Thread: Holy PvP?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    zito friend, you should consider dropping one point from twin disciplines and go 1 into twisted faith. voila you are now hit capped for pvp so no wasted gems slots/chants on hit!

and since the 2% you will lose from twin disciplines is multiplicative you wont notice it gone at all.

this is how im playing atm:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bbbZfu...hb0o:ao0rVz0MV

i chose mental agility over twin disciplines because my main problem as holy is mana atm.
    i chose glyph of flash heal because with holy word: serenity 25% crit it is a life saver!!

i tend to gear with this in mind:
    Resil>INt/Spi>Haste>Mastery>Crit

resil - from gear should get you to over 3k which is where you wanna be.
    Int - i dont even have to (40int gems in all red slots no exceptions)
    spirit - holy concentration (this tends to be what i gem/chant for the purple 20int-20spirit is my fav)
    haste - sexy
    mastery - sexy
    (edited my first post for my updated spec that did not update for some reason lol)

As a sad before variation spec are viable and completely fine. Haste however in pvp is so so, you would get more out of crit. Haste effects cast time and DoT ticks, true that a faster cast time would save your life but we have take into account interrupts and such. Making instant casts more worth whiled and when it crits its just glorious, crit is just better for a pvp situation. Surge can crit, desperate prayer can crit, renew can crit, crit procs inspiration meaning a high up time, pom can crit (first charge = orgasmic). The only thing I don't think can crit is lightwell. Serendipity also makes haste less attractive for single target healing.

As for flash heal glyph you're right, for some reason I read below 10% health (lol). Since mana is an issue for holy taking dispel glyph would be lackluster over PoM since you know we cant stack regain and dispel spam like other healers... (GG blizzard).
    Last edited by zito; 2011-02-19 at 02:07 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spec with one point of Twisted Faith actually makes a lot of sense. I never went down in the Shadow Tree, since I wanted Inner Sanctum for the added survivability. I hope I can do some Arena this week (getting close to 2000 rating) and test it out. Now I'll have replace all my hit-pieces...
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    The spec with one point of Twisted Faith actually makes a lot of sense. I never went down in the Shadow Tree, since I wanted Inner Sanctum for the added survivability. I hope I can do some Arena this week (getting close to 2000 rating) and test it out. Now I'll have replace all my hit-pieces...
    what comp do you play? or anyone, really.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    what comp do you play? or anyone, really.
    2v2 I play with a Feral Druid and we pretty much destroy most other teams, but that could be pure luck or because or rather low rating.
    3v3 I play Hunter/Priest/Warlock or Hunter/Priest Paladin. Probably not the best comps, but I'm playing with friends. Our Warlock/Paladin will be quiting in a few weeks, so we'll have to change it up. Hunters benefit a lot from things like Body and Soul and Lifegrip.
    Resurrected Holy Priest