Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    When developers invest millions of dollars into a product, they need a way to recoup that investment. HD quality console gaming has a $60 tag and everyone should know that higher-end quality PC games may also share that price point.

    You can either wait until the price goes down or choose not to buy it. Both of those decisions are much more effective than whining on an internet forum.
    Like I said, they were selling games fine at 50 dollars, why do they need to be 60 now?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedFreak View Post
    Modern Warfare 2 released Nov 10, 2009 at a 60 dollar price tag. Others would argue that it did MANY other things that "ruined" PC gaming.
    On the 360, However, MW 2 is one of the best releases ever.
    Not sure if that affects your argument in any way, but it makes MW2 seem like a bad example to me

  3. #23

    yeah

    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Then who's fault would it be, what PC game was 60 dollars before Starcraft II?
    saying its blizzards fault is a rediculous statement the fact of the matter is games are becomeing more expensive because its costing more and more to create them finding talented game designers and developers is also tends to be a difficult task and are ussually paid well with benefits (depending on what company you work for) the reason there are so many similar games nowadays is that its expensive to take risks instead of companies having 4-5 IPs back for say the N64 and ps1 they stick to 1-2 for example epic games is staying with gears and bullet storm infinity ward is staying with CoD heck blizzard might be the only company left with 4 different video game series and soon to be 5 with the release of titan. the amount of factors to take into account for making video games im surprised that they are as cheap as they are and sure every now and then there might be a game for say 30 dollars but these are ussually expansion packs and you tend to get what you paid for

  4. #24
    You know... bread was very cheap 20 years ago compared to today.

  5. #25
    i remember when i paid my mortal kombat 3 SNES cartridge 115$ (canadian) back when it was released O_O

  6. #26
    Seriously? Blizzard did not set the pricing on all games. Also it is 10 dollars more, so get over it. Ask mommy to raise you allowance or something.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by glagamesh View Post
    lol complain about prices? mow lawns? pull weeds? do extra chores around the house? Get a job? seriously this generation has a bad name from lazy people like yourself
    Wow. I have a job. I just think it's stupid that PC games are just as expensive as console games now. Why pay so much for a game with so little to offer? Think before you post, troll.

  8. #28
    Modern Warfare 2 came out in November 10, 2009 and was like 60$ on PC if I recall. It still is, at a lot of places.

    That is also an Activision game, so perhaps it could be Activision's doing on the part of the pricing.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Economics 101:
    Gross Sales =/= Net Profit
    Breaking even is still better than going in the hole. CEO's don't need 3-4 million dollar bonuses, especially when they already make 7-8 million or more a year. They don't even spend that much a year so that money is basically wasted.

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Wow. I have a job. I just think it's stupid that PC games are just as expensive as console games now. Why pay so much for a game with so little to offer? Think before you post, troll.
    4.5 million people would beg to differ with your assessment.

    Source:
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...es%20FINAL.pdf

  11. #31
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orgrimar
    Posts
    39
    the fact your crying about 60 dollar games makes me lol. alot of other countrys have games at 100dollars and are on 1=1dollar with US... so all i can say to u is suck it up

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Breaking even is still better than going in the hole. CEO's don't need 3-4 million dollar bonuses, especially when they already make 7-8 million or more a year. They don't even spend that much a year so that money is basically wasted.
    Well I'm glad you completely ignored the point.

  13. #33
    $60 is being viewed as a standard because console gamers happily pay it.

    There are plenty of lower cost games on Steam, not sure what else to tell you. Vote with your wallet.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Then who's fault would it be, what PC game was 60 dollars before Starcraft II?
    You also have to account for you are not only buying SC2, but you are also buying the ability to play every single custom game/map made by the comunitiy, as well as buy the world editor itself. IMO, it is totally worth the $60 to buy it, seeing as its probably worth twice that much...

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by StendhalSyndrom View Post
    I remember paying $39.99 for Mario Brothers 3 for the NES when it was released back in 1990 (and it may have even been on sale if you bought the Nintendo Power Guide w/ it.) so if in 20 years games have only gone up $20 (not even in all cases some are still $30-$50) and the quality has gone up 100x can you really complain?
    This guy is making sense people.

    Starcraft 1 cost 50$ back in '98 so that would be roughly 70$ now after inflation? Maybe more? With a 60$ pricetag game companies are being generous.

  16. #36
    OP: You are a fool...

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Awkawata View Post
    the fact your crying about 60 dollar games makes me lol. alot of other countrys have games at 100dollars and are on 1=1dollar with US... so all i can say to u is suck it up
    No country has currency worth 1 american dollar, because the american dollar is almost worthless now.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Syvala View Post
    I dont know where uve been the past 20 years,but games has always cost around 30-60 dollars.
    And i have no clue what blizz has to do with this. It's like the steam games i bought CoD MW2 for 59,9 Euros,and as far as i know it was out before sc2.
    And by all means,blizzard has the right to put such prices,why? Cuz they keep their games clean and updated,but yeah,SC2 was a tad high priced but nothing unexpected. I aint rich or anything,i struggle to keep myself and my life together,but i save up for games or just simply wait til they are cheaper.
    Even Sega,PSX,Nintendo 64,Super Nintendo etc had games that ranged from 30-50 dollars...its no shock really.

    Start saving for what you want.

    And It aint the companies that get the whole 60 dollars/59 euros btw,its alot in between..
    Who on earth would buy digital copies?
    CoD cost me £29.99 at midnight release haven't checked currencies in a while but i'd say thats roughly 35 Euros?
    And i can't ever remember paying more than £10 for any Psx, N64, Snes game otherwise i would have never afforded it. Then again i did have every psx game available
    60 Dollars for a game is pretty pathetic, but i do not buy from crappy retailers that want £49,99 a game i get mine around 25-30 quid new.

  19. #39
    I would think Cata was cheap due to other expansions being required.

  20. #40
    Honestly, given how prices progress from system to system, I'm shocked we aren't paying 80-120 per game here in the US. $60 is nothing. If you don't wish to pay that, don't play games. You also realize that 4 months of this game is $60, plus what you paid to get the base game and 3 Xpacs. You either need to:
    A.) Stop trolling.
    B.) Find a cheaper hobby
    C.) L2P
    D.) Get a better job, or reduce costs ($60 is too expensive? I work minimum wage and can afford games easy)
    E.) Probably all of the above

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •