Holy Pally - Useful Major Glyph?

Making Word of Glory more useful!!

Since we got lucky, and Light of Dawn still reverts back to the Beaconed target (tank), should we somehow make Word of Glory useful?
    Currently, I use Glyph of Light of Dawn, Divine Plea, and Lay of Hands. I was thinking of giving up glyph of Lay of Hands for Long Word (turns word of glory into a HoT). I think it would be cool to have a situational HoT in raids.
    And this may impact me to change out a Prime Glyph. Currently I use glyph of Holy shock, Divine favor, seal of insight. Was thinking of replacing Holy shock for Word of Glory to increase it so the HoT will be bigger.

Anyways, what do u guys think?

Glyph of long word is not worth it. Since each tick is calculated on crit sepearately you are actually gimping its output. Until it doesnt give an additional effect (like 10% more heals) to turning it into a hot it is definitely not worth it considering you have to give up another glyph for it. Also dont forget that word of glory also has more crit on targets under 30% hp and has the chance to regain the used holy power for another WoG (if youve got both talents ... which you definitely should). Both perks LoD doesnt have. Saying WoG isnt useful is just wrong.

Edit:

These glyphs i am using atm:
    Major: WoG - Insight - Holy Shock
    Prime: Divinity - LoH - Divine Plea
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-02-16 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    if youve got both talents ... which you definitely should...
    ....not
    It is already questionable in 10 mans to get all 4 talent points in WoG and a waste of points in 25 where you'll rarely use it over LoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding my 2 copper from a prot/ret perspective - Glyph of the Long Word still isn't worth it. The burst healing from WoG is still far too useful to gimp in such a way, as well as the crit calculations that Culuexus mentioned.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    I was thinking of giving up glyph of Lay of Hands for Long Word (turns word of glory into a HoT).
    You should be using Divinity and get rid of the Lay on Hands glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    ....not
    It is already questionable in 10 mans to get all 4 talent points in WoG and a waste of points in 25 where you'll rarely use it over LoD.
    You maybe right. Shouldve asked for the raid size. Not Talenting it in 10s is definitely a mistake in my eyes. Dont give a shit on 25s and how its used there because i dont do any ... always forget that things are different int 25s :P

Also on the LoH glyph. I find that one very useful in progression. Not having my LoH up in each try when someone (tank in most cases) is low in a critical situation or when i need the 10% mana was extremely .. lets say stressful.

Edit ... mixed up fucking major and prime glyphs in this post ... now its correct -.-
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-02-16 at 02:26 PM.

Long Word is just bad. Plain bad. Either someone is almost topped off in which case it's a waste to use WoG to start with, HoT or not, or they are in need of a lot of healing, and to choose to get 100% instantly, or 100% healing over the course of 6 seconds? No-brainer. You want the healing NOW.

Until they change the glyph so that it gives 50% instantly, and 100% of the supposed effect of the spell as a HoT (i.e. double the strength of the HoT), there's absolutely no reason to have it.
    Last edited by Inkompetent; 2011-02-16 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks for the info. I actually do 25 mans.
    -Yeah WoG is a good a "oh crap" heal. But I don't find myself needing to throw out those as much now.
    It's great for ret and prot if they need an "oh crap" I think I will die before the healer heals me.
    -I wanted to make it useful. But if turning it to a HoT with the glyph would be ineffective, then I will not. Thanks.
    -As far as healing with WoG, I rarely use it. Even with the nerf on LoD (which I was not happy about the 40% nerf a month or so ago), I prefer to use LoD over WoG because LoD reverts 50% of the healing from each of the 5-6 targets back to the Beacon (tank).
    -WoG seems very effective in 10 mans, as LoD seems more effective in 25s. In both cases, HR is good in both!

Lastly, I don't have the 2/2 in Eternal Glory; Instead, I put those in Pursuit of Justice for 15% movement speed and 100% chance to receive holy power for immobolize effects. Simica once commented that all the Holy Pallys in a particular Top Raiding Guild: spec with 2/2 in Pursuit of Justice.
    Last edited by Bostonian; 2011-02-16 at 06:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's true - I'd strongly recommend a Pursuit of Justice build if you're in a 25-man guild.

No real reason to get Eternal Glory for 25s for the most part.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines