Resto Druids *eventually* getting a tank-CD?!

Forgive my excitement, but:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We agree with the sentiment among some players that Restoration druids and Restoration shaman are lacking in the healing cooldown department. The shaman buff and Power Word: Shield adjustment above should bring all healers reasonably close in terms of throughput. The decision on who to bring then might end up being dictated by the strong cooldowns offered by paladins or priests. This isn’t the kind of thing we can address via a hotfix, but it is something we are looking at for the next major content patch.

I've been waiting a few years now to see this change, and I'm really grateful that at the very least they're considering making it.

Resto druids and shamans need a CD to be competitive, especially considering the extremely OP CDs that paladins and priests provide. All we druids can boast right now is strong/consistent healing throughput (although we can't as easily boast strong-burst healing potential, which again both priests and paladins have), but that does no good when a single boss ability can potentially 1- or 2-shot a tank or the raid.

I hope Blizzard comes through with this, because it has been a long time coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion- This is a very simple fix. A great tank CD for Resto Druids would be to be allowed to Cast Barkskin on another player. Make it a deep resto talent. Get rid of the DPS talents in the resto tree. Make it a CD on the same level as every other bubble/damage reduction CD other classes have. Don't change the mechanics of the spell at all beyond allowing it to be cast on others.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekoe View Post
    In my opinion- This is a very simple fix. A great tank CD for Resto Druids would be to be allowed to Cast Barkskin on another player. Make it a deep resto talent. Get rid of the DPS talents in the resto tree. Make it a CD on the same level as every other bubble/damage reduction CD other classes have. Don't change the mechanics of the spell at all beyond allowing it to be cast on others.
    Even better, don't change the spell at all but allow it to be used on others while in tree form. Ridiculously easy patch that doesn't change the amount of healing throughput but improves a resto druids "OH SHIT" CD ability. Also requires skill as you need to think carefully when you're going to use it on yourself and when to save it for tank emergencies.

imo reduce certain druid cooldowns = fix

I always wished that when they changed tree form they gave it slightly less power then it has currently but made it usable whenever but it roots you in place when you use it. Considering the state of PvP and most encounters, that would be a much more interesting mechanic imo.

Yeah these are great ideas, lets homogenize the game even farther than it already is! While we're at it, lets give every class every spell so that way we don't feel underpowered because everyone can provide everything! And while we're at it, lets allow any class to spec into any tree of another class, protection mages and unholy druids!

/sarcasm

Quit QQing because a class offers something you don't. I remember when classes used to be unique, but all of the forum QQ has caused more homogenization than ever imaginable.

Somewhat offtopic, but the DPS talents in the resto tree need to stay. They are there for PvP. I don't know the last time you tried, but I still find it utterly impossible to heal my enemies to death.

Hell, there are quite a few fights recently I wish I had the points to take the free wrath talent. It would give me something to do other then sit on my thumbs thru Magmaw's head-down phase.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Yeah these are great ideas, lets homogenize the game even farther than it already is! While we're at it, lets give every class every spell so that way we don't feel underpowered because everyone can provide everything! And while we're at it, lets allow any class to spec into any tree of another class, protection mages and unholy druids!

/sarcasm

Quit QQing because a class offers something you don't. I remember when classes used to be unique, but all of the forum QQ has caused more homogenization than ever imaginable.
    You are forgetting that the classes have already been homogenized, which is the reason we need a cooldown. They made us the same as the others, but without the toys. I hardly consider that balanced. If they are going to make us all the same, they need to finish the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

/sarcasm

Err. I'm sorry, do you not understand the problem? Right now there's no reason to take a resto Druid over a holy pally or a disc priest. They're better, period.

I'm all against homogenization but when there are 5 heal specs in the game and 2 are superior to the other 3.. that's a problem.

/sarcasm

I remember when people used to not be tools, but all of the forum discussions have brought about more tools than ever imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerona View Post
    Call me nostalgic, but I still miss permanent Tree of Life form. I wish they'd make a glyph that would "average out" Tree of Life's effects in addition to removing its limited duration and cooldown.

But, of course, this violates The Homogenization Principles by removing our +healing cooldown, so...yeah.

</QQ>
    Call me nostalgic but I miss the days before the bloody tree form, where people haven't even heard of a tree form and wouldn't whine about it for ages beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    Call me nostalgic but I miss the days before the bloody tree form, where people haven't even heard of a tree form and wouldn't whine about it for ages beyond.
    Sitting in tree form and spamming /dance while managing tri-lifebloom on each tank was ridiculously fun. And hey, healers felt different back then. Resto shamans brought utility and good raid healing. Restos provided the ability to heal tanks and raid at the same time, plus battle rez. Pallies brought awesome tank healing. Holy Priests were fantastic raid healers and disc priests were great tank healers. Now any combination of classes brings the utility and all of the classes heal raid and tank, more or less, equally well but priests and paladins win via better cooldowns.

Pretty soon they'll give restos a new CD and all healers will be exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvision View Post
    imo reduce certain druid cooldowns = fix
    wtb the old ToL back :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    wtb the old ToL back :/
    That would be a major nurf. Everything that was in old tree form has been integrated elsewhere. That would nurf an amazing CD we have now that we didn't before.

dont get rid of dps talents lol free wrath > all in pvp bro.

Deleted
    But the DPS talents in Resto are rubbish. The damage of even a free wrath is pitiful, and means nothing when an overpowered rogue stunlol's you for endless amount of seconds.

we have one. its called tree of life

Why do people not seem to understand what kind of healing cooldown Blizzard is referring to? We have plenty of burst-healing cooldowns: Tranquility, Tree of Life, Swiftmend, and Nature's Swiftness.

They're NOT talking about giving us a burst-healing cooldown.

They're talking about giving us a damage-reduction cooldown (like Pain Suppression, Power Word: Barrier, Guardian Spirit, Hand of Sacrifice, or Aura Mastery -- notice how all of these are limited to Priests and Paladins and that Druids and Shamans don't provide any?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Why do people not seem to understand what kind of healing cooldown Blizzard is referring to? We have plenty of burst-healing cooldowns: Tranquility, Tree of Life, Swiftmend, and Nature's Swiftness.

They're NOT talking about giving us a burst-healing cooldown.

They're talking about giving us a damage-reduction cooldown (like Pain Suppression, Power Word: Barrier, Guardian Spirit, Hand of Sacrifice, or Aura Mastery -- notice how all of these are limited to Priests and Paladins and that Druids and Shamans don't provide any?)
    We do not have any AOE burst healing except for Tranquility which is on a huge CD (but still great nonetheless) which is i think what people are talking about. But you are correct, they are not considering giving us some kind of burst healing ability and i don't think it's needed really. Sure it would be nice, but druids have always had more emphasis in hots and i don't understand why people want that taken away all of a sudden. Maybe because holy priests are above us on metres? Thats ok, you can be bottom of a healing metre and it doesn't mean you are a bad healer.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah these are great ideas, lets homogenize the game even farther than it already is!
    /sarcasm

Homogenizing the classes would never have become an issue to be considered if Blizzard hadn't effectively neutered 25 man raiding by making the same loot drop in 10s. Having to carefully stack only certain classes for certain bosses makes these such homogenization suggestions absolutely necessary. Though- I wish there was another option. I loved my Druid. Not so much anymore.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.