Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another wave of laugher followed as Ralof tried to mimic the Highborne while saying "Questionable?", then he added "Well my friend, you can be sure that i am sober if i have not pointed a gun at your face so far." with another giggle. "There is an Highlands saying about alcohol: It is the root of all evil, as it makes you shoot other people, and worse, it makes you miss 'em." he said and while trying to contain his laughter he drank half of his mug. Then his gaze gotten a lot serious and he said "You mentioned plague. Were you at Lordaeron when it broke out?" meanwhile thinking "This guy is either a charlatan, masquareding to us, or the real deal, beyond what he looks like. Let's see how he handles the question.".

The mage sighed. "No, I am afraid I was not at Lordaeron at the time the plague erupted. I was in Kalimdor, assisting my people in their struggle against the demons even though they no longer accepted my kind. I had colleagues in the Kirin Tor in Dalaran, though... Many good men were lost during that horrible time."

((Hey, just a question, but wasn't the rise of the Horde before the War of the Ancients? I may be wrong - I'm still trying to get caught up in my WoW lore. xD.))

Darren nodded slowly. "The dragonflights have been known in the past to favour certain mortals... although I suppose at the time the kaldorei were immortal, were they not?" Sighing and shaking his head, tiredness still evident in both his tone and expression. "It's been years since I've studied. Too many days earning awful gold in mercenary work, and way too many nights spent in taverns, drinking myself dead." Darren scowled. "Maybe one of these days, I'll go and do something productive." He shook his head again, returning his attention to the night elf. "Anyway, please go on. My ramblings are petty, are they not?"
    Pyromaniac protégé.

((War of the Ancients was the one right before the Sundering, orcs haven't made it to Azeroth quite yet))

His eyes losing focus, the elf became lost in his memories. "Many of the Night Elves then considered magic-users to be just as evil as the Burning Legion. They could still remember the horrible events at the Well of Eternity, and came to the conclusion that all sorts of magi were despicable creatures with no place on this world. I was an outcast, but I would not desert my people. When they needed me, I worked from the shadows. Doing everything in my power to not be noticed as I fought off the demons. I was even there at Hyjal. But Lordaeron... I did not receive word of Lordaeron until long after the plague had already spread it's terrible corruption. There was nothing I could have ever hoped to do. So I remained in my present course."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Then you should not mention things you have no idea about." said Ralof with a harsh voice, then added with bitterness "And you should feel lucky you did not face the horrors plague caused.. It is mind shattering.. Solely the aftermath of the events left many good men as living husks of their former selves.. I have seen ghosts of children, still roaming their burnt down houses, looking for their torn apart dolls..". Then he let out a deep sigh and took another huge gulp of his ale, then with a much softer voice he said "My generation will never recover from the horrors we faced. I know Legion is cruel, but Scourge was something else..".

Sighing, the mage returned to his drink. "I am sorry to have offended you. We are in a tavern, a place of spirits and mirth; why do we speak of such terrible things! Surely there must be something good that is worthy of speaking about. Do either of you have any tales to tell?"

before either of the others could answer the tavern door swang open with a bang and there was silence throughout the tavern as all eyes turned to the mysterious figure at the door
    Im actually not funny, im just really mean and people think im joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Who the hell is that?" thought Ralof as he was disturbed by the entrance, then he shouted "Hey you! That's not your kennel's door! Slow the hell down!".

Not wanting any hostilities to ensue the newcomer's rather loud entrance and Ralof's rather unnecessary reaction, the mage chose to find out exactly who - or what - the newcomer was. "Let's shed some light on the situation, shall we?" Slamming his staff down on the floor, the energy radiating from it grew intense enough to illuminate the entire room as though it were noon during Midsummer, and hopefully reveal some features of the mystery figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof covered his eyes because of the sudden wave of light.

Darren murmured a word and cast a ward on himself, protecting his eyes from Tichrom's summoned light. "Is that really necessary?" he grumbled, forced to squint and turn away even with his ward in place. "That light could blind your Moon Goddess if it so wished."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

The mage put out the light, mumbling something about the sensitivity of lesser mortals under his breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Sare walks into The Salty Sailor Tavern for the first time*

"Hey mons', I be comin' for a drink. I be of no disturbance."
    Hey everyone

The mage turns to face the newcomer, inspecting him carefully. "If you are of no disturbance, then welcome to the tavern." Gesturing towards Ralof, he chuckled. "I would guide you away from this one. I find him to be somewhat of an odd fellow, though I am sure he disagrees." I hadn' t been expecting to find such friendly company in such a locale, but it seems like they're constantly flowing in through the door... The elf resigned to making the best of his situation,beckoning the troll over to the bar. "Come, tell us, where is it you are coming from?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof gave the highborne mage a weird look, then tried to mimic his actions and voice in a funny manner while pointing at his staff "And i would guide you from this staff, it can make you blind without a reason, though i am sure it will disagree." then let out a merry laugh. He turned over to the bar and ordered another drink, while keeping an eye on the troll from the reflection on the bottle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sare eyes his first greeter Tichrom. "I be from everywhere mon', as far as the stars go. You be findin' me in Mulgore one day, Zangarmarsh da next." Sare watches closely at Ralof but feels nothing disturbing about him.
    Hey everyone

Darren eyed the troll with mild distaste, then sighed and turned to the bar, three gold coins in his palm. As he placed them on the counter and nodded to the barkeep, Darren glanced at Ralof. "You'd better watch that mouth of yours," the young wizard muttered, "else you'll find yourself knee-deep in unwanted trouble."
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ralof gave him a side look as he drank his mug, then after clearing his mouth with his arm, he said "I used to run a Dukedom when i was at your age.." then turned at the young mage and with a wicked grin on his face "I do not need no advice o' yours, laddie." he told with a great distaste, with a tone quite contrary to the grin on his face. He turned back to his bottle and said "I wouldn't be 'ere in this hive of scumbags, pirates and what-not, if i were a milkdrinker scared of 'trouble'.." as he landed his left hand on his holster, visibly caressing his gun on his belt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sare looks over at Ralof. "Advice be overrated mon' I do agree, experiences teach more."
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    "Of all the things, a troll agrees with me?" Ralof was surprised, "Come friend, you have earned a drink for yourself, on the house!" he offered a mug.