Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Add-ons for my Resto druid

I have been playing a resto druid for about 2 years and mainly i bind my keys to heal. Lately it doesnt seem to work so great for me in the 10 man raids im doing for example BWD, BoT etc. Are there any decent healbot to help me with the raids? i have seen some on youtube but they never say what add-on they are using... thank you for the help x

Grid and making all of your heals into mouse over macros, no click required lets you target the boss or whatever you want to know what is going on better during the fight than seeing what someone is casting. Grid can be customized to show any and everything you could ever want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grid + Clique if you already use key bindings. Vuhdo is also ok.

Some people prefer healbot, personally i am not a fan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Grid + Clique if you already use key bindings. Vuhdo is also ok.

Some people prefer healbot, personally i am not a fan
    this. Grid (or in my case Grid2 - its a little enhanced version..) + Clique.

10+ Year Old Account
    O.o grid2? I am curious now. I havent played my druid in a while now so i havent searched for updates/alternatives

Grid2 plainly sucks, it's in no way better than grid. The layout of the settings made me puke, also where is the grid2 corner icons ?

Deleted
    with grid, can you like style it your own way... move things around etc? x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaadee View Post
    Just checking, what sort of things do you mean? The way the grid lay out is displayed? (5 by 5 in a 25 man, 2 by 5 in 10 man) Or things like the way names are displayed in the boxes?

iirc the layouts can't be changed unless you get a plug in for it, and with the plugin you can change it by class or role type.. but i could be wrong. I think font size/positioning can, but again it has been a while.

Using plugins you can customise it alot. You can get little icons in different corners to indicate different things, like your druid HoTs or Swiftmendable HoTs on the target and have health bar that appears in the box that shows the amount of health the player has.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ts.aspx?q=grid

There are all the addons that came up in curse. WoWace was the site I always went to for grid in the day, but I didn't like the site too much. Have a look through and see if you find some things you like.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/vuhdo.aspx

Vuhdo is quite flexible with it's display and it has a few features that are pretty similar to grid that come with the addon by default. There are no plugins for it though and it's all released as a single addon. It was my grid replacement for a little bit in ICC.
    Last edited by Optimist; 2011-02-16 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Added links for Grid and Vuhdo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Grid2 plainly sucks, it's in no way better than grid. The layout of the settings made me puke, also where is the grid2 corner icons ?
    Why would You need corner icons in Grid/Grid2? The only thing You need to see on grid is:
    1) Debuffs
    2) Duration of your hots (meaning numeric countdown)
    3) Threat
    4) Low Mana/Low Health (which is sometimes very annoying - fe Chimaeron)
    5) some customizable things..remaining hp or hp missing or name or whatever..

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 11:50 AM ----------

Grid/Grid2 are highly customizable. You can do whatever you want with them to work well for You
    I dont really have any screeshot of my configuration on internet, but I will make one today and post it here later.

Deleted
    could anyone give me a screenshot of their UI or anything it would really help, because there isnt alot on youtube to do with grid or grid2 x

Quote Originally Posted by Riddickcz View Post
    Why would You need corner icons in Grid/Grid2? The only thing You need to see on grid is:
    1) Debuffs
    2) Duration of your hots (meaning numeric countdown)
    3) Threat
    4) Low Mana/Low Health (which is sometimes very annoying - fe Chimaeron)
    5) some customizable things..remaining hp or hp missing or name or whatever..

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 11:50 AM ----------

Grid/Grid2 are highly customizable. You can do whatever you want with them to work well for You
    I dont really have any screeshot of my configuration on internet, but I will make one today and post it here later.
    Because some like to see icons instead of plain numbers, also it's easier and more efficient to keep track of Lifebloom stack if you use icons instead of multicolored duration.

Deleted
    Because some like to see icons instead of plain numbers, also it's easier and more efficient to keep track of Lifebloom stack if you use icons instead of multicolored duration.
    Cant see how icon like what..2mmX2mm? with numbers of stacks (and duration?) inside it can be more efficient then number 2mmX2mm that changes color from white to green which indicates how many stacks of LB do You have.

However I can agree that some ppl might like better to see pictures with lil duration numbers in it, then just colored numeric countdowns.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 12:30 PM ----------

could anyone give me a screenshot of their UI or anything it would really help, because there isnt alot on youtube to do with grid or grid2 x
    Wait just like two hours when I get back from work I will upload my UI with Grid2 customization.

Deleted
    ok thank you very much just a question my friend used to use X-perl, is that any good for healers? x

"Easier and more efficient"... please explain, as i find the multicolored duration a very good way to keep track of my lifebloom stacks.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    "Easier and more efficient"... please explain, as i find the multicolored duration a very good way to keep track of my lifebloom stacks.
    Agreed.
    /10 chars

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 01:57 PM ----------

ok thank you very much just a question my friend used to use X-perl, is that any good for healers? x
    Its a metter of personal feeling. My girlfriend used x-perl,, cause You dont need to change much settings and in default it works pretty well. The main reason was that she just couldnt bother to set up grid2. But if You take Your time to set up grid2 to your liking, its much better then x-perl.

Deleted
    so x-perl is more user friendly? and grid is more customizable x

Deleted
    so x-perl is more user friendly? and grid is more customizable x
    Yea u can put it that way. If You dont really wonna set up anythin..just download addon and play, then grid2 / grid is not really good choice. But if You tweak grid just a little (im talking about 10 mins) it outruns xperl by miles.

from a pure functionality, feature count, and customization options perspective vuhdo is the best healing addon out there. this topic has come up a million times and it always ends up turning into an argument between the people who use grid because that is what they are used to and have always used and people who use vuhdo because it is better. if you are looking to get into healing mods coming from not using them then vuhdo is the best IMO. it can do everything grind/healboth/xperl/default blizz UI can do plus a lot more.

the only drawback is that it requires some time to set up and get customized to your liking. but that isn't any different than a first time grid user. there are a large number of very helpful and easy to follow guides on how to set up vuhdo so it isn't all that difficult or time consuming to set up if you simply follow them.

feel free to quote me and argue points with me. i'm not going to come back to this thread again. like i said, this topic has been discussed into ad nauseum and i dont really feel like rehashing all of the same arguments again. do a search on resto addons and/or resto UI and you will get more than enough info as to what is best to use. and if it comes down to it try them both and see which you like best. only mod i'll tell you to stay away from is rewatch, the number of reasons to not use it are more numerous than i care to point out. Inevitably somebody chimes in on one of these threads with it and i cringe to think that people actually use that mod and would be tasteless enough to suggest other people use it as well.

If you haven't tried the default UI lately, give it a chance. It can now show incoming heals, threat, dispellable debuffs, etc. It can be resized, reshaped, recolored, resorted, moved around the screen, etc.

Seriously, once Blizz added incoming heals I don't see the advantage of using an add-on to do the same things that the default UI can do. Any add-on is likely to run ever so slightly slower than the default UI.

And you can still use Clique, if you're into that sort of thing.

One last small advantage of the default UI, from my POV: it actually fits into the game, style-wise. Grid and vuhdo both look like sci-fi interlopers in my fantasy game, to me.

I'm not level 85 on my Druid yet, but I've been taking a look at grid, and here is what I plan on using:

1. Grid - Obviously.
    2. GridDynamicLayout - Sorts raid into four groups: Tanks, Heals, Ranged, and Melee.
    3. GridIndicatorSideIcons - Adds four extra dots to Grid.
    4. GridStatusDruidAoe - Tells you who to target for the best Eff/WG
    5. GridStatusHealthPercent - Under the player's name in their box, their HP will be displayed in percent form.
    6. GridStatusHots - Tells you the status of your HOTs.
    7. GridStatusRaidDebuff - Tells you who has debuffs given by bosses.

In addition, I'll be using Clique. I recommend this if you have a few extra buttons on your mouse.