Lawl.....All your base are belong to us.....is now 10 yrs old.

someone set us up the bomb!

Has this anything to do with wow?

Ummm... "All Your Base" comes from the European version of the game which came out in 1992.

Unless you're just talking about the game itself... You're still wrong. The Sega version came out in Japan in 1991, sure, but the game originally came out as an arcade game in 1989.

I AM NERD! HEAR ME ROAR!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Ummm... "All Your Base" comes from the European version of the game which came out in 1992.

Unless you're just talking about the game itself... You're still wrong. The Sega version came out in Japan in 1991, sure, but the game originally came out as an arcade game in 1989.

I AM NERD! HEAR ME ROAR!

You are correct, however the phenomenon that is known as "All your base belongs to us" rose up and became popular after the failure of the Y2K scare that didn't happen. Game was out long before, but the rise of broken English became popular 10 yrs ago. The game was called Zero Wing, back in the 16 bit generation.

Quote Originally Posted by darqie121 View Post
    You are correct, however the phenomenon that is known as "All your base belongs to us" rose up and became popular after the failure of the Y2K scare that didn't happen. Game was out long before, but the rise of broken English became popular 10 yrs ago. The game was called Zero Wing, back in the 16 bit generation.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...100525,00.html

"Late last year, fans with too much time on their hands started doctoring photos to show this last phrase cropping up everywhere from George W. Bush billboards to Budweiser ads to the cover of TIME. Then Kansas City computer programmer and part-time deejay Jeffrey Ray Roberts, 23, sampled the quote and added an annoyingly catchy dance track."

It happened at the end of 2000.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone fill me in, I have no idea what this is...

This is a pointless thread so I am closing it...
    It's also a meme which we generally don't like in posts, 'specially not when it comes to an entire thread based off it 0.o

But... I have to say. Well done for bringing some decent (albeit short) discussion to this thread, that's quite impressive ^_^