly hate her, as was fairly common among both Blood elves and the Horde in general. "My name is Vylana, by the way."

Deleted
    " Nice to meet you Vylana, My name is Valine Dawnreaver " She smiles and then put on of her daggers on the bar and looks to it, The dagger wass full of scars and u could see blood on it. " It's time to clean and repair these things " She laughs and watch again to Vylana. " So u want have a drink? on my bill ofcourse " She smiles and looks if the barkeep already gived her drink.

Khorianas set there quietly. He examined the people around him and tried to figure out wether one of them has seen Millard and him trading a certain object. Millard would make sure that the forsaken woman was not to nosy. The human recruiter was too busy talking the Elf into something before he left. But the Kaldorei woman. A mercenary even. Perhaps she was already thinking of robbing him. The elven rogue arrived later but the paladin would watch her never the less, and the show off next to him would have to fend off enough of the clients of the tavern, bragging with his full coin purse like that. The blood knight deemed himself rather safe. But he would make sure that he left a different impression before he left. He didn't want to be remembered as the kind guy who picked up a cane. But he would still have to wait for an opportunity.