10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement Shaman and Strength

I'm a new enhancement shaman and I was wondering, if there's Strength on a weapon, is that a deal breaker? I've been told that strength is a bad stat to have but if the Weapon DPS is higher than a current weapon with Agility on it, should I take the strength weapon?

Deleted
    You don't want to pursue items with strength, but if a weapon has more desirable secondary stats and more weapon damage/dps with strength, you should take it.

there was a thread on this and stickies do tell you the answer...however at low levels id say 1-65 it really doesnt matter at level 85 i think the only str wep an enhance shamy would use would be cookies tendorizer thats true somewhat isnt it peeps?

str gives us 1 ap per point while agil gives us crit and 2 ap per point

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys I'm sorry I didn't have time to check the stickies, I'm actually on my way out the door and the mmo forums are usually very quick to respond. Thanks, and any more questions I have, I will certainly be checking the stickies before creating a repetitive thread. <3

Weapon DPS and speed far outweigh the stats on said weapon. That is why Cookie's Tenderizer is so good. The 2.8 second swing speed is /drool. You only lose 130ish AP and a tiiiny bit of crit; but it's made up for by the swing time (here) or weapon DPS (in your situation).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    Weapon DPS and speed far outweigh the stats on said weapon. That is why Cookie's Tenderizer is so good. The 2.8 second swing speed is /drool. You only lose 130ish AP and a tiiiny bit of crit; but it's made up for by the swing time (here) or weapon DPS (in your situation).
    question is what for if you can have pvp weapons in 3 weeks without to much efort and they are much beter than anything with str, maybe beside claws of agony set but thats diferent story

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    question is what for if you can have pvp weapons in 3 weeks without to much efort and they are much beter than anything with str, maybe beside claws of agony set but thats diferent story
    Uh they're not "much better." You'd need to sim it to see which is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you take in consideration time/efort put into geting it and there is only 2 str weapons in game comperable which is cookies tenderizer and claws of agony they are much better belive me

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"