Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well the PC cant start either since the fan keeps making the noise it usually does when the PC is starting up, and the noise stops when the PC has started up, but now it never stops
    Last edited by 5648945621; 2011-02-16 at 07:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    We can't help you if you don't know what you are doing in a basic sense. PLEASE take it to a shop before someone suggests something that ends up breaking it further.
    red panda red panda red panda!

But i just need to get this confirmed, my motherboard or graphic card is broken so i need to buy a new and replace it right? And what caused it to break all of a sudden anyone know?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    But i just need to get this confirmed, my motherboard or graphic card is broken so i need to buy a new and replace it right? And what caused it to break all of a sudden anyone know?
    This is impossible to diagnose remotely. The only way to confirm what piece is broken would be by swapping them out with a known good part. It could be the motherboard, video card, power supply, or even the CPU.

look at the capacitors (google capacitors if you dont know what they look like)on the MB see if the tops are bubbled out and not flat. It could be cpu, mb, memory, PSU or video card. Usually its memory degrading or a faulty MB that will cause a out of the blue death like this. A PSU failure usually gives sign early before dying...usually.

Deleted
    Possible Solution

Also, don't run a lot of programs at the same time, make sure you updated your anti-virus before you start playing, Make sure no heavy Web applications are running at the same time, .....for the rest, the posters above and under me have a valid point

Deleted
    Going through with basic debugging, the fact that the FAN (PSU) started indicates the PSU is fine. Now what I'm not sure about is the POST result. POST stands for Power On Self Test. This is a "test" that's carried out by the motherboard to check for all the hardware that's connected to it. It communicates back with you using a series of beep codes. Just one beep indicates a successful POST and then proceeds to loading the Operating System.

Now, any beeps? Just one? None at all? If none at all, it could indicate a problem with the motherboard itself, or some unsecured cable connections, which I hope you've already checked to ensure they're safely connected. If you do get beep-codes you must be very specific about what they consist of, and then research your motherboard's manual for the various beep codes and what they mean.

Also, please do make sure you have a motherboard speaker connected. This generally looks like so:

Without that little baby on the motherboard, you won't be able to understand what might be going wrong with the devices which are connected to it that are verified as faulty or are malfunctioning.

Please write back with any and as much information as you can possibly provide.

Let's wish you some luck and courage

Lupo.