Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    (( does this mean that the bar is now empty ))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Not yet. Mengucekli has yet to decide (that I have seen at least) if he will come with us or not. And I'll be bringing in a character I have been thinking up the last few days, once I get a chance to catch up with my other RPs. ))
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

((I'll bring in someone else as well. Maybe my mage. He hasnt't come in yet, haha.))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the candles began to flicker and fail and darkness crept in from the corners of the room the Barkeep rang the bell on the bar before calling out "Last orders!"

Slowly but surely the few patrons that remained began to shuffle out, one or two requiring a gentle prod from a broom to remind them that rooms cost thirty gold a night and it was pay up or get on the street.

Finally, once the last man had stumbled his way through the door the Barkeep stacked the last stool on its table and blew the last candle out.

----------------------

It was midday before the sun finally found its way around the large mountains that surrounded and the light finally filtered through to the shops and stall of the harbour.

The barkeep rose from his room and opened the door up. It was time for another day's work to begin.

Sinjo pushed open the rickety doors or the tavern and meandered his way inside. His robes flowed over his stout frame hiding the leather that lay underneath for protection. He approached the barman who had that slightly slack jawed look people still had at times when they saw a Pandaren. Sinjo had grown used to this, even though there were gatherings of his people entering capitals of Azeroth, on the edges of society, he still knew he was a rare sight, he made his violet eyes twinkle and cracked a large grin.

"My friend have I one proposition for you. On my back here" He pointed to the large ornamented keg strapped to his back " has the finest brew you ever tasted. Guaranteed to put hair on your chest and then burn it off." He shrugged the keg off and placed it on the bar. Undoing the sword from the back of the keg he placed it next to him along with his walking staff. Pulling a flask from an unseen pocket he offered it up to the barman. "Go on try it out, I will even sell the whole mix for a few nights stays and a few samples of your own brews." The barman still befuddled took a sip.

Sinjo had to laugh a little as the man ran for it and by the sound of it was looking for something to dose the inferno consuming his airway. Humans he thought, they just cant handle the good stuff, wheres a dwarf when you need one. "O well" he said to no one in particular, and using his staff got himself a stein with a dark amber liquid in it and took a drink. Even though he had been traveling for sometime, this new continent never ceased to give him something to marvel at. By coming here he hoped to meet more locals and engage with others, and maybe even participate in a good old fashioned bar brawl just for fun. As he drank the brew almost without thinking he reached into more unseen pockets adding this and that to his cup. Smacking his lips he looked towards the door waiting for the day to begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the lone figure was making his way to the entrance to the tavern, he suddenly saw a human run out, yelling about water. He watched, befuddled, as the human jumped off the dock right into the bay. Shrugging, he stepped into the tavern, eager for some merry beverages to ease his mind and body from his long travels. The first thing he noticed stepping inside was a male Pandaren, the only being currently in the bar. Smiling at the panda, he made his way to the last seat on the bar. He wasn't shocked by the Pandaren, in fact, he had met a few during his last visit to Stormwind. The figure then lowered his hood and opened his traveling cloak. The figure revealed himself to be a human male, slightly taller than usual human height. He carefully took the heavy two-handed sword off of his back, and lovingly laid it to rest leaded against the bar by his side. He proceeded to wait a few minutes, trying to give the bartender time to return to his job.

Finally, loosing patience, he turned to the Pandaren, who he had noticed had quite an interesting keg. Quite pretty, but I prefer the beauty of that only comes from a lovingly made blade. It makes me wonder though, what is contained inside? Beginning to grow quite thirsty, and having heard of the Pandaren's masterful brews, an idea began to grow in his head.
    "Say there, my fine furry fellow, would you happen to be willing to allow this parched wanderer a small taste of you brew? It seems something scared the bartender off, and I fear I may die from thirst before he finds himself back on dry land."

((New character of mine, I'll have a short bio page for him up shortly.))
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-02 at 03:43 AM.
    My RP Characters:

Sinjo noticed the human walk inside the bar and could only admire the sword strapped to his back. Sinjo had a love of swords, and was always interested in the weapons that others used on their adventures. The man asked for a sample of his wears, which brought an even bigger smile to his face. He was pleased that this human did not have the slack jawed appearance of others and was only happy to be friendly

"Sure my friend" using his walking stick to once again pull a mug from behind the bar, he cracked the top off the keg dipped the mug inside and filled it up. The brew was a fiery orange color, with almost a violet shine when the light danced across it. " I warn you though, this is Sinjo Firestout's famous brew, few outside of dawrves can handle it, though I suspect you will fair better than the poor man outside. My only request in turn is your name." Sinjo smiling slid the mug across the bar to stop perfectly in front of the stranger. " and of course I will show you mine if you show me yours." He bent and lifted the sword and slowly began removing the fabric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyruis notices the Tavern opening up, he gets his hat on "Damn, I need a drink" and walks toward the Tavern, his fox "Ripper" following him, he takes his hat off now that the shade of the tavern is protecting him from the heat, his ponytail flowing as he looks around thinking to himself "As if I didn't have enough animals stopping me from getting here", he quickly changes his mindset and smiles , he turns to the Pandaren, "..Hello, you must be a "Pandaren"?, I've read quite alot about your species and your culture , weird seeing one of you here, ...speaking of culture..I know this might sound out of place..but could I try one of your new brews? ..I'm sure you must have one..not to stereotype or anything." ..Tyruis thinks to himself as he notices he has no idea how to talk to a "Pandaren" since this is the first time he sees one.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen had noticed the pandarens blade wrapped in it's fine fabric, but even his professional curiosity had given way under his thirst from many long hours at the forge. Watching as the pandaren began unwrapping it's blade, the smith smiled at the friendly panda.
    "I will be glad to show off the pride of my craft and the beauty of my blade, but first, allow me to quench my thirst. I have worked many hard hours in the nearby forge, and I worry it might soon take the bay to sate me, if the bartender leaves me any that is." Stephen wrapped his hand around the mug, feeling a warmth emanating from the drink. Not afraid of a little heat, the smith brought to mug to his lips and took several large swallows. As soon as the fiery drink hit the back of his throat, it began to cause a burning sensation going down his throat. It is as if I just took a drink from my forge! This brew is astounding, it packs the full heat and power of fire! Forcing his mouth to remain shut until the forge inside of him moved to his stomach and began to settle, the smith was astonished by how invigorated he felt. Once able to speak again, he turned to the pandaren and looked him in the eye.
    "My friend, this brew is simply masterful. I feel as if I am back in my forge, yet the forge is inside me! I know little of your people, but I hope to one day shake the hand of this Firesnout. Though, perhaps, he should include a warning with his wares, I only barely managed to contain the brew to inside me. And look, even now, it appears as smoke is billowing from deep inside me!" Stephen grabbed the mug once more and took several more gulps, enjoying the warming sensation that spread throughout his body. He reached next to him, carefully taking the hilt of his massive sword in hand and picking up the sword. Lovingly laying it on the bar, he slowly unsheathed his weapon, taking care to allow the light to reflect the surface of the strengthened steel.
    "My name is Stephen Gallister. By choice, by skill, and by love, I am a smith, who travels the lands, working for whomever is willing to pay for my masterpieces. This beauty before me is my most prized creation. Forged within the forges of Ironforge, tempered in the volcano of Blackrock Mountian, steel infused and strengthened with ore of elementium and adamantite. It took me many months of constant work and attention to create a blade of such beauty and power. Made to be light in your hands, quick in action, yet strong in bite, she falls upon her enemies with sudden overwhelming force, much like the warmth and winds of Spring come and overwhelm Winter, casting it away like a bad memory. 'Spring' is her name, inscribed with a design depicting the beauty and power of it's winds as they sweep across the world."

As Stephen finishes introducing his weapon, he notices the presence of another. A fellow human male, a hunter by the looks of his pet and gear. Stephen listened, trying hard not to laugh, as the human attempted to converse with the Pandaren. Addressing the man after he finished making a fool of himself, Stephen sought to warn him of the ale he just requested.
    "Good man, might I suggest two things? First, despite his shape and size, our pandaren friend here is still as much a man inside as you or I, or any other of the civilized races of this world. Second, this ale is truly not for those with the weak of stomach. If it were not due to the resistances bread into me through a life in the forge, I would likely have joined the barkeeper in the bay."
    My RP Characters:

As Sinjo grinned his panda grin at the human taking such deep gulps of his pride and joy brew he noticed another human walk in. Overjoyed that his mission to socialize was clearly going to be a success he listened intently as the man introduced himself. He listened intently as the man spoke and thought to him self Now this is the reaction I normally get.

"Not at all my fine hairless one" Once again he reached for another mug, I hope I can sell some of this brew I'm going to owe the barman a fortune in cleaning fees, he thought to himself. Once again he dipped the mug in the liquid and handed it to the man. Sinjo was impressed with the first human who seemed to geniunly liked the brew. "Well my friend Stephan from the house of Gallister, you need not look far, because I am Sinjo Firestout and you have just drank the finest batch of brew I have ever crafted. Though I see you are a craftsman as well, perhaps in exchange for some of my brew I could tempt you to forge me something, craftsman to craftsman.'

"He is right to warn you" Sinjo said turning to Tyruis. "This is a specially powerful concoction not for the faint of heart, but if you wish try your luck." Sinjo all the time had that giant grin of his, confident and happy as ever he was truly enjoying himself. Perhaps it was this reason he never fit in with the other Pandaren who studied Tushui. Sinjo loved to laugh and have fun, not spend all his time alone in meditation.

" My friend Tyruis any question you wish to ask me, I will do my best to answer it, I am no expert on many things, but I have been a Pandaren for quite sometime."

---------- Post added 2012-09-03 at 12:49 AM ----------

Sinjo had finished unwrapping his blade and showed it to Stephan. "it was a gift from my father before my travels. The blade is made of the little bit of steel Pandaria has to offer. This alone makes it a rare weapon. My father was a wandering warrior and once saved a child's life, the child would later be reunited with his family who happened to be nobles and gifted it to my father in their gratitude. He taught me never withhold a kindness for good chi gives good chi." Sinjo looked lovingly at the blade. "I rarely use it, only in extreme, for to stain it with blood is a sin that I hate to commit."

The blade was long and curved in the Pandaren faction with a bright steel sheen that drank in the light. The handle was covered in a powder blue cloth with gold platted steel for the hand guard. On the very base of the hilt circling around was some precious gem chips to add color.

" It is known as the song blade" Sinjo swung the sword in front of him, making a pleasant whooshing sound.

(( By the way that brew I keep talking about is based on a real drink I've had. Southern Comfort Fiery Pepper, plus a little wild turkey, add in a little Tabasco sauce. It was ridiculous. If you need a reference ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Denholme walked with a soft thudding. His Stonehammer tied loosely on his back, and wearing unusually formal clothes, but with a pair of steel vambraces with a symbol of a straight lined block hammer set in a deep black onyx with a gold outlining. <"Another business trip, another goblin who thinks he is clever,"> he grumbled to himself as a gnome and dwarf followed in behind him. Obviously quite young the both of them dressed in a typical plain clothes. Both trying to speak to Denholme. He grunted and spoke sternly, <"Just go back to the caravan and watch the loaders."> They looked slightly affronted but left quickly out the door.

He looked for the barman but a large bear caught his attention. Damn... He had intended for a quiet drink alone but he had met a few of these bears before. Never much for their company or ways but their brews.....oh by Khaz'Goroth's forge....their brews. He weighed his options but ended on seeing the bear about his brew, after all he wanted a good drink, no? A few humans around the bear but he paid them no mind. He walked up and after the bear waved his sword Denholme spoke up, <"Pandaren, you speak Dwarven?">

(( Just as a reference everything in the <> brackets is Denholme speaking in Dwarven and the Italics is obviously his own thoughts.))

((PS: The word Dwarven is the same word in Common so that should be a good starting point for figuring out what he is asking ^.^))
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-09-03 at 02:33 AM.

Sinjo noticed the dwarf walk in and begin talking to him while his newly made friends where preoccupied. The only word he understood was "dwarven" I really need to learn more of these languages Sinjo thought to himself. "My small in stature, but large in spirit friend, I am unsure what you have just asked me." Sinjo gave him a warm smile thinking all the while the dwarf better know common or hopefully one of his two new friends could assist in translation. He is a dwarf however The thought sprang through his head. Dwarves generally had one main interest the first time they encountered a Pandaren, so why should this one be any different. "Though I speak not your language" Once again dipping a mug into his keg, full to the brim he handed it down to the dwarf. " I have a feeling I can guess what it is you desire."

Hopefully that bar keep gets back soon and will buy what little I have left, already I have given away two fifths of my brew and nothing to show for it, well except excellent company Though Sinjo was happy to make new friends he had rather hoped to use some of the brew in a trade with Stephan and possibly sleep in a real bed for the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denholme took the mug and looked into the deep brown brew. He took a sniff, ah whiskey. It burned good as it went down and had a bit of a sting too it. The grains clearly grew in a more humid region, gave it an extra something for Denholme. Maybe the alcohol was already getting to his head but he figured he shouldn't ignore the conversation. His voice came out a bit more harsh as he spoke common, clearly he had a distaste for it, "Aye, ya already answered ma first and guessed mah second. Name's Denholme Stonehammer. Quite a fine whiskey ya ave here, what do ya call it?" He reached for his belt and undid a pouch as he took another gulp and listened to the bear.
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-09-03 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen was beginning to respond to the Pandaren when he suddenly noticed the Dwarf. Despite the time he spent on and off in the forges of Ironforge, he had never bothered learning their language. It was time better spent smithing than wasting on needless conversation. Allowing the two to share their conversation, he kept one ear on what they were saying, as the rest of his attention turned to both his now half full mug and Sinjo's sword.
    This drink was quite good, perhaps I should see if he could trade me some more for some smithing work. It is probably more profitable to sell arms this day and age than it is to sell brew, even some as masterful as this. Stephen took another swallow, truly enjoying as the inferno of flavor spread through his mouth, down him throat, and into his stomach. Ahh, yes, I will most definitely have to try to acquire more of this. I am amazed to have met such a master of brew at a sailors tavern such as this. The world is truly becoming smaller and smaller, is it not?
    Stephen waited a moment for a lull in the Pandaren's conversation before replying to his previous inquiry.
    "Well then, Sinjo Firebeard, well met indeed. I have no doubt this is your finest brew, it surpasses by far anything I have laid my lips on before, including the best the dwarves have to offer. I am also quite interested in your blade here, for I have never seen it's like before. I would not wish to take it from you, but perhaps you may allow me to inspect it for a short while? A blade as fine as this have always been dear to me." Stephen took another swallow from his mug, noticing with great sadness that the fiery liquid was now almost gone. Thinking upon the offer the Master Brewer had made him, Stephen came to a decision.
    "It would be an honor and a pleasure to forge one of my masterpieces for you, Sinjo. I fear I will have to finish the work the Steamwheedle goblins hired me to complete first, but without issue I should complete that order tomorrow by noon. Perhaps you would be willing to remain in town until then? I can even take care of lodging for the evening, if that aids in your decision."
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-03 at 06:04 AM.
    My RP Characters:

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyruis would unstrap all his weapons from his belt and "hidden" locations and his cloak and place them on the table, he'd take his hat off as his hair flows down, his light beard covers his face as he takes a good taste of the brew, he smiles.."Nice brew...well..I forgot to take something..excuse me for a second..and feel free to look at the weapon" as he runs to the next room and quickly takes as much water as he can fill up his stomach..he comes back out "..Right, what now Gentlemen?"
    Howay the lads!

" I call it the Breath of Fire brew. Mainly because of all brews used it is the best for this purpose." Taking a large gulp and slipping on the gloves hidden in his sleeves, Sinjo positioned himself so an empty fire place was in front of him. Bringing his palms together and connecting the flint on his palms a spark flared and he breather out. Instantly the room was filled with warmth as fire flew from the pandas mouth igniting the fire place into life. Sinjo gave a chuckle and wiped his mouth turning hoping to see he had impressed his new friends.

"My friend Stephan it will be an honor to wield a weapon by you. I would guess you are a sword smith without parallel so I wonder if you will be up to my task all the same." slipping of the gloves he wore he placed them in front of Stephan. "These are very old and I have used them frequently. Perhaps a master smith as yourself could forge me a new pair. My only needs are a hard light material to protect my hands and wrists. They must be flexible, and have a sparking point on the palm for the trick i just showdd you. The rest I leave up to you. And in return for your kindess in a room and board, I will give you what remains in my cask here to drink or share, and I will even offer you another keg full once I am able to brew it. O and also It is Sinjo Firestout, you will have to get my name correct as well."

Sinjo noticed the human return. He was willing to hazard a guess that the brew was a bit much for him but didn't want to insult the man. "We are simply sharing the tools of our trade as it where." Picking up his sword Sinjo handed it also out to Stephan so that he might examine it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Oh dear lord, I typed that up on my smart phone, and it messed up the name that badly? ugh >.>))

Stephen was impressed at the fireball that the pandaren was so easily able to conjure without magic. He should show that to the mages in Stormwind. I'm sure that will knock their pretty little socks off. Then seeing the gloves, he understood how it was so easy. Accepting the sword, he examined it with great professional curiosity. Giving it a few controlled swings, he felt it's weight in his hand, tested it's balance, listened as it sang it's song. Turning his attention back to Sinjo Firestout, he smiled.
    "I am sorry my friend, the brew must have given me a slip of the tongue. I did not mean to offend you. I will gladly craft you another pair of these fine gloves. If you can be without them for the evening, I would like to examine them to better plan a new pair for you." Slipping his hand into a inner pocket of his cloak, Stephen fetched a small coin bag, from which he pulled 30 gold coins. He then, now having felt the song blade in hand, gave it a small toss into the air. as it returned, he caught it on the unsharpened side of the blade, offering the hilt back it it's owner.
    "It is truly a fine weapon. I may have to attempt to mimic it's design one day, with your permission of course. In the meantime, this is the cost of a room at this establishment, that I'm sure the barkeeper will be happy to accept after he manages to drag his soggy self back to his job."
    My RP Characters:

10+ Year Old Account
    "Breath of Fire, fitting." Denholme watched as Sinjo demonstrated his special trick. Didn't impress him but the human seemed taken by it. "Fancy trick but I hope you don't do much drinking in the battlefield." He pulled out a solid 5 by 1 inch cylinder of titansteel out of his pouch. A brilliant blue scratched along the gray surface, polished to give it a very pleasant appeal. "Sorry no gold on meh now, but for the right buyer this should more than compansat yah." He also pulled out a small card and handed it with the cylinder. "If yah eva find yaself in Ironforge and a spare barrel wit yah." On the card was a symbol just the same as on his gauntlets, a straight lined block hammer set in a deep black onyx with a gold outlining, and an address in Ironforge.

Suddenly the human became interesting though, a blacksmith eh? He let the young man finish and then spoke up, "So yah ben forgin long, yung man?"
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-09-04 at 12:04 AM.

"No offense taken, feel free to keep the gloves as long as you need." SInjo was pleased with how his conversation had gone. "I thank you for the gold to stay and here drink your fill, and of course I will need the keg back, it is very valuable to me." Sinjo recieved his blade back and delicately wrapped it back in its linen while he listened to the dwarf.

"Well i certainly will remember and be sure to pay a visit when my adventures take me to the mountains." Sinjo said as he placed the coin into his pocket. "As for drinking on the battlefield, well I am known to indulge in the heat of the moment. The way of the brewmaster is different from many ways the people fight here I have noticed. A Pandarens brew can grant strength and courage to a warrior, without the most debilitating effects. And I have demonstrated how useful it can be on occasion."

Sinjo listened intently as the dwarf begin to speak of smithing with Stephan, always interested in other craftsman's talks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to become at all interested in the dwarf, Stephen turns to look at him. While listening to Sinjo, he took a moment to inspect the finely dressed little man, Stephen noticed the dwarfs hands, scarred in a similar way to his hands and arms, a way any long-time Blacksmiths was.
    "Since as long as I can remember, and even before then, my father brought me out to watch him work wonders with metals of all kinds. How about yourself, old dwarf?"

Before waiting for an answer, he turned to the brew master, eager not to offend his new acquaintance and employer.
    "Of course, my friend, I doubt I have anything of similar value, other than Spring here. And she is defiantly remaining close to my hand. But think nothing of it, I am eager to enjoy more of your Breath of Fire brew. It makes me feel back home in the forge, but is much more portable." Grinning, Stephen finished what was left in his mug in one large gulp, before refilling it with more of the fiery drink.
    My RP Characters: