Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transmute vs. potion vs. elixer master.

Which is better if you're purely going for profit and not self benefit?

Elixir or Transmute, hardly anyone uses pots (unless theyre doing HM's or super serious)
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

Deleted
    Transmute wins.

Edit:
    Potion? Yeah, they sell sooooo well.
    Flasks? They do sell well, but almost only to raiders.
    Transmute? Everyone that wants cool stuff, will need gems and truegold and what have you. The more free stuff you can get from the procs, the more money you make.

Transmute wins.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2011-02-16 at 02:30 AM.

I'm Elixir but I'm considering swapping to potion. Never used em much in Wrath but everyone uses them in our raids now.

i'm making tons off potions. Not only the mana/healing potions but also the agility potion, and the illusion one as well.

Transmute without a doubt. Doing Living Elements transmute(yes that is better on some servers including mine) giving a lot of gold each day.

Volatile life: 4g
    Volatile air: 32g

16 life->air=448g
    As transmute you get: (don't have the real numbers) 2-7 extra volatiles almost every day. Thats up to 200g almost every day as xmute master.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

It depends on a lot of factors, right now I would say transmute is most profitable for almost everyone tho. If you want to just sit back, do little, and collect your pay, transmute it is. Elixir has a much higher cap for producing gold, and if you work it hard elixir can produce the higher results. Potion has decent potential, but it varies by server, elixir usually beats it out.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker View Post
    Transmute without a doubt. Doing Living Elements transmute(yes that is better on some servers including mine) giving a lot of gold each day.

16 life->air=448g
    As transmute you get: (don't have the real numbers) 2-7 extra volatiles almost every day. Thats up to 200g almost every day as xmute master.
    this have my vote

on my server volatiles life price is around 6g and price for volatiles air is 25-32g rly fast sell (max 10 min on AH in stack of 10)

Deleted
    Transmute by far.

It's only a matter of time now that all the big customers (i.e. raiding guilds) of flasks are going to be using their own cauldrons. At that point flasks are going to be as bad as potions.

My server is great for transmute spec, especially with the recent herb bugs; I bought about 1000 heartblossom at 2g/unit and I'm buying carnelians at any price under 20g.

3 x heartblossom (6g) + 3 x carnelian (60g) = 66g for an inferno ruby plus the free procs (which seems to be about 30% of the time over a LOT of transmutes)

Then cut into bold/delicate/brilliant infernos which sell for ~140g a pop. So each transmute proc is worth 140g to me basically and when you're transmuting 200+ carnelians a day thats a lot of free gold - I ended up with 25 free gems last night which on their own nearly covered the cost of all the raw mats I'd bought

I encourage everyone in this thread to convert directly over to transmute spec, potion mastery is absolutely terrible. And by terrible I mean unbelievably profitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by partizan View Post
    I encourage everyone in this thread to convert directly over to transmute spec, potion mastery is absolutely terrible. And by terrible I mean unbelievably profitable.
    I've not bothered with pots simply on the grounds that I had assumed it would be difficult to shift anything but mana pots on a regular basis and on that basis it would have horrible margins as everyone would be doing the same thing.

So I'm curious, how many pots are you shifting a day, of what types and how many procs are you getting?

I do the obsidium shuffle when prices allow and I'm diverting 10% or more, of all viable uncommon gems to my transmute pool so when the AH isn't crowded I put up gems other than infernos. This has worked very well for me and I'm able to bring in up to 5-10k profits (procs can sometimes nearly cover my entire costs) on a busy raid day from these two professions alone (jc and alch).

So if potions and pot mastery are more profitable I'm up for a go myself.

Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    I've not bothered with pots simply on the grounds that I had assumed it would be difficult to shift anything but mana pots on a regular basis and on that basis it would have horrible margins as everyone would be doing the same thing.

So I'm curious, how many pots are you shifting a day, of what types and how many procs are you getting?

I do the obsidium shuffle when prices allow and I'm diverting 10% or more, of all viable uncommon gems to my transmute pool so when the AH isn't crowded I put up gems other than infernos. This has worked very well for me and I'm able to bring in up to 5-10k profits (procs can sometimes nearly cover my entire costs) on a busy raid day from these two professions alone (jc and alch).

So if potions and pot mastery are more profitable I'm up for a go myself.
    I'm seeing roughly 2 double procs and a single triple proc building a given stack of 20 mana pots. This translates into an average of 16 cinderbloom, 32 whiptail. Using Undermine Journal for our number base:

5g54s/whiptail
    3g94s/cinderbloom
    15g47s/mythical mana potion

- Margin per pot is +5.99. Given the mats of 16 pots, that's an overall stack margin of 95g84s for mats used. Combined with pure-proc-profit (in this case, we are assuming 4 proc'd pots, so 61g88s), you're looking at a theoretical overall stack profit margin of 157g72s, assuming purely-AH-purchased materials.
    - If you subtract out the Whiptail cost incursion, you're looking at a Cinderbloom-only price of 63g4s for 16 pots. This translates to 184g48s margin for materials used, and if we include the proc'd pot profits of 61g88s as stated previously, you're looking at a Cinderbloom-only profit margin of 247g57s per overall stack of mana pots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by partizan View Post
    I'm seeing roughly 2 double procs and a single triple proc building a given stack of 20 mana pots. This translates into an average of 16 cinderbloom, 32 whiptail. Using Undermine Journal for our number base:

5g54s/whiptail
    3g94s/cinderbloom
    15g47s/mythical mana potion

- Margin per pot is +5.99. Given the mats of 16 pots, that's an overall stack margin of 95g84s for mats used. Combined with pure-proc-profit (in this case, we are assuming 4 proc'd pots, so 61g88s), you're looking at a theoretical overall stack profit margin of 157g72s, assuming purely-AH-purchased materials.
    - If you subtract out the Whiptail cost incursion, you're looking at a Cinderbloom-only price of 63g4s for 16 pots. This translates to 184g48s margin for materials used, and if we include the proc'd pot profits of 61g88s as stated previously, you're looking at a Cinderbloom-only profit margin of 247g57s per overall stack of mana pots.
    I've just checked my server and the numbers are looking to be very good here, currently it's (all mat figures are rounded up and product figures rounded down for simplicity):

~2.5g/cinderbloom
    ~5g/whiptail (actually its much lower but I'm being cautious)
    ~20g/mana pot
    ~7.5g margin a pot (ignoring AH take)
    ~150g margin a stack.

I'm going to have a go later (without speccing for pots), as I'm still curious about the volume these things shift in.

I appreciate your numbers and insight partizan, I'll report back how it goes.

Oh and fingers crossed for some EU UMJ action this time round

Potions has my vote, 15g profit per pot is insane!

Deleted
    Very easy, because the income in wow got bigger, you do not have to decide - 150 G for changing the spec...
    Buy herbs when they are cheap, use them for pots and elixirs and create them while specced the right way, create an amount that would last for a while (5 days or so) , but remember that the price for herbs can drop and then you wont be able to earn as much as before so firstly maybe calculate shorter or watch the herb prices for a while before starting buisiness.
    After you created the whished amount of pots and flasks, skill back to transmute sell pots and flasks from stock , as long as you got enough of them you use transmute CDs and normal transmutes

I've started out as Transmute. When Truegold was still over 1k on AH, all I needed to do was farm some Volatiles and bingo. !K profit/day.
    Now as Truegold has dropped by a vast amount in price I've gone to Elixir since they go for the highest price and seeing as there's quite a few raiding guilds on my server it's a steady revenue.
    Obviously this all greatly depends on what server you play on.

16 life->air=448g
    I agree with xmute being the best, I have a few xmuters and make a decent amount from them, but 2-7 volatiles extra almost every day? Even on average I don't come close to that. I must be unlucky.

Deleted

16 life->air=448g
    Wait, I just saw this post. You only make an extra 200g a day as a transmute master?

Why are all the transmute spec'd people only doing their daily cd and not transmuting other things? Are the prices on your realms that screwed up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Wait, I just saw this post. You only make an extra 200g a day as a transmute master?

Why are all the transmute spec'd people only doing their daily cd and not transmuting other things? Are the prices on your realms that screwed up?
    Well yes at least on my realm. Wenn i hit maxskill i did some greengem tp bluegem transmutes... but the prices for the blues are waaaay below the prices of the greens. Everyone can cvreate greens: Miners, Juwelcrafters, Transmutes.... And many professions needs more greens than blues and there is the JW daylie wich needs greens too.

creating Metas i never ever got a multiprocc... dont know if the specification works on metas.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2011-02-17 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    creating Metas i never ever got a multiprocc... dont know if the specification works on metas.
    It does I get 3 procs all the time, with a few 4 procs.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely