10+ Year Old Account

How do i auto tune using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility on the 1155 mobo?

So i just finished building my PC, cost me 1400 dollars, not including my LG 42" 1080p 120Hz LCD TV. So i was curious, i've been scanning this program and i enjoy it, it allows you to overclock your cpu and memory without going into bios. I have NO clue how to OC, but when i heard there was a program with the new board that could do it for you, i went ahead and bought it. I also bought a Coolermaster 212 Hyper Heatsink, so that i could OC a bit more. When windows finished doing its thing, i downloaded the newest version of the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility off Intel's website. It's been 2 days and i can't find out where this so called "Auto Tune" button is. I click the help button and the first sentence is "Autotune asks you two simple questions to start: "How much?" and "How long?"." but doesn't tell you where to go. If anyone can help, i'd greatly appreciate it. Also, another question that might be obvious, the mobo has a built in wireless card which seems to disconnect from my router frequently... so i hooked up a direct ethernet cable, but it won't switch the connection from wireless to wired. Anyone help on either two would be very helpful. Thank you.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    sorry to say it, but that was a wast of money.

all new mobos comes with there own auto tunning program, so no need to go buy a 3th party program to do it for you. you have the program in your software bundle that came with the mobo, and if you can`t find the cd, the go to the manufactures website and DL it.

as for the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility program i can`t help you. i have never heard of it before, but if you can get your manoy back for the program i would do that and then use the program that came with your mobo
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't spend any extra money on the program, it's their version of what Asus and all the other 1155 mobos do. The only money spent was on an intel 1155 mobo and i7 2600k.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    I've recently built a 2600K system with an ASUS motherboard and I can honestly say the software is confusing and I've never got it to work.

That actual software I believe is called AI Suite II, and that's what you'll need to look for on the disc that came with the motherboard.

In all honesty the SB chips have been the easiest I've ever had to overclock, I'm sitting at 4.5Ghz without really changing anything other than the multiplyer in the bios, everything else is set to auto.

If you dig around the web I'm sure you'll find forums and people with the same motherboard as you giving their exact settings and what they did to get their overlocks, just keep in mind that just because someone else got to 5Ghz doesn't mean you're going to

Deleted
    I'd be careful with using any automatic overclocking features not provided by your motherboard manufacturer. I've not used 3rd party software before but the though of having a program editing my BIOS settings is quite scary because a program doesn't have the abilitiy to make those changes as safely as real person. All processors are unique, they may be made by the same machine on a production line but they're all different.

For example i've had a i7 920 for a year now and it's been clocked at 4.2 Ghz for almost all that time and not caused any issues with system stability, but a friend with the same processor and computer build starts having issues as soon as he gets around 3.8 Ghz because even though processors are made by the same machine all day long, they don't all have the same durability and capabilities.

I'd suggest you familiarise yourself with your BIOS. Like someone mentioned earlier, modern motherboards come with pre-set overclocking settings for the CPU's that have the correct socket for that motherboard. You'll most likely also find an option to disable the intergrated wireless adapter.

I'm unsure of what processor you have since you didn't mention it in the OP but if its a quad core and you're looking to overclock it and get a lot more performance out of it i'd suggest you purchase a better cooler.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...tid=57&subcat=

This is one of the best value, closed loop water coolers avilable for CPU cooling and cools amazingly.

you guys are missing the point. He has the intel motherboard and he is using the software that came with the board.

I to have the same set up and cannot use auto tune. I think intel has disabled it on the new boards.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could go into the BIOS screen and find the multiplier and change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i read the name and thought intel had an audio auto-tune :P

on topic, my asus board, intel and amd(current) came with an epu-6 engine and asus overclocker utility with the latest bios. you should try finding those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask Kanye.