Just moved from a small casual guild to a big multi raid team guild.

So as the title says, I recently applied to, and was accepted into the # 2 alliance guild on my server, and tied for 3rd in progression on the server overall. My previous guild was pretty casual, I raided ICC 10 with them back in wrath, and we went 11/12. The guild had about 15 active members recently, and only 3 of which(myslef and 2 other pally tanks) were geared for raiding. Anyways, this new guild is HUGE! 4-5 raid teams with different schedules, as well as a big pvp section. Overall, there are 400 members, and there are usually at least 40-50 on at a time. This has made me quite intimidated though. I raided with their fourth raid team on sat and sunday, and we did a decent job. Downed Magmaw in 2 attempts and ODS the next day. I myself did a decent job I should think, but I am still really intimidated. I am usually quite talkative, but have decided to keep my head down, apart from raids where there are only 9 other people. Anyone else ever go through anything like this? How did you cope? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Yeah it can be imtimidating sometimes. I know for a fact because I've been in guilds where the long-time members generally "excludes" the new members from guild activities. Since you have been raiding with your guild I reckon you're already fitting in quite well, especially if your did quite well in the raid. Try talking a bit in gchat, and share some good jokes to make yourself more stand out.

By them all a vial of the sands
    they will be your friends

Best advice is keep your head down and learn how they all interact with each other. Be friendly and offer to help people in the guild with heroics and pvp stuff, especially the old timers. Volunteer for events. After two weeks, you should be more comfortable in what you can and cannot do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Try talking a bit in gchat, and share some good jokes to make yourself more stand out.
    Be careful with this. It's very easy to accidentally offend someone and get yourself kicked in an instant.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Talk to some people in whispers, especially those who play the same class/spec, both to share ideas and just to make a few friends in the guild.
    You don't have to be best buddies with all 400 people, but having a handful of players you talk with more is really helpful, they will vouch for you (and vice versa) and make you feel more a part of the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

You'll find yourself fitting in with one or two guild mates within a day or so, and in about two weeks, you'll find your overall niche with everyone else. Change makes everyone a little uncomfortable at first, and it's just a matter of becoming more familiar with the people you're hanging out with. I'm a very outgoing person, too, and I find letting my personality shine instead of holding myself back gets me noticed pretty quick (I'm not purposely going for that effect, but it's what happens) and people talk to me more and want to hang out with me.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Get drunk, chat. How do you handle social interactions in real life if you can't even be moderately social in a guild? Who cares if they're "server second" or whatever, they're still bads.

Deleted
    good players will always get noticed in big guilds, just do your job in raids, read strategy, use flask and food. Always ask if there is something you do not know or did not understood, a wipe cased and a poor excuse like " did not understood well" usualy means kick or put on side in large guilds. Run heroics with guild members as often as you can. Know you class leader an talk to him, he is the one that will supervise you activity. You don't have to be friend with everyone, maybe just a few, i've made very good friends in big guilds. GL, you will like the life of a serious rider i know i did.

Quote Originally Posted by bbusoi View Post
    good players will always get noticed in big guilds, just do your job in raids, read strategy, use flask and food. Always ask if there is something you do not know or did not understood, a wipe cased and a poor excuse like " did not understood well" usualy means kick or put on side in large guilds. Run heroics with guild members as often as you can. Know you class leader an talk to him, he is the one that will supervise you activity. You don't have to be friend with everyone, maybe just a few, i've made very good friends in big guilds. GL, you will like the life of a serious rider i know i did.
    couldnt agree more. contribute, do your part and you will get noticed. You will also start to get used to other people and warm up to them, making it more comfortable.

you just need to be abit more confident about yourself.

I don't know what's your guild like, there are hardcore raiding guilds with a hardcore mentality and hardcore raiding guilds with carefree mentality.

For me I play the game to make friends, to enjoy the game, not to make it like a second job.

I talk about random things on vent during raid, laugh at some of our failures for failing certain mechanics, but we get things done.

It's hard to mix in with the bunch at the start, but eventually you'll find some friends and then you can make more friends through them.

Just be patient.

Just imagine them all sitting on their couches in their underwear, and you won't feel quite as intimidated.

Grats on the new guild, I'm sure you will fit in before long and have a fun time.

10+ Year Old Account
    find the biggest meanest toughest son of a gun and beat him to a pulp in front of the other inmat.........wait wrong sort of intimidation.

generally find your class leader raid team leader and ask him how you got on etc you ,ll come out of your sheel eventually just takes time to settle in and get to know the cliques and groups .

But also find the most mouthy guildie every guild has one someone that logs in and jsut chatters nonstop get into a banter they have going and you,ll flow along nicely after that ....or you can go with option 1 but i dont think you can use the fear of shower rape as an excuse to the gm if you do.
    Faith Manages