Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    And they only do it because they know that they have a monopoly on the MMO industry and can get away with it.
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

    WoW has had substantial competition since before it launched. Yes, none of them are as successful as WoW, but they are still successful.

    If WoW had a monopoly then any and all of its competition would be shutting down and closing their doors. This doesn't happen to very many MMOs at all, really, and those that it does happen to usually had a very bad start and saw little improvement.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    I say that by the fact that my GM ticket can sometimes take over a week to be answered. That is PURELY because they will not hire enough GMs to account for the number of players. Calling blizzard can result in a wait of over an hour, sometimes 2. I mean, by today's standards, that is pitiful.

    And they only do it because they know that they have a monopoly on the MMO industry and can get away with it.
    You do realize that they have setup the ticket system with a word identifier that tries to delegate which tickets are more important don't you? If you add 'hack' to a ticket watch how fast it gets responded to.

    Stop trying to make this into a huge conspiracy theory when it's not anything close to that.

  3. #23
    I agree, and it IS real competition. Rift is so much better looking, so much smoother, and it feels so much more "grown up" and "completed". You don't have that cartoon-like feel, and the talent trees are amazing.

    I'm dropping 1 of my 2 wow accounts and will probably drop the 2nd one shortly, because Rift is so much better. But if Blizzard wakes up and starts to (in my opinion) grow up in terms of how they treat customers and how they approach their game, I'd come back someday.

    Drinking a toast to Rift, and hoping you are correct, that the competition will improve WoW.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    You have to take into account how you aren't the only person being served. There are an estimated 12-13 million players. A lot of them also probably are experiencing problems. So wait times are to be expected. Its like being at the DMV. You wait for so long to just get in front because there are literally so many people who need attention, etc. who were there first.

    People just need to learn patience.

    Also the last time I opened a GM ticket, which was two days ago, it only took them 5 hours to respond.
    That is where your logic is flawed. The DMV also has a monopoly on you because they are the ONLY place you can get your license.

    WoW isn't your state government. It is a business fighting for our $$$. You wouldn't tell me that if a theoretical "Private DMV" came along that offered your guaranteed 5 minute service and more comfortable chair, you wouldn't go there?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinwtf View Post
    Blizzard's incoming Titan Project would like to have a word with Rift.
    SW:TOR would like to have a word with Blizzard.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    You do realize that they have setup the ticket system with a word identifier that tries to delegate which tickets are more important don't you? If you add 'hack' to a ticket watch how fast it gets responded to.

    Stop trying to make this into a huge conspiracy theory when it's not anything close to that.
    It's not a conspiracy, its American business. You'd do the same thing if you could get away with it because money is the root of all evil.

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,599
    I've been saying the same thing for a little while now, the state that WoW is in right now could be revamped soon and we could have ourselves a hell of a game again. With an actual competition to compare things to and as many people leaving WoW for Rift as it seems, things could work out, just as long as Rift keeps up the good work it appears to be doing.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    RIFT is all new.
    Choose one of these:

    1.Stopped reading there.

    2.Get the hell out.

    3.Can i haz what you've been smoking?

    ot:Yes,it is,b/c if ppl leave for rift blizz will HAVE to improve

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    It's not a conspiracy, its American business. You'd do the same thing if you could get away with it because money is the root of all evil.
    It's a conspiracy theory in that you think that's what they're doing when it's not even close. Just because you had a ticket responded to slowly isn't even close to enough basis for your argument.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

    WoW has had substantial competition since before it launched. Yes, none of them are as successful as WoW, but they are still successful.

    If WoW had a monopoly then any and all of its competition would be shutting down and closing their doors. This doesn't happen to very many MMOs at all, really, and those that it does happen to usually had a very bad start and saw little improvement.
    Agreed.
    I dont even think any mmo had to shut down because of WoW. Games like auto-assualt and some other bad ncsoft games blew up cause they were just bad.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

    WoW has had substantial competition since before it launched. Yes, none of them are as successful as WoW, but they are still successful.

    If WoW had a monopoly then any and all of its competition would be shutting down and closing their doors. This doesn't happen to very many MMOs at all, really, and those that it does happen to usually had a very bad start and saw little improvement.
    It comes down to my baseball analogy earlier. There are lots of competition, but none of them in the league or on the scale of WoW. This creates pretty much a monopoly in the MMO industry. I mean, when is the last time you have heard Guild Wars on the news? Or saw a forum pretty much dedicated to Warhammer. This site is MMO-champion. You notice that EVERYTHING you see updated is WoW? You can't tell me that they don't have a monopoly. Boub is gonna put his money where the money is, and that is WoW. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen an AION patch update on the front of MMO.. ever...

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans istheshiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    That is where your logic is flawed. The DMV also has a monopoly on you because they are the ONLY place you can get your license.

    WoW isn't your state government. It is a business fighting for our $$$. You wouldn't tell me that if a theoretical "Private DMV" came along that offered your guaranteed 5 minute service and more comfortable chair, you wouldn't go there?
    Do you even know what a monopoly is?

    I was just making a comparison to the fact that WoW has many people playing it and a lot of those people would be encountering issues. Therefore, it is safe to assume that these waits and queues are due to the fact that Blizzard is addressing issues that other players have raised.

    signature by Alyajna
    "There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    I don't know about you, but I haven't seen an AION patch update on the front of MMO.. ever...
    Because MMO-Champion is a WoW site.

    And screw your baseball analogy. Your opening post states that any competition is a good thing. So which is it? Do only the big boys count?
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans istheshiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    SW:TOR would like to have a word with Blizzard.
    I believe BioWare stated in one interview that they weren't putting SW:TOR out there to compete with WoW, but rather to provide a new experience for other players who would appreciate a Star Wars-based MMO.

    I for one would most likely end up juggling SWTOR and WoW because I love both of them.

    signature by Alyajna
    "There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    It's not a conspiracy, its American business. You'd do the same thing if you could get away with it because money is the root of all evil.
    The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Rephrased, greed is the root of all evil. Irrefutable truth, but I just wanted to clarify your point, because it's so true.

    And it's very definitely my opinion that Blizzard loves money more than its customers, and Rift and SW:ToR are the price they are going to be paying.

    2 years from now we'll be saying "that new WoW mmo with the improved graphics and engine is going to be cool, maybe I'll switch from Rift to the new WoW game. When I dropped WoW 4 months after Cataclysm I never thought I'd look back".

  16. #36
    No, MMO-champion was originally for all mmo's, Patch updates were put on the front for WoW because that is what would bring the people in, to thus view his ads.

    Sorry that I didn't state in my opening post that any "Legitimate" competition is a good thing, and up until this point, WoW really hasn't had any, and still might not. I'm not saying that Rift will be any good. I'm saying that we should hope it will be, thus we will have 2 games that will be made with a bit more thought as to what may keep their customer around, not what can milk the most money out of them because they really don't have anywhere else to go.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans istheshiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzei View Post
    The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Rephrased, greed is the root of all evil. Irrefutable truth, but I just wanted to clarify your point, because it's so true.

    And it's very definitely my opinion that Blizzard loves money more than its customers, and Rift and SW:ToR are the price they are going to be paying.

    2 years from now we'll be saying "that new WoW mmo with the improved graphics and engine is going to be cool, maybe I'll switch from Rift to the new WoW game. When I dropped WoW 4 months after Cataclysm I never thought I'd look back".
    Rift and SWTOR have the same $14.99/month price tag...

    Why are people so harsh on Blizzard? In all my years of playing WoW, I have had an exceptional experience with their customer services. They are polite, responsive, and get on the job. They listen to their players. Again, thus why we have buffing and nerfing. That my friend is due to player feedback. Players tell them how the game is going, they listen and try to fix it to the best of their ability. Naturally not everyone would be satisfied but as long as the majority is satisfied, then hell to the rest.

    signature by Alyajna
    "There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

  18. #38
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK.
    Posts
    153
    SW:TOR is science fiction, WoW is fantasy, so while some of the player base will be similar, there will be some who are exclusive. Rift is a blend of science fiction and fantasy with it's magitech ideas, and I do hope it provides competition for Blizzard, they may improve wow to a point where I come back from Telara to try it out, but in the mean time I prefer the freedom of choice in Rift. However I look forward to GW2 to take me back to my GW roots, where freedom of choice gaming will be redefined

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    No, MMO-champion was originally for all mmo's, Patch updates were put on the front for WoW because that is what would bring the people in, to thus view his ads.
    And how many YEARS ago was that?

    Besides, the forum guidelines disagree with you.
    3. MMO-Champion is a World of Warcraft community
    Keep in mind that MMO-Champion is a World of Warcraft related community, ensure that your posts/threads in the World of Warcraft sections are World of Warcraft related. Off-topic posts are only allowed in their respective forums:

    * General Topics (news, other non-WoW general interest topics)
    * Fun (forum games, etc.)
    * Computers
    * Video games
    * Sports
    * Music / Cinema / TV / Books


    Please see the rules threads in each off-topic forum for posting guidelines.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tubbytubaman View Post
    No, MMO-champion was originally for all mmo's, Patch updates were put on the front for WoW because that is what would bring the people in, to thus view his ads.

    Sorry that I didn't state in my opening post that any "Legitimate" competition is a good thing, and up until this point, WoW really hasn't had any, and still might not. I'm not saying that Rift will be any good. I'm saying that we should hope it will be, thus we will have 2 games that will be made with a bit more thought as to what may keep their customer around, not what can milk the most money out of them because they really don't have anywhere else to go.
    I don't disagree that competition for WoW would be good for both games, I just don't think it's as necessary as some of you make it out to be. Blizzard really doesn't need motivation to improve their game, which they show daily this past week by the hotfixes they implement for the better of the game. Could they do more? Sure, you can always do more. Do they need to? Probably not considering the majority of their customer base is happy and anyone not happy will be once tier 12 comes out (by that I mean the majority of issues people have lately seem to deal with lack of content, which tier 12 will fix for them). So all in all while a competitive game is always good, it's likely just not really that necessary for Blizzard to do a good job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •