Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Neyira's head snapped up, and she slowly lowered her mug. Lethean looked to see what caught her gaze, and saw the newcomer, a male night elf. Lethean was going to dismiss it, when he noticed Neyira staring at him rather . . . Oddly.
    "What?" he asked her in a hushed tone, avoiding looking at the newcomer. "It's a night elf. You know . . . elf, violet skin. Kind of like you."
    Neyira ignored him, narrowing her eyes. "No duh," she snapped back softly. "Thanks for stating the obvious." She shook her head. "It's not that. I don't know . . . maybe I'm just paranoid."
    "Or shaken from earlier, perhaps?" he suggested, taking a sip of his ale. "It's a night elf. Leave him be. We've stirred enough trouble for today."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levi noticed Neyira looking at him from the corner of his eye, Well well, she has a keen eye I must say. He took a small drink from his mug of ale, shaking his head slightly before saying in a, maybe too loud, voice "Definitly not a wine." He downed the whole thing, just to get it out of the way. "Well, next time I'm bringing my own wine," he said in the same voice as before. He looked over to Lethean and Neyira through the corner of his eye, and Neyira was still looking at him, well, that is gonna be an intresting talk if anything, he thought to himself.

Lethean, after five minutes or so, glanced at Neyira, only to see she was still staring at the night elf. Rolling his eyes, he elbowed her, and she elbowed him back, hard. He grunted and rolled his eyes again. "You two just going to stare at each other all day?" he asked in a quiet voice, making it sound as sarcastic as possible. Neyira ignored him, narrowing her eyes further, as if she was trying to decipher the other night elf.
    Lethean shook his head. "Unbelievable."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levi, speaking in a low voice, just high enough for Neyira to pick it up, said "are you going to continue staring at me, or are you going to talk?" He turned his head towards her, and tilted it a little to the left and put on a questioning expression to go with the question. He keeps the look untill Neyira responds..

Neyira's sensitive ears twitched. "Are you going to continue staring at me, or are you going to talk?" The other night elf tilted his head towards her, a curious expression on his violet-skinned face. Neyira met his gaze, narrowing her eyes further, then, dawning with realization, they widened slightly.
    Lethean caught the other night elf staring back at her now, and he seemed to be mouthing something. "Oh, for the love of things holy and forsaken alike," he snapped, turning and looking back over the bar, drinking his ale. Children. They act like children... Unbelievable.
    Neyira stood, then murmured to Lethean, "I'll be right back." She walked slowly over to the other night elf, looking for another chair on her way. When she reached him, she pulled it over and sat down, just across from him. "I know what you are," she whispered to him as she sat, gazing in to the night elf's curious eyes.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I also know what you are, but that's not as important is it?" Levi said, in a calm voice. "What's with your friend though, he doesn't seem too.. Happy about the way you act." Lethean inspected his hands to make sure they didn't get too dirty, cleaning some dirt from underneath one of his nails. "Well, I'd offer you a drink if it weren't for this hole not having some decent wine." Levi sighed a little and looked at the door.

Neyira didn't smile. "Hmmph. Indeed, this hellhole-excuse of a tavern has little that could please one." She looked around for a moment, then found her gaze returning to the night elf's. "I, ah... Must admit. I am quite intrigued at your presence. It is not known for, ah... One of such significance to dwell here." She lowered her voice more, realizing that Lethean was still turned away, grumbling to himself. "Hm. Leth is a little... Worrisome. You see, though I am his elder by many years, our friendship is one of a, ah, mentor and pupil - I find myself in the position of pupil... Not that I mind it at all." She paused, looking down. She stared at her hands, a memory coming back to her, before she shook her head, which tossed a lock of silky white hair across her face. She looked back up, her tone soft. "I'm Neyira... It's a pleasure meeting a dragon. It isn't the first time I have, which is why I recognized you so quickly. I've, ah... Actually befriended one of your kind, through an accidental meeting in Dragonblight a couple years ago," she murmured, raising an eyebrow. "What's your name?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    The boy tried to shout, but the blood in his mouth muffled his cries. He could do little but undergo the torment.
    Another kick, followed by yet another. He had lost count. His whole body felt like it was collapsing into itself.

Why?

Why would he do this to me? What have I done wrong?

He knew there was no answer. This was just mindless violence. His attacker wanted to unleash his rage, and he was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. He tried to stand up, but was quickly smacked to the ground again.

I'm going to die here. I'm going to die and there's nothing I can do.

Tears filled his eyes. He heard the boy laughing, at least someone was having a good time.
    Just when he thought it was all over, he could hear a faint cry in the distance.

"Stop it! leave the kid alone, Rhoan."

Rhoan awoke abruptly. His face covered in sweat. He had almost fallen off his chair, and the loud cry he let out had startled nearly everyone in the room. Tears were slowly dripping from his chin. He quickly wiped them away, trying to act as if nothing had happened.

"Barkeep," He said, "fill me up, please."
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-10-23 at 11:17 PM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

While Neyira spoke with the other night elf, Lethean sat, infuriated with a number of things. He swirled the contents of his mug, impatient and growing angrier by the second.
    Neyira's running off talking to strangers, our contact has yet to arrive, Highlord Morgraine may be losing confidence in me and Neyira's ability to carry out his work, and our target's likely halfway across the sea by now! He growled deep in his throat, setting his mug down and placing his head in his hands.
    A sudden cry shook him from his revere. He sat up straight and spun around on the seat, seeing the drunk human from before wake up in surprise. The human sat, shaken for a moment, then said, "Barkeep, fill me up, please."
    Lethean stared for a second, then turned away. "Crazy, irresponsible, lowlife humans," he muttered to himself, resting most of weight onto his elbow as he leaned forwards, staring into his mug. "Then again, I suppose I'm not all that clean, now am I? Thankfully, no one here knows of my past but for Neyira." He could hear her and the other night elf speaking in hushed tones; his attuned hearing could pick up noises from outside the tavern, for Azeroth's sake. He just shook his head. She'd better be ready to leave as soon as our contact arrives.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Neyira, eh? Pretty name, I like it. Anyways, you can call me Levi or Lev." He was interupted by the drunken human who awoke, "oh, for the love of the dragon queen!" He whispered. "I'm just here to pass some time, there isn't exactly a whole lot going on at the moment. Well, besides the mortals getting drunk and fighting each other, which is good for a laugh once in a while" he continued. "Well, what brings you and your friend here?"

Neyira's cheeks actually darkened. "Thanks," she murmured, keeping her tone quiet. She, too, noticed the human, and sighed to herself as Lev mumbled. The corners of her mouth twitched upward. "Indeed, I'd assume it'd be a laugh to your kind." She paused. "Me and Leth... ah," she stammered, trying to find a reason. He shouldn't mind if I tell Lev. It's not like what we're doing is really top secret or anything. "We were sent by the Knights of the Ebon Blade to capture a Scarlet Crusader whom Highlord Morgraine wishes to confront. Unfortunately, we discovered his plan to escape to Kalimdor and go into hiding. We required some information regarding this Scarlet Crusader, but our contact has yet to arrive." She found herself mildly irritated as she recognized this fact.

((I'm writing up another BIO, which will be their contact and friend. ))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Hehe, okay then.))

A Blood elf walked through the door to the tavern. Her blond hair in a small pony tail, just barely touching her shoulders in legth, sticking out from the back of her head. She was wearing a small sigil from the Argent Crusade, using it to keep her cloak up. She didn't look around for long before noticing Levi, and quickly walked over to sit at his table. "Long time no see Lev," she said, "you too Vel," he responded. "Well, what bring you here Vel?" Levi asked, before she could ask him the same. "Nothing special really, I just like this area, and it happened to be the first bar I stumbled upon here," her answer sounded. "I'd ask you the same, but you just say what we wan't to hear, hardly ever the truth.. Who are you?" Velexis asked and turned her head to Neyira.

((Can't have too many paladins, can we?))

Neyira glanced in curiosity at the blood elf paladin. Velexis... That name sounds familiar. She cocked her head questioningly. "My name is Neyira. I... " She trailed off, thinking hard. Although I have no memory of ever seeing this paladin, she seems familiar. Oh well. She shook her head, the corners of her mouth curving upward slightly. "Neyira. Pleased to meet you."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Pleased to meet you Neyira," She said. "Well, I almost forgot," Levi gave a deep sigh as he knew what question was coming next, "What're you doing here Lev?" Levi rolled with his eyes, I knew it he thought to himself. "Do you expect me to give you an honest answer or the same answer I give you all the time?" he asked her back. "Well an honest answer would be nice for once, but I can't expect you to give me one." Levi laughed a little, "that is true. You can't. Well, I'm here because I'm bored." Vel gave a small sigh, "same response as always, atleast get a little more creative once in a while, would you?" Levi gave a small chuckle.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-10-25 at 09:06 PM.

The door to the tavern swung open.
    The tempature of the air dropped even more as a third death knight walked into the tavern. An orc, this time, male, he stood at just over seven feet, wearing plate armor that marked him as a Knight of the Ebon Blade. A two-handed axe inscribed with crimson runes was strapped to his back, and his head was uncovered. Grey hair stood spiked up in a mowhawk, and a ragged beard covered his chin. His skin, pale and decaying, was scarred from his previous life, including his childhood... A childhood he had little memory of.
    Gorthrak Lightrender stopped just inside the tavern, letting the door swing closed of its own accord. Immediately, he spotted Lethean, seated at the bar, and Neyira, talking with a night elf and blood elf. The tavern's other patrons included a few other humans, elves, and a pandaren, which piqued Gorthrak's curiosity.
    Not now, fool, he thought, growling. Worry about the bear later. Gorthrak walked up to Lethean, who had turned around to glance at the 'newcomer,' and a grin split the sin'dorei's face.
    "Gorthrak," he said, sounding relieved. "I thought you'd never arrive."
    Gorthrak grunted, shrugging. "Got delayed. Makes no difference, 'cause our little friend ain't goin' nowhere anytime soon." He paused, looking at Neyira, who still spoke with the other night elf and blood elf, seemingly unaware that he'd arrived. "You guys been waitin' here long?" he asked, crossing his arms.
    Lethean nodded slightly. "A while. Neyira's impatience has almost spoiled us a few times, but she's held together."
    Gorthrak chuckled. "And you?"
    "Me?" Lethean snorted. "I may have lost that virtue through my ordeal, but I'm certainly capable of waiting in silence, if it pleases the Highlord."
    "Never knew you thought of Morgraine so highly," Gorthrak remarked, taking a seat beside Lethean and tossing a few gold coins onto the bar. Moments later, a mug of powerful ale was pressed into his open palm. "I'm assuming you want the information you've been waitin' for all day?"
    "That would be a relief, yes," Lethean nodded, draining the last bit of his own ale and setting the mug down. Gorthrak sipped his own.
    "Right. Well, let's get onto the matter at hand, shall we?" The orc reached down and pulled up a map. He moved his mug aside, as Lethean did the same with his and his helmet, and Gorthrak unrolled the map and lay it out flat on the counter. They both leaned in closer and inspected it.
    Lethean traced his finger along Silverpine Forest. The map was of the Eastern Kingdoms and part of the Great Sea. Almost every spot on the map was marked with a name and coordinates. "You, my friend, have been doing quite a bit of exploring recently."
    Gorthrak smiled. His chipped yellow tusks curved upward with the gesture. "Little else is there to do during such serene times. Sure, I could be charging into battle with the Horde, hacking away at the Alliance, but what would that accomplish me, hmm?" He narrowed his eyes at Stranglethorn, divided into two seperate zones due to the Shattering almost a year ago, when Deathwing had returned to Azeroth. He poked the edge of the Vile Reef with the tip of his index finger. "The mark's supposed to be here. He had two of his friends wait there with a boat... Or so we'd discovered." He looked up, meeting Lethean's eyes. "Unfortunately for us, he led us on a false trail. His true location is actually here," and he pushed the tip of his ring finger into a small point, marked in red ink, just behind Gurabashi Arena, "as is his means of travel. He isn't travelling by boat, despite the truth of the letter we found off of one of his bodyguards." Gorthrak paused, raising an eyebrow. "Actually, there's a gryphon waiting there for him... Or there was, anyhow."
    "What do you mean, 'there was?'" Lethean asked, squinting at the tiny mark indicated by the orc. Gorthrak chuckled quietly.
    "This is what I meant by saying he was going nowhere fast. I didn't come alone, Leth." He shook his head. "I was accompanied by two other Ebon Blade death knights. While I made my way here, I sent them to the Crusader's mount, and had them dispose of it. They agreed to travel back to Acherus after the deed was done, as the Crusader isn't supposed to arrive for another half hour. By then, we three should be there, set up and ready to sedate him and bring him to Acherus."
    Lethean nodded thoughtfully. "Well thought out, Gorthrak." He grinned, then frowned. "That still doesn't explain why you took your sweet time getting to Booty Bay."
    Gorthrak stifled a laugh. "That, my friend, I'll tell you on the way back to the Plaguelands. 'Till then, I suggest we pack up our stuff and go." He rolled up the map and stowed it away, then took his ale and gulped it back, setting the empty mug back onto the counter. Lethean nodded as Gorthrak stood, stretching his back muscles.
    "Very well. If you wish to wait outside, I will not stop you. I'll gather up Neyira, and we'll be off." He replied, retrieving his helmet and standing. Gorthrak nodded, turned and strode to the doorway. Upon passing Neyira, he noticed that the night elf she spoke to seemed... Different from the rest. He stopped for a moment, cocking his head, then shrugged to himself and exited the tavern.
    Lethean stood there, helm in hand, watching Neyira as she conversed with the other night elf, and now a fellow sin'dorei. He cocked his eyebrow at the paladin who had joined them.
    Do I know her from somewhere? he thought to himself. She seems familiar for some reason. Maybe during me and Neyira's conjoined assault on a Scourge fortress with the Argent Crusade? Oh well. Who cares right now? He pulled his helm on and approached them. He hesitated as he heard their words traded, then steeled himself for the job ahead. "Neyira," he said, tapping her on the shoulder. Neyira halted in mid-sentence, turning her head. "Time to go. Gorthrak's waiting outside."
    Neyira seemed to be confused for a moment, then her eyes widened as realization dawned on her. "He's here? I didn't even notice him walk in."
    "We've already discussed our next course of action, and have our plan laid out. I'm sure Gorthrak will explain on the way, but for now, we have to move."
    Neyira seemed disappointed, but chose not to argue with him. She stood, and found that Lethean had grabbed her helm as well. He handed it to her, and she took it, pulling it over her head. "Goodbye, Lev... And you too, Vel. I'm sure we'll meet again one day, perhaps." She turned and saw Lethean was already heading out the door, and she hurried to follow him.

((Idk what other char to bring in. My rogue's out fighting for his life in two different scenarios, my mage is lost somewhere, and my hunter is out chasing my rogue. Lmao. Now, all three of my dks are out to fight a Scarlet Crusader. I need to make a char that I can use for everyday-Rp's haha.))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Well, yeah. I can't really have my dragon and paladin just sit here and talk to themselves untill your characters stop working, can I?))

((Screw it I'll just bring in my mage haha.))

It wasn't long after the trio of death knights left that the tavern door swung open once again. This time, a young human dressed in Kirin Tor battle-mage robes walked through. The hood of his cloak was pulled up, shadowing his features, but light brown locks of curly hair could be seen matted to the mage's forehead.
    His build was lanky but well-toned beneath his battle-robes, and a sword was sheathed on his right hip. Without looking around the tavern, he walked straight up to the bar and dropped three gold coins onto the wooden counter.
    "Whatever you've got that'll get me smashed," he said in a smooth but young voice. The barkeep nodded, and disappeared for a moment before returning. A mug full of frothing ale was dropped onto the counter, and the gold was swept off into his hand.
    "Thanks, lad," the barkeep said in a gruff voice, disappearing again. The mage took his mug by the handle and turned, searching for a lone chair, secluded from the rest of the tavern's patrons. He found one, but then paused, noticing a female blood elf paladin and a male night elf, seated facing each other, talking. He was about to dismiss it, but stopped himself.
    He closed his eyes, feeling the power of the night elf's aura. The strength of the wave of magic that slammed into him at that moment was unfathomable. He almost staggered were it not for his incredible self-control. He took care to not spill a drop of his drink, then looked around again. He noticed a third chair, empty, that was just beside the blood elf. It was empty, but he could sense one had been there not too long ago.
    The death knights I passed earlier, perhaps? he thought to himself, growing curious. The magical aura emanating from that chair isn't one I'm familiar with... Not that it matters, really. He stopped, finding himself caught up thinking too much, once again. He shook his head and approached the two.
    "Either of you mind if I join you?" he asked slowly, standing beside the empty chair, his left hand on the head of it. He hadn't taken a sip of his ale yet; his throat was not actually dry yet. At first, he'd paid for it because he felt like a cool drink. But now, he figured that if he was going to be talking for the next hour or so, that a drink would actually be handy.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tavern doors opened once again, and Ralof walked inside in a slow manner. He was still holding his forehead with his right palm, moaning. Upper half of his body was soaked wet, obviously by the barkeeper's bucket of water. "Damn.." he said in a calm voice, contrary to his earlier entry, and continued "You old geezer.. Didn't have to wash me altogether.." as he whined. He took a few more steps inside, and looked around. There were still some people inside that he had harrassed earlier. He raised his head and said calmly, but as loud as anyone could hear inside, "I am sincerely sorry for.. For anything i might have done half an hour ago or so.. I was.. Ugh, anyways.. Barkeep! Serve everyone a drink, on me!". Then he slowly walked towards the bar, murmuring to himself "I hope that would be enough of an apology.". Then he realised the forsaken shadow priest and paladin were still sitting at the corner. He walked over and while looking at the paladin he said "May i have a seat, sire?".

10+ Year Old Account
    Levi looked at the mage for a short while, and was about to speak when Ralof came through the door again. Oh god, him again. Let's hope he's more sober now than last time. As Ralof finished talking, he returned his gaze to the mage as Velexis spoke, "you may have a seat mage. Atleast if it's okay with you Lev?" Levi gave a smile and a nod, "do sit if that pleases you. I have no reason to keep you standing."

Darren Frostwhisper smiled beneath his hood. "Many thanks, friends." He sat down, taking a sip of his ale. His hood still pulled close to his face, it kept his features shadowed. as he kept his gaze on the light brown liquid inside his mug. "My apologies; where are my manners? I am Darren Frostwhisper," he said, his smile widening. He took another sip of his ale, and lowered the mug, resting it on his knee.
    Pyromaniac protégé.