Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    The Patient Daleness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    anywhere you're not
    Posts
    290
    yeah selling a game for 60 dollars is bad mmmkay?
    Not thinking about that game having free online play, an amazing single player campaign and the game is just awesome.
    Think about what you're getting through SC2 and then think about the cost.

    To making SC2 better they revamped battle.net completely, you can add friends and get an easy way to play with them.
    Expansions are coming, both in patchform (most likely for free) and then zerg and protoss campaigns, and I doubt the expansions will cost the same as Wings of liberty does because they are just expanding it.

    And it seems you think all the money goes down the CEO's pockets, but maybe just maybe all the ppl that work with creating the games should get some cash?
    Woho! post count +1!

  2. #62
    Best game ever for price point= Garrys mod. Amount of time i have spent on that and the fact that its only $10 is win

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Breaking even is viewed as a very bad thing by shareholders, who have been deluded across the board into believing that profits should, and can, grow on a yearly basis.

    Even a company making less profit than they estimated is viewed as a loss. Rather humorous, but quite serious to the folks who honestly believe that wealth is an infinite pie. (it isn't)
    Yes and see, that's where the monopoly lies. There's nothing wrong with breaking even in the eyes of someone not obsessed with money. The reason shareholders want profit is because they want their stocks to be worth more, so that if anything happens they can sell and still get some money out of it. I'm making an easy living on 90,000 a year right now, and I don't see why people need millions upon millions of dollars to survive. As I said, it's all greed.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Syvala View Post
    I bought it at our official GAME store and im pretty sure it was priced around 50-60$,at release.

    I live in swe,and in the north aswell,and where i live we basicly have 1 game store,and like spread warehouses,if i went to either warehouse i cud prolly had got it for 30$. But i cba since i didnt have a car.
    Ouch yeah GAME is awful for prices sometimes. I suppose not having much store competition they can up there prices xD

  5. #65
    No, trolls do all kinds of things to rile people up OP, including starting flamebait threads with ridiculous viewpoints that they know intelligent people will disagree with. You may not be a troll, and if that's the case, I feel sorry for you to a hilarious extent. You're a bad.

  6. #66
    High Overlord Vengeblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Posts
    195
    Listen, OP, many people here have tried to explain it and you don't want to listen or accept that as truth. Your problem, not ours. If you would have bothered reading the posts instead of just responding to the flames, you'd have your answer.

    Between inflation and demand, games should be costing us around $100-120, with things like improvements in technology and such reducing them. Even then, companies are being generous. You're lack of business and financial knowledge does not mean you can refute the truth on ignorance.

    You want to talk about worth, let's talk economics, where you don't ever overpay for something if you actually paid for it. So, if you bought the game for $60, it was worth $60 because that's what you actually paid, otherwise you wouldn't have bought it. Even if you claim it was purchased out of duress or circumstance, an items worth is only what you pay, no more, no less. You could be suffering some buyer's remorse in part that your expected quality of the game didn't match actual quality, still doesn't change the value of the item because you already paid for it.

    Either take it back for your money's worth or just accept it.
    Start by assuming that everything you've ever known is a lie.....

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    What makes Black Ops and MW2 worth 60 dollars?
    If you don't feel that they're worth that, then they aren't, and shouldn't be purchased by you. On a large scale, folks have deemed the game worth the money.

    I don't think an iPad is worth even half of what's charged for it. But I also think my Taylor acoustic guitar is worth every penny of the thousands I spent on it. Others would vehemently disagree.

    No one is forcing you to buy anything.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Starcraft II didn't cost that much to make. It was the complete overhaul of battle.net. And anyway, Blizzard makes at least 170 million dollars a month from World of Warcraft, not mentioning the people that actually buy the game+expansions, so where the hell does that money go? People were getting on fine selling the games at 50 dollar each. Selling them at 60 is just showing how greedy those rich fat-ass CEOs are.
    actually a lot of time and money WAS spent on it. not sure where you get your info btw, but you know all that money they make? well it goes pays their employees, the cost of keeping their servers up, the cost of future games/content. so in the end i think you just wanna gripe =/ please dont blame blizz. console games for the Ps3 and Xbox360 also run at $60 and you dont get to play them online for free, nor do they have an endless supply of custom maps to play. so before you go QQing about the price think about the time and work it takes for blizz to make and maintain these kind of games =/
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Souper friend View Post
    Lemmy ask you this? did you actually buy any of these games? If you purchased any of them, and then began your rant about price then you sir are a fool.
    Yes, I did. I bought MW2 and Black Ops, and neither was worth 60 dollars.

  10. #70
    Brewmaster videotape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    1,412
    Someone needs to take Economics 101. That is all.

  11. #71
    People seem to blame Blizzard for everything these day´s

    i wonder if i can blame Blizzard for my kid having OCD ... ?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    actually a lot of time and money WAS spent on it. not sure where you get your info btw, but you know all that money they make? well it goes pays their employees, the cost of keeping their servers up, the cost of future games/content. so in the end i think you just wanna gripe =/ please dont blame blizz. console games for the Ps3 and Xbox360 also run at $60 and you dont get to play them online for free, nor do they have an endless supply of custom maps to play. so before you go QQing about the price think about the time and work it takes for blizz to make and maintain these kind of games =/
    Well PS3 online is free except for games like DC Universe and whatnot. But honestly they don't pay out 170 million a month for their employees/costs. I'm guessing they have roughly 5-8% left over at the end of every month, and 8.5 million per month extra adds up.

  13. #73
    Mechagnome deathtakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    590
    LOL @ people blaming Blizzard for everything. 'They killed my goldfish!' Might as well blame Ghostcrawler for something while I'm here. 'Ghostcrawler ruined polka dancing!'

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    Yes and see, that's where the monopoly lies. There's nothing wrong with breaking even in the eyes of someone not obsessed with money. The reason shareholders want profit is because they want their stocks to be worth more, so that if anything happens they can sell and still get some money out of it. I'm making an easy living on 90,000 a year right now, and I don't see why people need millions upon millions of dollars to survive. As I said, it's all greed.
    That isn't a monopoly at all.

    Plenty of folks would consider your 90k excessive and obsessive. A large family in an expensive area would consider it barely making the bills. However, that's likely another conversation.

    Capitalism has absolutely nothing to do with need. You don't 'need' video games in the first place, if that's the angle you're going to take.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Someone needs to take Economics 101. That is all.
    <-- Business major.

  16. #76
    Mechagnome deathtakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    People seem to blame Blizzard for everything these day´s

    i wonder if i can blame Blizzard for my kid having OCD ... ?
    You can and should.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    LOL @ people blaming Blizzard for everything. 'They killed my goldfish!' Might as well blame Ghostcrawler for something while I'm here. 'Ghostcrawler ruined polka dancing!'
    LOL 10 year old on his daddy's account!

  18. #78
    Mechagnome deathtakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorcane View Post
    <-- Business major.
    Then you should have no problem paying for 60$ games.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    You can and should.
    ZOMG NO! your pic is of a $60 game "runs away screaming ITS TO MUCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtakes View Post
    LOL @ people blaming Blizzard for everything. 'They killed my goldfish!' Might as well blame Ghostcrawler for something while I'm here. 'Ghostcrawler ruined polka dancing!'
    Well he did didnt he! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU GC!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •