Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Denholme raised an eyebrow. Old? Well to most humans he would be considered old. Still wasn't too used to the human ways. "Well sinc I wer born. Ben a family traditon since before we even know." He took another long draw of the fire brew. "So yah cling to weapons? Or do yah apply yer craft to everythin? I mean like....statues, chests and the like?" He wondered this about all the blacksmiths he met. Few now-a-days actually took work for the people. It was all about the war for most. Nothing necessarily negative about it but it meant something to Denholme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen smiled at the dwarf as he took a drink, still highly enjoying the brew. Of course he has been, what dwarf has not? Then again, many are still not as good as I, even with several more decades under their belt. "I can understand that, it is the same for many of your kind I hear. I can't say of any earlier than my father, but he was the one who taught me all I knew. As for what I craft... A better question is what I don't. As my cloak implies, I travel quite frequently. Wandering from town to town, city to city, taking in the sights, and crafting whatever is needed. Right now the goblins need repairs made to their weapons and armor, so I've been taking care of that these last few days at their forge. While my passion is for blades, I take pride in all my work, and that is anything from armor and guns to horse shoes and belt buckles." Having finished answering the dwarfs question, Stephen took several large gulps before firing back his own question. "What of you? By your hands, you show your a smith, but by your clothing, it appears otherwise."
    More like a merchant is you ask me, especially the way he dealt with Sinjo. A true smith, I find, rarely leaves his forge, and even rarer dresses as such. Especially for mere goblins.
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-04 at 03:20 AM.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

The air became frigid for a moment as a dark-clad figure stepped in to the bar. He was powerfully built, with a demonic full-helm covering his face and a jagged, two-handed greatsword of elven make sheathed on his back. Through the eyeslits of his helm, the two orbs visible within glowed a sharp, vibrant azure.
    The Sin'dorei Death Knight took another step forward, his dark grey-and-black plate clinking. His boots thunked with every step, causing the ground beneath his feet to freeze. The ice, however, dissipated as soon as he lifted his foot.
    He froze, examining the bar's patrons before moving again. A human, dwarf, and . . . Pandaren? The hell? He'd only ever heard of the Pandaren, but had never actually seen one. He was a hard person to shock, but the death knight stood in surprise at the pandaren that stood before him, sharing a brew with both the human and dwarf.
    The dwarf intrigued him the most, he found himself thinking - Even more than the pandaren. Dressed in fancy clothing yet seeming an entirely different person, he caused Lethean to wonder. Blinking a few times, he hesitated, then approached, slowly and cautiously. "Greetings," he spoke, his tone eery and echoing. "How do you three fare today?"

Sinjo watched as the figure approached. An intimidating presence to be sure. Sinjo had only met a few death knights on his travels, he currently had nothing against, them but felt that most had a bit of a dramatic edge to them what with all the over stating that they are dead. But always wanting to seem friendly he gave a smile to the new comer. " I fair very well my friend from beyond the grave. It is a shame you walked in so late, for i just sold the rest of my drink to this young man." Sinjo gave a wave in Stephans direction. Perhaps if you ask nicely he will share some brew and put a little heat in those veins.

One thing Sinjo had always wanted to do was fight a death knight. Most of the other inhabitants he had a good grasp on how combat should work, but these undead he was not so sure about being nothing like them on Pandaria. But compared to the Sha he didn't think they were particularly menacing. Perhaps once I get a new set of gloves from Stephan I will have to seek a death knight out and offer to spar, just to get the feel, he thought to himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching as the death knight entered, Stephen gave no outward response to his appearance. Death Knights will be Death Knights, at least smiths like me make good money off of their ridiculous apparel. Though that chill is entirely unnecessary. Taking a drink of his brew, Stephen enjoyed the heat pushing back the icy chill the death knight brought to the room.
    "I fared better, before someone decided to let loose a chill in the room. As for the brew, I would offer you some, though I fear you may melt from it. Then again, it may stop some of this accused cold yer spreading." It was not that Stephen could not stand the cold, but it was not a temperature who enjoyed, especially when it wasn't required.
    My RP Characters:

10+ Year Old Account
    "Aye, unfortunately these goblin traders force mah to dress this way." He shook his head and continued. "They think we all be drunk smiths and can take advantag of meh gold becaus of it. Bah they don't kno a Stonehammer though." Denholme finished off his mug. "I lost a good deal the day the earth broke....too muc....but that is anothr story. It has forced me to be not mehself more than I care. The cost of running yur own forge."

Denholme rolled his shoulders but other than that took no notice of the Deathknight and waited politely for Stephen to finish with his new acquaintance.

Lethean found himself smiling beneath his helm. They think the chill is intolerable. Take dying twice. Now that's a game.
    "I'll pass on that brew of yours," he said, keeping his tone neautral. "And not because of the heat, nor the very-likely massive alchohol content." He eyed the pandaren curiously, noticing that he was looking the death knight up and down, almost as if examining him and judging his battle prowess. On reflex, Lethean squared his shoulders and stood a little straighter, accustomed to such a judging, as his superiors had done the same to him.
    Indeed, he thought, fully aware that the pandaren was watching him carefully. The only part of him visible through the armour was his glowing eyes. I've faced this scenario more times that I could care to recall. Amusing, that I now face it again, this time under the gaze of a panda.
    As if he could sense the pandaren's thought, he felt his smirk widen. "Well, you may believe the chill is a tad too much," he said to Stephan, his tone dark yet amused. "I, for one, personally think this blasted place is a little to warm." He stood easily, the floorboards beneath his feet frozen solid, yet somehow he still kept his footing effortlessly.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen scowls at the death knight, having lost any and all interest in him. Waste of time, likely nothing but rotten brains in his skull. He took a long drink from his mug before turning to the dwarf. Having heard his story, a bit more respect grew in Stephen for the older smith. Perhaps not completely bad, though more a merchant than I tend to like.
    "The goblins have never had that opinion of me, nor would I let them. Smiths don't always come down to these parts, so when an experienced one does, they can normally command a fair share for their work. Especially when they know what nails to hit. The sundering changed a great deal, but it also brought forth more business, so I can't complain."
    My RP Characters:

" So tell me Smith Denholme, what has brought you here. It would seem Stephan has come to fix arms and armor, so what do the goblins need your surely impressive skills for? If you don't mind me asking of course."

It was about this time that the barman finally returned, slightly damp to stand behind the bar. He eyes Sinjo warily, but softened up as Sinjo slid him the money Stephan had given him and negotiated a room for the night while he waited for Denholme to answer.

Sinjo had turned from the death knight. Not having his favorite weapon it would not be worth it to start a fight, especially since there would only be training purposes for it, and with the death knights reaction to his gaze he didn't think this was someone who would just spar, but take an unchecked blow to personally. Though confident as always he would more than hold his own, it wasn't worth the risk especially with only his bambus staff to fight with.

Lethean found himsef slightly amused with Stephen, and faced the human. "You seem irritated with me, my friend," he said, forcing himelf to not grit his teeth using the term, as, to him, these three were aythin but. "Mind teling me what I'm doing wrong?"
    He realized the pandaren was still eyeing him with interest. Curious fellow. Almost . . . dangerously so. "Interesting, to see a pandaren here. What brings you here, if you don't mind me wondering?"
    As for the dwarf, Lethean had slowly lost interest in him. A dwarven smith who dresses pretty for goblins and other varied merchants. Could stir mu curosity less.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

"o we pandaren have slowly began reentering the world. Im just a little ahead of my brethran. As for me I keep to the proud traditions of the brewmaster I travel , I adventure, I brew, I drink, I fight it's the simple life for me" Sinjo said all of this with a grin showing all his dangerously pointed teeth,but in an attempted pleasent way. Sinjo didn't care for this death knight, what was it was it a legitamate bad feeling, or just the cold he wasn't sure. If it came to anything he would protect his new friends. "tell me what brings one as you down to this locality. Since I was pleasent enough to answer you of course"

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen half-grinned at the Pandaren's response. Without looking at the death knight, Stephen added his own comment before taking a swig of his brew.
    "I was wondering the same, Sinjo. Especially since, as he says, it is too warm for him here. Why not be somewhere more to his liking?"
    My RP Characters:

Lethean chuckled at Stephen's tone. "Oh, well, you see, with little to do nowadays, what is better than to linger in bars like this, making pleasant talk with your fellow patrons and sharing drinks?" He paused to grab a chair and sit. "Not that I can get drunk, of course. Still, couldn't hurt to have a little fun, now could it?" he said pointedly, looking at Sinjo.
    "And what of you, dwarf?" he asked, turning his head in the dwarf's direction. "You seem like a curious fellow. Clearly a skilled smith, yet dressed like a merchant."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

" I think the brew has slowed our stout friend. It is true that my brew can get the better of you, if your not prepared." Sinjo smiled stated sagely waving his paws this way and that. "Tell me death knight I don't believe you have properly introduced yourself, my name is Sinjo Firesout. You answered my question but indeed you where as vague as I. Perhaps more detail. We both know Stephan is here to assist goblins with his skills. I have personally come to this climate to look for new ingredients for my brew. I hope to meet some pirates who may have some special spices from around Azeroth. As well as see what the jungle can yield me." Sinjo stated taking a drink from his mug which was dangerously low. " Does work bring you here or simply wandering? Or perhaps I have a better idea." Sinjo said with a grin his new idea seemed like a lot of fun. "Perhaps if you'll be so kind to pay the barman for a round of drinks, we could each tell a story of our adventures. Our quests make us who we are, and in telling a story we can learn a bit more about each other." SInjo looked around hoping his friends would like this idea, perhaps it could get them out of this lull in conversation. At least until someone else came in, which Sinjo hoped would happen soon.

Lethean shrugged. "My prolonged waiting to introduce myself may have been of my own accord. Nevertheless, you've been hospitible enough to share your name." He dug out a few gold coins and, turing to the barman, tossed them his way, nodding. Turing back to the small group, he searched the pandaren's eyes losely from behind the cover of his full helm. "My name is Lethean. To be perfectly honest with you, I have no work to be completed at this moment. I'm simply wandering, for now." He refused to say more, wary of the others.
    If I accidently give away what I'm up to, Highlord Morgraine will have my head, he thought, reaching his hand out as a mug of ale was placed within reach. He wrapped his fingers around the mug's handle and pulled it to him. Bad enough they are strongly curious as to why a death knight's here in the first place.
    He set the mug down at his feet, then reached up to pull his helmet off. As he did, he revealed pale, peach-coloured skin, barely affected by his transition from life to death. His hair, black as night, was long and done up in a ponytail. He placed the helmet beside the mug, which he then lifted up and took a sip from.
    The doors rattled.
    Lethean looked up, glanced at them, then sighed to himself, suddenly irrtated. The sudden change in his mood resulted in another drop of the room's tempature, as he rolled his eyes and took another sip of his ale.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Sinjo smiled, the death knight must be warming up to them, well figuratively speaking of course. After all he had finally removed his helm, and the room go colder, which Sinjo reasoned, since death knights liked the cold, maybe he was just getting comfortable. "Well Lethean it is pleasant to meet such a hero as you. You are eloquently armed, so though you say you have no work, I think you must, unless your paranoid of attack in this setting. I mean to carry a sword like myself or say Stephen here, is one thing to dress in full combat attire seems another, though if you wish not to share I shall not make you.

"However, I do find myself for hire presently, in between work as well and money dangerously low, though Stephan has paid me for my brew it wont stretch farther than a stay at the inn. Anything you might need help doing." Sinjo seriously hoped his offer. One he'd make some gold, possibly, two he might get to see the death knight fight which would be fun, three adventure was fun, and four maybe he'd find some ingredients for a new brew.

Lethean chuckled. "Hmmph. Paranoia seems to be to blame, according to you. Well, I, for one, am anything but. It is simply put that we death knights aren't known to make ourselves comfortable anywhere, at any point and time." He took another sip of his ale. "However, I must point out that I am anything but a hero, if you recall what my kind has done in the past. Then again, being a pandaren, I doubt you will."
    He found himself amused by the pandaren's offer. For hire? What is he suggesting; I hire him to fight for me? Pfft... it's almost an insult. He's saying - whether unintentionally or not - that I can't fight my own battles. He paused in his thoughts, sipping his beer. Then again, he could be serious, and just wants to make some easy gold. I'm sure I could find a few things for him to kill, pay him off and be rid of him, and he can run off in the sunset, his bag of gold safe and secure in his little paws.
    "I'll have to think on that one," he said aloud, swiring the contents of his half-drained mug in thought... or, atleast, he hoped that was what it looked like he was doing.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Deleted
    The door of the cavern opened and a female blood elf walked inside, Armored in heavy steel she walked further into the cavern. The sound of the heavy boots that stepped on the wooden floor can be heard through the hole inn. Laying her shield and sword against the bar and started to look around her. While she comforts herself on the chair the blood elf grabbed something from her back and throws some coins on the bar. With a tired voice she speaked to the bartender. "Give me a keg of thunder ale " Saying this with a tired voice, how long was it ago she stopped to rest one day two days? well she finnaly arrived at the place she has to be.

Putting of her helmet and placed it on the bar she waited for her drink.

(( it was time i get back to rp again ^^))

10+ Year Old Account
    Stephen listened to the conversation between the Pandaren and Death Knight without much interest, and soon found his thoughts slipping away on him. After taking another swig from his mug and feeling the familiar warmth, he pulled out Sinjo's old gloves, and began pondering how to best recreate them. I should probably go have a word with some of the merchants here. I'll need one of the feline hides from the area, anything else would be too think and hard for flexibility, or too thin and soft for defense and holding the metal. As for the metal, some high quality steel with high amounts of iron should do the trick. But maybe I can see if one of the traders has any titanium, titanium plated steel should be able to withstand the stress easily, and create plenty of bright, hot sparks.
    So lost in thought, as he becomes at times when dealing with his craft, Stephen didn't notice the new arrival until she spoke. Looking up, his first notice was her steel armor and weaponry. Large and heavy, it was not equipment most wore on travels unless they knew trouble would find them. Interested, if mainly because of her steel, he took another swallow of the fiery drink from his mug, waiting for Sinjo to start up conversation as he had every patron before.
    My RP Characters:

Lethean's eyes snapped to the female Blood Elf as she entered. She looked weary, armoured in heavy steel and equipped with a large sword and shield. He cocked an eyebrow curiously, then shrugged to himself, sipping his beer. Just like the rest of us; she's a smart one, he thought, looking away.
    Pyromaniac protégé.