Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    3 dps is in the 0.2% error margain if im not misstaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Firstly, no you do NOT need whole point of mastery for increase, it increases gradually but only make noticable different on the figure with full points, enchance mastery is easier to track where mastery goes up gradually.

Haste was better than Mastery before 4.0.6, however since the patch mastery pretty much came equal to Haste (in fact I think is winning by a little). If you check the shammies in the top guilds, you will find that they pretty stat in 3 different ways:

Haste > all
    Haste = Mastery
    Mastery > all

So I guess all 3 are viable scaling method, just down to personal choice. I used to go with all haste, but now I am slowly trying to make it even out with mastery.
    If you were in a top guild, you'd understand that reforging for every fight to suit the stats that the fights favor is more than a necessity. As another poster said; some fights favor haste much more than mastery, and v.v for others. For the rest of us just getting into hardmode 25 (or whatever) and aren't required to make those sorts of sacrafices: maintaining a good balance, as most sims will tell you, is the best way to go so that you can react to every fight and still be close to your theoretical max. If you aren't at the stage of simming, stick to endus' sticky guide, and you'll do just fine.

The reason a lot of players favour haste is simply because of the movement involved in each fight, and haste is typically (though unconfirmed) favoured for heavy movement fights. Endus' mastery 'arguement' on page one makes just as much sense as the haste arguement, and each fight has to be takin into its own.

TL;DR version: balance your stats, run a sim, move less. gg
    Last edited by Mr.Pineapple; 2011-02-18 at 06:26 PM.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!