Deleted

Halfus Wyrmbreaker 10 man heroic (patch 4.0.6)

We are going to attempt Halfus 10 man hc for the first time this week. We have watched videos of this heroic encount, but they all seem to focus on the tactics pre patch 4.0.6 and from what I read, the the encounter have changed a bit after that.

So my question is if any of you guys have tried this encounter on 10 man heroic since patch 4.0.6, and how did you handle it in regards to releasing drakes, how many at what time, and in what order did you kill them. Also when did you use bloodlust?

Our setup will be something like this:

Tanks: Druid, warrior
    Healers: Paladin, druid, paladin/shaman/priest (disc or holy)
    DPS: Warrior, Hunter, Fire mage, Warlock, moonkin/shadow priest/DK/Warlock/rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing we changed up was not popping as many drakes off the bat.

We use 3 tanks, 3 healers, and 4 DPS.

We put a DK tank on Halfus, Feral Druid on Storm Rider and Nether Scion, and Prot Pally on Whelps. All the DPS single targets down the Storm Rider, while our 2 Demo locks pop Meta and Immolation Aura and use Felstorm to burn down the whelps at the same time, while keeping their single target attacks on the Storm Rider. Druid tanks Halfus until stacks build up high enough (usually around 40% healing decrease, and our Holy Pally uses Hand of Protection on the Druid tank to clear stacks. Druid continues to tank Halfus and by the time his stacks are up again, the whelps and the Storm Rider are dead, so Prot paladin taunts halfus, Druid lets stacks fall off and then releases the Time Warden. At this point, it's dodging fire and rotating the healing debuff. Nether scion dies shortly after and Time Warden is killed.

At this point, the Slate Dragon is released just as Halfus hits 50%. We've done it with and without a mage blinking out of the final ferocious roar to interupt, but the increased the cooldown on Shadow Nova after 4.0.6, so we didn't need a blink for the interupt. Slate Dragon is held by DK while the Druid and Pally taunt swap at high healing debuff stacks.

EDIT: Full class layout
    Protection Paladin
    Feral Druid
    Blood Death Knight
    Restoration Shaman
    Discipline Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Demonology Warlock
    Demonology Warlock
    Fury Warrior
    Feral Druid
    Last edited by Reg; 2011-02-16 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you for the answer, much appreciated.
    By how much did you beat the enrage timer, because with 3 tanks it seems like it could get dodgy. Also did the disc priest annonement smite halfus pretty much the entire fight, or how was it used?

Deleted
    Also tell your mage to spec for Impact, that way he can get all his dots up, pop Combustion, use impact and look closely to the DPS meter as it raises him to 100k DPS killing all whelps REALLY fast.

But we only used 1 warlock, he wasnt even in the AoE spec, a hunter and me as fire mage to bring down Whelps while DPSing the storm rider.

our 2 tanks was tanking Halfus and a drake, and the other tank the rest, if i remember correctly

edit: we didn't realese Slate draon untill we killed all the dragons, we then killed the slate dragon, this is optional tho, but we felt we wanted to do it

Will this be doable with 2 hunters? I assume we'll kill the whelps pretty easy: Fire mage + 2 hunters. How is 2 tanks btw, are they fine?

Any rotations/advice if we use 5 DPS and 2 tanks/3 healers?

Just did this earlier today.

Raid Composition
    Tanks: Pally, Warrior
    Healers: 2 Druids, HPriest, Shaman
    DPS: Frost DK, Aff lock, MM Hunter, S Priest

Kill Order
    Storm Rider > Whelps > Nether Scion > Time Warden > Halfus

We started off with the warrior taking Halfus and Nether while I took the Whelps and Storm Rider. We burned Storm Rider with Heroism and released time warden when Storm Rider was at ~50%. I HoP'ed the warrior after 8-10 stacks and he would immediately cancelaura. I taunted Halfus at 5-6 stacks after that and he would taunt Time Warden. Whelps would die, I would clear my MS debuff with pally bubble/cancelaura at 8-10 stacks then we'd start the tank swapping after I got another 5-6 stacks. Once Nether, Whelps, and Storm were dead, we released Slate, burned Time Warden, and then killed Halfus with Slate still up.

For interrupts, we had the DK on the boss most of the time. Tanks would help when they could. During Furious Roars, DK could usually get it, but our hunter would use a gorilla to help interrupt.

We almost did it the first time with 2/3/5 but got instagibbed by furious roar so we just went to 4 heal so we could get it for sure.

2 Hunters+mage will be fine to kill him.

Oh well, let's hope we'll get him tomorrow or whatsoever, guess we gotta try a few times - since we can't change to either 3 tanks or 4 healers :X

Deleted
    Encounter is easy as hell now.
    Even our Twinkraid killed him last weekend.
    It is a joke compared to our first kills with the mainraid.

How'd you do it then? Since it's that easy I wantz copies :z

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    Thank you for the answer, much appreciated.
    By how much did you beat the enrage timer, because with 3 tanks it seems like it could get dodgy. Also did the disc priest annonement smite halfus pretty much the entire fight, or how was it used?
    Beat the enrage timer with no issues at all.

And Smite spam didn't really start until first drake was dead. It's not really effective until you have at least one of the damage debuffs on Halfus.