WoW on the Macbook Air?

I'm thinking of getting the Macbook Air for university and would want it to play WoW well too. Will it run WoW well? Assuming its the latest version of the Macbook Air. Anyone with this laptop could you give some feedback?

"well" is subjective. None of the current Mac laptops will run WoW terribly well if you want to put graphics to high/ultra and raid 25-mans, but those are playable when you turn video settings down far enough. Also regardless of what laptop you order from Apple if you decide to be hip instead of practical, get 4GB of RAM with it. The default 2GB is borderline fraud.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

macbook air series really arent made for gaming, you should consider going with a regular or a pro macbook instead.

The Mac Book Air is not designed to play games, especially ones like World of Warcraft, "well". Like others have said, if you have your heart set on a Mac, at least buy a Mac Book Pro. That is the laptop I have, and it does fine with WoW.

Deleted
    The air falls into the classification of 'high powered netbook' - and as is well known, netbooks have anything but stellar performance. It also depends slightly on which version of the air you get. The 11 and 13 inch do have fairly different performance capabilities, in addition the baseline 2GB ram as mentioned above is going to cause some problems if not upgraded.

That said, the Air as I recall can do a reasonable job in more regular situations (leveling, arena, dungeons, BGs), aided partially by its compact screen resolution - its just not ideal to raid with for example.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-02-16 at 04:39 PM.